Ether, please explain your concept of ?

Options
Rock_Well
Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
if possible...

I see you making numerous threads asking questions concerning the faith. And it seems to me no matter how many times the faithful come to answer the questions, you still haven't proved to have learned much in regards to the faith.

Now why don't you explain your own beliefs for a change.

Does ? speak to you?

Can ? even speak, period?

Is ? an actual person?

Have you actually even taken the time to get to know ? ?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    On the real, I hope you post serious this time Ether.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    On the real, I hope you post serious this time Ether.

lol This is going to be interesting.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    popcorneatingman.gif
    We waiting Ether
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hopefully feelings will be caught. Lol
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not trying to put the spotlight personally on anyone i just want to discuss ideas...

If that's asking to much it's all good, i understand...
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a feeling Ether does not like green eggs and ham.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I have a feeling Ether does not like green eggs and ham.

Because he isn't Sam... He is Ether.... and ? hath given him thy title
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    I am that I am.

Lol nice...
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My concept of ? or a creator is everything that IS. All that isn't I don't have a valid opinion on. I am Gods concept. Why wouldn't I be? I exist. You are as well. I feel that I have the privilege to exist among all other things in existence for a reason beyond me. I think thoughts that I don't make up. I'm not force to think. I want to.

well i can understand this idea, though i would have to question how does one, by themselves alone, determine what IS and what ISN'T? Wouldn't the person have to first establish a proven track record of absolute infallibility, and absolute ever-reliable senses?
  • universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? is ever present, interchangeable, we are one and one is all
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The I is only alone in thought in the mind. The track record is life, yours and others. The cycle of life repeats. The background and technology may change.
    Just think if thoughts was all around us like air, and your mind is the filter. The more you learn in this reality the more advance thoughts you are able to filter, but to much of man learned knowledge can clog the filter. You have to be able to balance reality and your own open mind.

What is reliable? What is re-li-able?
    Why can't ? be reconstructed in dreams?
    1. Please don't go pro-philosophical on me, i will cease and desist engaging such discussions in a heartbeat. All i got from the above is: man and his ability to reason leaves him open to define reality for himself. Post is so vague i can't tell if touched on or off what was said.

2. I mean reliable the way most people use the word. As defined in the dictionary.

3. The idea of 'reconstructing ? ' - that's just nonsense to a Christian. But i understand, by '? ', you most likely mean 'existence'. What i don't get is how you can hold "existence" as being objective Truth, turn around and ask why can't 'objective Truth' (? ) be reconstructed in a dream, and yet not notice the obvious conflicting ideas in this paradoxical question. If existence is a constant cycle, and always existed, how can 'it' be re-constructed?
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That dude is a clown... He undermines the whole concept of this section. People take time out to answer them stupid ass questions he is neither genuine or sincere about not realizing this idiot is all about being seen.
  • universaltruth
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think Ether posts things to make people open their minds and challenge what they think they know, cuz in reality we know nothing
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think Ether posts things to make people open their minds and challenge what they think they know, cuz in reality we know nothing

Pretty much, here and there he will drop something considered stupid, but for the most part his threads are thought provoking, if anything you could argue he post too many, but the quality of the post is there if you read it and understand it.
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? is ever present, interchangeable, we are one and one is all

and this is supported by....?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options

And ? is supported by?
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options

That is easily false. In reality, we know a lot of things. Just like we know we are going to have to die one day.

Having an open mind towards any but the Bible of course right? that's what kills me...the folk talking about being pro-open minded are the same folk that demonstrate the utmost closed mindedness towards scripture.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    four pillars at the corners of the world

Only four? I thought it was more
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That is easily false. In reality, we know a lot of things. Just like we know we are going to have to die one day.

Having an open mind towards any but the Bible of course right? that's what kills me...the folk talking about being pro-open minded are the same folk that demonstrate the utmost closed mindedness towards scripture.

Alot of the people I know on here who don't believe in the bible isn't because they just want to shun it, it's because they searched and looked and have come to the conclusion it's a book of folklore.
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And ? is supported by?

i don't think i can give a satisfying answer to one that already has a foundation that says ? doesn't exist.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i don't think i can give a satisfying answer to one that already has a foundation that says ? doesn't exist.

Wrong.... I've said the bible is false.
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Alot of the people I know on here who don't believe in the bible isn't because they just want to shun it, it's because they searched and looked and have come to the conclusion it's a book of folklore.

that may or may not be true...and the reality of the situation is, the reason why doesn't matter one bit if the conclusion they came to is false.
  • Rock_Well
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wrong.... I've said the bible is false.

hmm i see....i'm learning something everyday.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that may or may not be true...and the reality of the situation is, the reason why doesn't matter one bit if the conclusion they came to is false.

No it doesn't. If you seek and it's not there then you did exactly what the bible tells you to do to find ? and came up with final conclusion based on your findings. If you dismiss it without research than you are a drone.

You believe the bible so you would never be able to understand.
  • universaltruth
    edited October 2010
    Options

Look around you, matter of fact disregard that, just take some time to yourself, no television, no music, no sounds whatsoever, close your eyes and open your mind. Everything is connected, everything is cause and effect. Hurting another does nothing but hurt yourself. We as humans were came from the universe, are apart of the universe, and when we die we will once again go back to the universe. Now replace universe with ? and what do you have?