Hip Hop Irony

Options

Comments

• Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited February 2010
    Options
    drake talking all summer about "Thank me later" but its already later and the albums not coming out untill march
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nas and Kelis dropping singles in the same year with the word "hate" in the title only to be married and going through a messy divorced years later.

Dre spitting he didn't smoke weed or cess on "Express Yourself", but then makes two albums titled Chronic.
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Rick Ross portraying himself as a ? cowboy only to be later exposed as a cop.

Master P writing countless tracks about smokin weed only to admit that he never has.

C-Murder getting mad at being accused of being a real murderer.

After signing Mack 10 to Cash Money, Wayne and Baby becoming Bloods overnight.

Again, Slim Thug's cockiness backfiring by naming his album Already Platinum, which coincidentally still isn't platinum.

Jay-Z doing a song called "Bonnie and Clyde" eventhough Pac hated him.

The fact that Jay-Z and Master P owe their success to the murders of Pac and Biggie.

? C dies of a "codiene overdose" but Lil Wayne's still alive.

Gucci Mane giving a public service announcement at the BET Hip Hop Awards for kids to stay in school and stay off of drugs right before he performed "I'm Wasted".

Despite almost every verse he ever spit dealt with not getting caught up and going to jail, Willie D is about to go to prison for wire/mail fraud for a mail-order I-Phone scam.

Eventhough it's pretty well known who killed Pac and Biggie, their murders still remain "hip-hop's biggest mystery".

Scarface's favorite bands are Kiss and Pink Floyd and he plays golf.

Benzino calling Eminem a "white devil" and using the n-word, despite the fact that he's half white and no one's ever pulled his card on this.

Benzino calling Eminem a sell out eventhough he's traded 4 and 5 mic reviews, and Source Awards, for guest appearances on his albums.

Three 6 still calling themselves a "mafia" despite only now having 2 members.

No one finding it strange that everytime Gucci Mane gets locked up for what's supposed to be a year or two, he's out in a week.
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Lock you down baby, you know what you owe me
    Mack like Goldie, it's the same story
    Let you hold something, you spending it right
    Know where you gon' be by the end of the night
    Make it bounce, shake it, move it around
    Wiggle it a little bit, throw it to the south
    Fantasizing me inside and you riding
    Throw it like a stallion, you wearin' my medallion"

you Owe Me - Nas

guess who's wearing the QB chain in the video...
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    this one had me laughing!!!

U LYIN DUDE, iz she hiz manager 4 reall????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mattee c wrote: »
    Rick Ross portraying himself as a ? cowboy only to be later exposed as a cop.

Master P writing countless tracks about smokin weed only to admit that he never has.

C-Murder getting mad at being accused of being a real murderer.

After signing Mack 10 to Cash Money, Wayne and Baby becoming Bloods overnight.

Again, Slim Thug's cockiness backfiring by naming his album Already Platinum, which coincidentally still isn't platinum.

Jay-Z doing a song called "Bonnie and Clyde" eventhough Pac hated him.

The fact that Jay-Z and Master P owe their success to the murders of Pac and Biggie.

? C dies of a "codiene overdose" but Lil Wayne's still alive.

Gucci Mane giving a public service announcement at the BET Hip Hop Awards for kids to stay in school and stay off of drugs right before he performed "I'm Wasted".

Despite almost every verse he ever spit dealt with not getting caught up and going to jail, Willie D is about to go to prison for wire/mail fraud for a mail-order I-Phone scam.

Eventhough it's pretty well known who killed Pac and Biggie, their murders still remain "hip-hop's biggest mystery".

Scarface's favorite bands are Kiss and Pink Floyd and he plays golf.

Benzino calling Eminem a "white devil" and using the n-word, despite the fact that he's half white and no one's ever pulled his card on this.

Benzino calling Eminem a sell out eventhough he's traded 4 and 5 mic reviews, and Source Awards, for guest appearances on his albums.

Three 6 still calling themselves a "mafia" despite only now having 2 members.

No one finding it strange that everytime Gucci Mane gets locked up for what's supposed to be a year or two, he's out in a week.

