Ya'll watch Man Vs. Food?

Options
jonlakadeadmic
jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I've been watchin this show for a while. Anybody else into this?

the host has def gained mad weight since being on the show btw.

some of these challenges are disgusting fam, others i could easily accomplish

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you must be sittin at the crib...
    its all good tho,
    if you cant take time out to chill & regroup while ya ol' ladyl holds ? down for a minute,whats the world comin to

oh yeah,
    MVF is prolly the GOAT Travel Channel show. i've seen every ep atleast twice. I jus started writing down recipes and locations to visit.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One of the few shows I make a point of watching.

I don't know how he does those challenges. I just saw the ep where he had to eat a 60oz steak. I got full just looking at it.

Best thing about it is if travel to those cities, I know where to go for some good food since you can look up the restaurants on the show's blog.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you must be sittin at the crib...
    its all good tho,
    if you cant take time out to chill & regroup while ya ol' ladyl holds ? down for a minute,whats the world comin to

oh yeah,
    MVF is prolly the GOAT Travel Channel show. i've seen every ep atleast twice. I jus started writing down recipes and locations to visit.

one of the best shows to watch while bein lazy at the crib.....
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Travel Channel is the best Channel cuh. Dhani Tackles the Globe is my favorite show.

But some of these challenges are epic.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good show...Homie downed a six lbs milk shake and a 2 lbs sammich LOL
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hell yea i watch that ?
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah I watch this show too...it's pretty entertaining..of course the dude has gained weight....over half of them challenges he has to eat are like 5 plus lbs of food..? disgusting...I wanna try of them though..just to say I did it.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yup i watch every episode like abillion times. this show is off the chain i love it when he goes to soul food spots i took notes on those.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm trying to get a job at that ? lol.....seriously though, probably not cause I don't eat too much bread, cheese or pork, and usually whenever those foods are involved they use way too much of that ? and it doesn't even look good. I wouldn't be too excited about a 100 ounce milkshake, or a bacon sandwich made with Kreme's either smh. Some of that food looks nasty and the portions are all OC.....But it looks like a fat ? paradise lol

I'd shut down the wing spots though
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a job at that ? lol.....seriously though, probably not cause I don't eat too much bread, cheese or pork, and usually whenever those foods are involved they use way too much of that ? and it doesn't even look good. I wouldn't be too excited about a 100 ounce milkshake, or a bacon sandwich made with Kreme's either smh. Some of that food looks nasty and the portions are all OC.....But it looks like a fat ? paradise lol

I'd shut down the wing spots though

for real doe...
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I watch all the time...me and my girl were talking bout making trips to a few of those places and try their food one day.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He said in an interview that while on the road filming, they usually manage to do one challenge a week. So for the 6 other days he says he eats extremely healthy and light; organics, no meats, no sugars, etc.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He said in an interview that while on the road filming, they usually manage to do one challenge a week. So for the 6 other days he says he eats extremely healthy and light; organics, no meats, no sugars, etc.

he still looks significantly bigger than when the show started...
  • So ILL
    edited October 2010
    Options

So salads and hummus and pitas and ? for 6 days and then the 40 inch meat lover's pizza with the glazed Krispy Kreme crust on the 7th? Aight then..........
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

yeah and he was on ESPN and said that works out about 2-3 hours when he does. looks like he been slacking on the workouts lately though
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i aint even gone front that show is great to watch while your "? eating"
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he still looks significantly bigger than when the show started...

He definitely looks like he's put on some weight. Even if it's only one time a week, you can't eat portions like that with any degree of regularity and not have it show up on you.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    So salads and hummus and pitas and ? for 6 days and then the 40 inch meat lover's pizza with the glazed Krispy Kreme crust on the 7th? Aight then..........

I'm just relaying the message. But that is the smart way to do it. It does mitigate the effects of all that overeating; even if by only a small amount. Better than eating like ? all 7 days of the week, is it not?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ill like to try some of them challenges
  • So ILL
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm just relaying the message. But that is the smart way to do it. It does mitigate the effects of all that overeating; even if by only a small amount. Better than eating like ? all 7 days of the week, is it not?

You're right, I was just making reference to the very random and sometimes gluttonous food he eats on the show. lol
  • 1eyejonny
    1eyejonny Members Posts: 42
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hell yeah, man vs food my ?
    yall ? with food wars? that ? they got hostin it is bad as hell
  • 1eyejonny
    1eyejonny Members Posts: 42
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one of the wing challenges you have to take when ur sober, i found that funny
    first thjing i thooght about was id get ? then do the challenge, right after i thought that the owner was like u gotta sign a waver and be sober
  • twizza 777
    twizza 777 Members Posts: 53
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I watch it from time to time. Dhani tackles the Globe and Bizarre Foods are my shows.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1eyejonny wrote: »
    hell yeah, man vs food my ?
    yall ? with food wars? that ? they got hostin it is bad as hell

yeah she ight but she ? me off cuz NO ? , but i really dont believe a ? when she tlakin about food like that....
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I saw a episode yesterday where he finally failed a challenge trying to eat a hamburger in kansas city.