I decided to have my 20,000th post in the Powder Room

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Powder Room
that's whassup right ladies??

well here's my subject matter...I'm reading a book called "Discovering the mind of a Woman" by this christian author named Ken Nair.

the reason i pointed out christian, because it's a very christian oriented book....

It's teaching the whole "man should love his wife like christ loved the church" and real talk reading this book is really opening up my eyes to a lot of things and making me look at my relationship/engagement..and future wedding in a truly differnt light...

and while i'm 100% dedicted to really being in tune to my lady.. i kinda joked her last night like

"i hope me being too into you doesn't end up getting on your nerves"
and she laughed it off like that could never happen...

but i'm curious to ask you ladies in here..

do you think having a man that understands you TOO well....understands the way you think too well, and just over all relates with you on a much much deeper level than you've ever expected a man to be able to do...can somehow end up being a problem???

like do you think this would be something spritiually ideal.. or would you be like

damn... this is too deep, too much...

mind you we're supposed to be getting married....but she's already starting to feel a little isolated from other females, cuz they're all either jealous, or so doubtful it puts her on the defense even trying to have a normal conversations about relationships....

thoughts??

Comments

• Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *posts just to be in here*
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *posts just to be in here*

• Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    word.. this thread has the potential to be epic based off of subject matter and my monumental 20,000th post...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    potentially powerful thread.............
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Interesting question.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    pimpmvp wrote: »
    niiiiiccccceeeeee lower body
    i bet it stank!!
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *pops champagne in celebration of this ? 's 20,000th post*

SMH, fam I hope you got more dollars in your savings account than your number of posts

*starts pouring the champagne on the ladies of the powder room and slides my credit card down some random female poster's asscrack*
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    love the thread du.

and i know exactly what you mean. my husband in a lot of ways knows me better than i know myself. it's good and bad. on the good side, he's in tune wit my feelings and that shows me he really cares. if i'm sad, or grumpy or upset he just knows and usually has the perfect thing to say or do. on the bad side (not that it's necessarily a con), you can't hide anything from that person, they are too in tune with you to the point it's like mind reading. he'll ask me what's wrong and i say nothin, but he persists and keeps askin cuz he knows me too well.

i also can see her isolation from her friends on this tip. when you are happy and have a connection like y'all do, them miserable women are not gonna wanna hear that esp if they've never even experienced what the hell she's talkin about
    right, like this weekend she was hanging out with her sister and some of their freinds and they're feeding her the whole

"well u know as soon as yall get married everythign gonna change. trust me it always changes"

and the "men can never keep this up for long.....they only act like this in the beginning and then they get lazy....don't get used to it"

and ? like that kinda irritates me, cuz it puts her in a bad spot, cuz she knows me well enough to know how dedicated and pasisonate about making this thing work as i am....of course i'll change, but that change is always going to be for the better...as i get older, and mature more, i plan on moving closer and closer to her in the sense of knowing her better, and becoming even closer to her.....

i feel like it makes no sense to get this far and stop... that doesn't even register.. if anythign i feel like with the world we're living in, and the kinda people that we're forced to be around...we have to work hoarder and build an even closer bond..

with things like advancing careers, and children, and finances.. things are only going to get harder and tougher, and it's going to take a lot more work to make it last 5-10 years from now than it has been taking these past 2 and1/2...

plus i've found something that i've gron very passionate about.....building a stronger bond with her......

once i've become pasisonate about something it's almost an obsession with me......who i am won't allow me to give up on the energy i put into this relationship....i'm too dedicated to serving my wife, it's like every negative thing i hear in regaurds to a marriage and relatinship motivates me even further....? is like super intense with us...mainly because of the example i set

it's almost to the point where i'm worried about overkill.....but she assures me it's cool.....i mean the whole thing is just alot sometimes to really fully absorb, even though i'm right in the middle of it all....

i 100% apprieciate your response kai, cuz i know ur doing the same thing, and that's one helluva encouraging post..to see that we're not the only ones....and that it is working for yall..

cuz it's soooo hard and rare to hear a good story aside from all the horror ones.....

i just be feeling like i'm training for a championship fight sometimes... and i'm pushing my self as hard as i can, cuz i refuse to accept than anyone else on this planet can go harder...

but yea....i feel u, and that's whassup yall on the same page...cuz a lotta ppl not...

o....

and......

23w2ykz.jpg
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My relationship is like this as well, but i will tell you this, and it may not make sense, but yall know that hbo vampire show,
    the main character likes the vampire because for once she dont have to hear someones thoughts and she can just do her.
    This is the bad part of this kind of relationship, is sometimes it leads one of the two people to want to get to know something else.
    This has also happened to me in the past.

Damn, this ? post count ? on the PR as a whole lol.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I say it's good and bad, I've known my guy for a long time before we started dating, he can just look at me and know what I'm thinking

It's good in one way because the overall communication is awesome

but there are times when I'm not ready to talk or just want some time alone, and he'll push for a conversation that I dont want to have because he knows something is wrong

but in the end I rather have a guy who knows me well than one who doesnt get me at all
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not a problem. I like it, but I can understand how that might be irritating day in and day out.
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump, so it doesn't go to the second page....
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dawg Grundy is the Martin Scorsese of gifs
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lmao @ that gif...nice
  • TazManianRebel
    TazManianRebel Members Posts: 421