Pac didnt invent the names bonnie and clyde so who cares
    Master P doesnt owe anything to Pac and Bigs murders
    dude is a hustler. All that money and still shopping at walmart. dude made himself successful
    Jay is possible but we cant just assume that cuz all these is and buts are pointless
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Master-P gettin hiz GANGSTA/Game from sellin dope on the streets of South Richmond California, but after he got ran outta the Bay 4 stealin The Luniz'z "Ice-Cream Man" (Idea/Song) he started claimin New Orleans.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cam'ron claiming the head of Roc-A-Fella Records had him set up and shot, while at the same time rockin' Roc-A-Wear boxers.
  • mattee c
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rapluva wrote: »
    Master-P gettin hiz GANGSTA/Game from sellin dope on the streets of South Richmond California, but after he got ran outta the Bay 4 stealin The Luniz'z "Ice-Cream Man" (Idea/Song) he started claimin New Orleans.

Actually homie, I think Dru Down originally came up with the Ice Cream Man concept. Seems like I remember Yukmouth saying that that's where The Luniz got the idea from.
    And @$ineedmoney$, I might regret asking this but just out of curiousity, how do you know what brand of boxers Cam'ron sports?
  • mattee c
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Pac didnt invent the names bonnie and clyde so who cares
    Master P doesnt owe anything to Pac and Bigs murders
    dude is a hustler. All that money and still shopping at walmart. dude made himself successful
    Jay is possible but we cant just assume that cuz all these is and buts are pointless

I know Pac didn't invent the names Bonnie & Clyde, but he came with the song first. And at the time when Blueprint 2 came out, I was not the only one who noticed. But Master P owes a lotta credit to Pac. Look at the timeline. Immediately after Pac's death, Master P starts getting national exposure. Master P's lyrics were completely saturated with stolen Pac lyrics / themes and countless references to Pac. I guarantee if Pac had lived, he would've not sat by why Master P cashed in on his image. When Pac dissed Jay-Z and Nas on Makavelli, it hurt their credibility. No Pac fans listened to Jay-Z or Nas until after he died. And Biggie's death left a void in NY rap that Jay was quick to capitalize on. But it's not just Jay-Z and Master P. There's a ton of rappers who were already out when Pac and Big were alive, but didn't get any recognition until they were dead. In other words, a lot of people were buyin Jay-Z, Nas, and Master P albums because there were no new releases from Pac or Big.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know Pac didn't invent the names Bonnie & Clyde, but he came with the song first. And at the time when Blueprint 2 came out, I was not the only one who noticed. But Master P owes a lotta credit to Pac. Look at the timeline. Immediately after Pac's death, Master P starts getting national exposure. Master P's lyrics were completely saturated with stolen Pac lyrics / themes and countless references to Pac. I guarantee if Pac had lived, he would've not sat by why Master P cashed in on his image. When Pac dissed Jay-Z and Nas on Makavelli, it hurt their credibility. No Pac fans listened to Jay-Z or Nas until after he died. And Biggie's death left a void in NY rap that Jay was quick to capitalize on. But it's not just Jay-Z and Master P. There's a ton of rappers who were already out when Pac and Big were alive, but didn't get any recognition until they were dead. In other words, a lot of people were buyin Jay-Z, Nas, and Master P albums because there were no new releases from Pac or Big.

thats the dumbest ? i ever read
    there's no proof of this at all
    Master P got support from the South. ? in NY or watever may not have been listening but we support are artist down here
    Jay had raw talent but not a major backing him up. Jay would have surpassed Big and Pac anyway if they hadnt died
    Master P owes credit to ? and No Limit as well as the SOuth and thats about it
    Jay was fairly new when Pac dissed him so he had no credibilty to hurt but Nas did
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

Your wasting your time going back Forth with mr HomoHop he already admitted on the old IC he goes both ways, that said his credibility is nil and he is a complete idiot when it comes to this Culture we call HipHop...
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the master p biting is well documented.listen to c-murder or letter to the president.master p been a biter since always .made big money has good business sense but is artistically garbage
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually homie, I think Dru Down originally came up with the Ice Cream Man concept. Seems like I remember Yukmouth saying that that's where The Luniz got the idea from.
    And @$ineedmoney$, I might regret asking this but just out of curiousity, how do you know what brand of boxers Cam'ron sports?

Were you around when Cam' and Dipset had that press conference about Cam' being shot?? Well there is video and pics of it on the net. When Cam' lifted his shirt to show his bullet wounds, his pants were sagging and his Roc-A-Wear print boxers were sticking out. Cam' LOST.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ ? from the corner, i came with this thread after readin another one on Joe BuddenTv, y'all can catch feelins now
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • mattee c
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your wasting your time going back Forth with mr HomoHop he already admitted on the old IC he goes both ways, that said his credibility is nil and he is a complete idiot when it comes to this Culture we call HipHop...

