allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
who people would say "act white"?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    just wierd.. just the same as if it was white chicks acting....."Black" and like...lesbians dressin up like dudes or ? dudes that dress up as women..i understand...lesbians dressin up like dudes none of this
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, there isn't.

You could only be attracted to black chicks who eat sushi, ? 's all subjective.
  • simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited October 2010
    Options
    just wierd.. just the same as if it was white chicks acting....."Black" and like...lesbians dressin up like dudes or ? people that dress up as women..i understand...lesbians dressin up like dudes none of this

i never understood that.
  • fiat_money
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i never understood that.
    They just feel that the gender associated with their sex doesn't fit them.
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nah its not wrong. Black girls who "act white" are usually the best of both worlds. They usually are openminded to things not stereotypically black and have a cool chill demeanor.

But hoodrats wit phat ? is a personal weakness for the boy, u kno
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    No, there isn't.

You could only be attracted to black chicks who eat sushi, ? 's all subjective.
    Nah

Thats just too simple and true for GnS
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    They just feel that the gender associated with their sex doesn't fit them.

but why would a lesbian want a woman who looks like a man?
    or why would a ? man want a man that look like a woman?
    that ? perplexes me!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Some Londoners say I sound white.
    Not my fault I enunciate :(
  • Copper
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when we say act white do we mean hang around nothing but white people and listens to john mayer and watches dancing with the stars or are we talking about the opposite of hoodrat??
  • fiat_money
    edited October 2010
    Options
    but why would a lesbian want a woman who looks like a man?
    or why would a ? man want a man that look like a woman?
    that ? perplexes me!!
    It just means they're attracted to that particular gender/sex combination. Gender is traditionally tied to sex, but this is not always the case. In your example, the lesbian is merely attracted to the combination of females who exhibit traits traditionally tied to males.

I'm ridiculously attracted to sexy black chicks with British accents. Attraction can't always be explained.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    not really. As long as you're not prejudice against other nationalities. If it's preference then there's nothing wrong. Some people like asians. some like latinas. you like blacks.

I don't mean I only like black women; I mean people would say the black women I like "act white."
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when we say act white do we mean hang around nothing but white people and listens to john mayer and watches dancing with the stars or are we talking about the opposite of hoodrat??

I wanna know this too.. cuz if thats what he means I take back my prev post
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options

More the opposite of "hoodrat". I think how a person sounds also has a lot to do with who they say act white.

Also, I don't see what hanging around nothing but whites has to do with "acting white". A person can "act white" while hanging around with nothing but blacks (although most likely people would say those blacks "act white" too).
  • Copper
    edited October 2010
    Options
    More the opposite of "hoodrat". I think how a person sounds also has a lot to do with who they say sound white.

Also, I don't see what hanging around nothing but whites has to do with "acting white". A person can "act white" while hanging around with nothing but blacks (although most likely people would say those blacks "act white" too).

b/c acting white in the black community usually carries both of these meanings
    1. talks or enunciate words more similar to white people
    2. associates and dates nothing but whites and has absolutley nothing to do with black people outside of thier family
    I know both types of black people and they are considered to act white and no one bothers to make the difference known
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    define acting white?

do they go to college? are they articulate? do they read? live in the suburbs? have a shoe closet filled with more than just sneakers and pumps?

I don't really want to get into this. But no, people don't usually mean they go to college, are articulate, that they read, live in the suburbs, etc.
  • 100%Sag
    100%Sag Members Posts: 294
    edited October 2010
    Options
    More the opposite of "hoodrat". I think how a person sounds also has a lot to do with who they say sound white.

Also, I don't see what hanging around nothing but whites has to do with "acting white". A person can "act white" while hanging around with nothing but blacks (although most likely people would say those blacks "act white" too).[/QUOTE]

Nah, it doesn't work like that LOL. I went to white schools up until when I went a black high school, and I got called an oreo, square, etc all the time. Even in a black school, I hung around white people.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b/c acting white in the black community usually carries both of these meanings
    1. talks or enunciate words more similar to white people
    2. associates and dates nothing but whites and has absolutley nothing to do with black people outside of thier family
    I know both types of black people and they are considered to act white and no one bothers to make the difference known

I'm saying that when you think about it a person can act in ways in which people would say they act white even though they only hang with blacks. I mean think of someone who sounds white, listens to rock only, etc. but whose friends were all black. Do you mean that people would say he or she doesn't "act white" because his or her friends are black? I don't think they would. That means that hanging around with nothing but whites isn't really necessary to "acting white".
  • Copper
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm saying that when you think about it a person can act in ways in which people would say they act white even though they only hang with blacks. I mean think of someone who sounds white, listens to rock only, etc. but whose friends were all black. Do you mean that people would say he or she doesn't "act white" because his or her friends are black? I don't think they would. That means that hanging around with nothing but whites isn't really necessary to "acting white".

which was what I meant by number 1 of the examples I gave
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    which was what I meant by number 1 of the examples I gave

Those weren't examples; they were criteria. And I think criterion number 2 is not really right.

Anyway, let's get back to the question of the thread.
  • Copper
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Those weren't examples; they were criteria. And I think criterion number 2 is not really right.

Anyway, let's get back to the question of the thread.

examples of criteria exactly and how is number 2 wrong??
    and ur thread lacks logic
  • mattik
    mattik Members Posts: 226
    edited October 2010
    Options
    so basically you're saying you're attracted to black chicks that dont talk/act like stereotypical hoodrat chicks with all that extra attitude and poor use of grammar?
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes there's something wrong with being attracted to black women. White women are just better at everything.

u :mad:?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There's always something wrong with being attracted to one race, ? made ugly and sexy in every race, so only wanting to ? one race is beyond stupid and just racist.
  • kneegrowplease
    kneegrowplease Members Posts: 227
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no there is no problem, if thats your preference then ? what another ? gotta say, obviously they dont got nothin goin on if they worried about what kinda ? u like LMAO