Legendary Brit Set To Retire

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
WILLIAM REGAL ? the most famous and successful British wrestler of the modern era ? has announced his retirement from the ring.Wrestling at London's O2 Arena last night, Regal told the sold-out crowd this would be the last time they would see him perform in the UK.To a huge ovation, the grappler said: "This will be a little over 27 years I've been doing this now.As you can see we've got an incredible, wonderful crop of WWE superstars coming through."Maybe this is my last tour?so thank you very much."As some fans booed the mention of retirement, William added: "No no no, believe me this was the way I wanted to end it all. Thank you."Although Regal never won a world heavyweight championship, his haul of belts comprises almost everything else including WWE tag, Intercontinental, ? and European straps as well WCW's television title.He was also the 2008 King of the Ring and, less impressively, the first member of the Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club.Throughout a career that spanned the entire globe, Regal wor

Comments