You're starting an NBA team: Shaq or Hakeem?

Options
Dick Shitman
Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Power vs finesse

Who do you take? Why?

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cant go wrong with either I'd take Hakeem though, dont have to worry about him missing FT at the end of a game
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem The Dream

Best center ever
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem.......................
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem....cuz he has a larger shooting range and his free throw percentage is way higher...key in the clutch
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If I'm starting a team?,so lets just say it's an expansion team,I take Shaq 28 and 12 fills the seats,? free-throw percentage,I'll draft a Kobe type ? after my losing season problem solved we'll always be competitive!
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem no doubt.

Better question during their prime who do you take on your team as a side kick Scottie Pippen or Cylde Drexler?
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yall fools are razcy the only reason have you ? know hakeem is beacuse miceal jordan left the game, were the dream won 2 jordan could have 8 even 9 if he stayed on more year with the bulls, so who do yo take shaq not even a debatable
  • ReppinBKtotheFullest
    ReppinBKtotheFullest Members Posts: 166
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol if MJ hadnt retired the first time, he'd be on Charles Barkley status... he is NOT better than Shaq with both in their primes... Hakeem was at his peak in 94-95 while Shaq was at his peak in 2000, they met at the wrong time in the Finals...
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What yall mean he isnt better then Shaq? name one center thats offensivly better then Hakeem in his prime, that ? had more foot work then foot locker & finish line. I'll give Shaq the most dominant center ever because nobody cant guard shaq in the post. But Shaq already know about The Dream, he made his life a nightmare in the finals. & how yall gon say if it wasnt for Jordan retiring in 94, Hakeem would not have a ring. (even tho its more then likely true). So if Jordan wouldve kept playing until 2000, would LA wouldve gotten a ring that year?
  • mobilefreepimpp
    mobilefreepimpp Banned Users Posts: 147
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem no doubt.

Better question during their prime who do you take on your team as a side kick Scottie Pippen or Cylde Drexler?

Pippen easy...dude was like 9 or 10 time all defense.

As for the thread...Hakeem easy...he made shaq look like a str8 ? in the finals...with Penny in his prime...

Imagine Hakeem gets drafted that year to Magic instead of shaq and vice versa...he prolly woulda won with Penny, then say he went to La. Him and Kobe would have won many championships...with no ego clashing, no free throw issues...less foul trouble issues...

Close thread.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    yall fools are razcy the only reason have you ? know hakeem is beacuse miceal jordan left the game, were the dream won 2 jordan could have 8 even 9 if he stayed on more year with the bulls, so who do yo take shaq not even a debatable

You're contradicting your argument, cause Shaq didnt become a championship til 2 years after Jordan retired.

You want me to give Shaq a pass cause he was younger and didnt play most of his prime with Jordan in the league?
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Shaq...That ? is the reason for zone defenses in the NBA
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem is more skilled, but that doesnt translate to dominance and championships.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    wat kinda thread is this?...lol hakeem made shaq look like a big ? when da rocketz swept'd da magic wit no problemz n da 94-95 championship series....,,
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    wat kinda thread is this?...lol hakeem made shaq look like a big ? when da rocketz swept'd da magic wit no problemz n da 94-95 championship series....,,

that wouldnt have happen 2000-2003
  • Dick Shitman
    edited January 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

a 32 year old Hakeem averaged 33 ppg, 48% FG%, 11.5 rpg, 5.5 apg and 2.0 bpg

a 22 year old Shaq averaged 28ppg, 59.5% FG%, 12.5 rpg, 6.25 apg, and 2.5 bpg

Hardly a dummys numbers
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited January 2010
    Options

Why you say that?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »

Hardly a dummys numbers

Shaq himself said he got dominated.

In reference to the Trailblazers whining bout the officiating in the 2000 playoffs....
    "If I'm going to fight you, I'd rather just beat you," he said. "If I can't beat you, I'll be a man and say I can't beat you. I'm not going to [cry about it]. . . . I'm the first guy to say that somebody is better than me. I was the first guy to say Hakeem Olajuwon beat me in the [1995] NBA finals. He killed me. He dominated me. I didn't go, 'Oh, he's traveling. They had experience. Wah-wah-wah.' I'm a man. Hakeem Olajuwon dusted my butt. These guys now are crying, 'Three seconds!' It's just funny to me."
  • Dick Shitman
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Shaq himself said he got dominated.

In reference to the Trailblazers whining bout the officiating in the 2000 playoffs....

I've heard the quote and Hakeem obviously got the best of him, but 28-12-6-2 arent the numbers of a big ? like dud said earlier
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options

of course hakeem is only 10yrz older than shaq so @ that time da dream would not du shaq ? then..,,,
    ? Shitman wrote: »

Hardly a dummys numbers

u got wat i said twist'd yeah shaq was a force but hakeem made him look stupid n da championship & thatz a fact az u c even shaq knowz he got burn'd...,,lol
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hakeem.....that was my favorite player growing up....he had 15 foot fadeaway jumper that Shaq didn't.....great on the ball defender as well as help defender....shaq was only good as a help defender....one of the best passing big men in history...he could run the pick and roll and pass ou of the double team whereas Shaq could only pass out of the double team and porbably never ran a pick and roll in his career.....Hakeek could hit his free throws at the end of the game and his overall post game was nasty.....even Shaq at one time called Hakeem the best center in the league/\....
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Shaq...That ? is the reason for zone defenses in the NBA

what the hell are you talkin about?....the zone isn't really meant to stop the post game.....more so ? .....