@fazeem the wanna-be terrorist - If that was directed at me, you can go somewhere with that hoe ? . Let's see some evidence of me "admitting I go both ways". Because I guarantee if that were true, you'd of been instant messaging me wanting me to meet up with your ? ass. And as far as me being a complete idiot when it comes to hip hop, I guarantee I know a lot more about this culture we call hip hop than a wanna be Osama Bin Laden. But keep running that mouth. I got folks in Tacoma, Seatle, Olympia, all over Washington. Even up in Vancouver, British Columbia. It's nothing but a phone call. Your new location'll be at the bottom of the Puget Sound. Stop being brave over the internet.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options

I saw that ? ...he did that announcement AFTER the performance and said "I know I talk about partyign and having fun but be responsible"
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    eminem tea baggin n sync and then gettin tea bagged by bruno, lol
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @fazeem the wanna-be terrorist - If that was directed at me, you can go somewhere with that hoe ? . Let's see some evidence of me "admitting I go both ways". Because I guarantee if that were true, you'd of been instant messaging me wanting me to meet up with your ? ass. And as far as me being a complete idiot when it comes to hip hop, I guarantee I know a lot more about this culture we call hip hop than a wanna be Osama Bin Laden. But keep running that mouth. I got folks in Tacoma, Seatle, Olympia, all over Washington. Even up in Vancouver, British Columbia. It's nothing but a phone call. Your new location'll be at the bottom of the Puget Sound. Stop being brave over the internet.
    Your an idiot also if you think that it was you I actually agreed with your point, I quoted you and was speaking to you about The admitted ? who you were going back and forth with but if you caught feelings about it maybe there is something more to it but my comments were for you not about you. Reading is fundamental and precedence was already established in this thread but I bet ya missed that also? You got Folks huh you making e-threats about some ? that was not even directed at you Priceless, some of you faceless kittens are so hillarious. But by all means get some of your Folks around here and have them get at me, make that call cyber gangsta...

SMH at Kats being into hiphop but not understanding basic vernacular or conversation flow...
  • fountainoftruth
    fountainoftruth Members Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    Options

Lmao irony is making empty cyber threats while telling others to stop being brave over the internet. ha.
    smh
  • mattee c
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your an idiot also if you think that it was you I actually agreed with your point, I quoted you and was speaking to you about The admitted ? who you were going back and forth with but if you caught feelings about it maybe there is something more to it but my comments were for you not about you. Reading is fundamental and precedence was already established in this thread but I bet ya missed that also? You got Folks huh you making e-threats about some ? that was not even directed at you Priceless, some of you faceless kittens are so hillarious. But by all means get some of your Folks around here and have them get at me, make that call cyber gangsta...

SMH at Kats being into hiphop but not understanding basic vernacular or conversation flow...

@Fazeem - Look man, I can admit when I'm wrong and I was dead wrong for that. Those were not hollow threats but that's irrelevant if you weren't talking to me. I jumped the gun and thought you were talking to me because you had quoted my post. The correct way to handle that would've been to at least ask if that was directed at me and I handled it completely sideways. And that was hippocritical of me to talk ? to you but tell you to stop being brave over the internet. I hope you can accept my apology but I can respect it if you don't. I was out of line.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @Fazeem - Look man, I can admit when I'm wrong and I was dead wrong for that. Those were not hollow threats but that's irrelevant if you weren't talking to me. I jumped the gun and thought you were talking to me because you had quoted my post. The correct way to handle that would've been to at least ask if that was directed at me and I handled it completely sideways. And that was hippocritical of me to talk ? to you but tell you to stop being brave over the internet. I hope you can accept my apology but I can respect it if you don't. I was out of line.
    You Manned Up we are good I can respect that. As to the Hollow part I will throw you a bone my Last name is Bolar no Folks out here go against their own family so in the end they would have been hollow threats my family is heavy intertwined with the local game. But as I was previously saying I agree with the points you were making against ? boy he is a dickrider literally and the base comments fly past his head...
  • mattee c
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You Manned Up we are good I can respect that. As to the Hollow part I will throw you a bone my Last name is Bolar no Folks out here go against their own family so in the end they would have been hollow threats my family is heavy intertwined with the local game. But as I was previously saying I agree with the points you were making against ? boy he is a dickrider literally and the base comments fly past his head...
    Good ? homie. I appreciate you being man enough to accept my apology, eventhough like I said, I wouldn't of held it against you if you didn't. And what I meant is that I really do have people all throughout Washington state that I could call on if necessary. But I realize that was overkill even if your post had been directted at me. I'm glad you realize this was a misunderstanding, so let's just keep it movin.