WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
McNabb benched because Grossman gave team best chance, Shanahan says

Coach Mike Shanahan said Sunday he benched starting quarterback Donovan McNabb with less than two minutes left in the Lions game because he believed backup Rex Grossman gave the team a better chance to win the game.

"I thought (Grossman) gave us the best chance to win," Shanahan said.

McNabb, who was not injured, is still the Redskins' starter, Shanahan said. But he said Grossman is more comfortable with the team's offense and more capable of running the two-minute offense.

The Redskins had the ball trailing 31-25 with less than two minutes remaining when Grossman replaced McNabb. Grossman stepped back to pass on his first play, was hit and fumbled the ball. Lions lineman Ndamukong Suh picked it up and took it into the end zone to put the game out of reach.

Asked about Shanahan's move, McNabb said: "He makes the decisions. I just continue to go with it and just cheer for my team." He said he believes players and coaches still have confidence in him.

"When you get benched, you get benched," McNabb said. "Just have to learn from it and move on."

"I continue to focus as if I'm the starter," he added. "He said I'm still the starter."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/donovan-mcnabb/mcnabb-benched-because-grossma.html

============

Aw man. First Vince Young. But this? REX. ? . GROSSMAN? REALLY?

? yes this thread will be about race, Matt.

Comments