Id like to battle :)

Options
Sheldon Mack
Sheldon Mack Members Posts: 33
edited November 2010 in Fresh Produce
I see yall like to beat battle on here. Id love to be in one. Heres my beat page to see if im worthy :phttp://www.soundclick.com/SheldonMack

I dont really know the rules yall let me know.

Comments

• Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    good stuff my brother - one of y'all ? come and battle this man!!!!
  • mylookiscopywritten
    mylookiscopywritten Members Posts: 61
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Whhhhoooooaaaaa that ? nice
    i see yall like to beat battle on here. Id love to be in one. Heres my beat page to see if im worthy :phttp://www.soundclick.com/sheldonmack

i dont really know the rules yall let me know.
  • calico_
    calico_ Members Posts: 133
    edited November 2010
    Options
    your kool..maybe Young Ice will scoop this battle up too...or maybe Sean Pain..i just mentioned those two because yall styles are kind of similar.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i will end his career!
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So sean pain will be the first victim? lol But whats the rules? Any specific Genre, time limit?
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol..i guess we got a battle??
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    lol..i guess we got a battle??

cal make up some rules
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    damn if i know lol...i aint a mod..ask Grundy or yall can just decide for yallselves what yall want to do..im assuming its gonna be sample free. just come up with a stye or something yall want to strive for...trap, club, east coast, down south..these are just general types..but idk do what yall feel.
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How about a popish type beat? Like kinda timbo, neptunes style. But its what ever. How much time do people usually get to make the beat for the battles?
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I want the winner of that battle

meaning sheldon.

AYE U MUUNKEY make the rules for this battle
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no holds barred - drop that ? ASAP; only one round so make that ? count!!!!!
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options

ight

i dont take holidays off. ill have something tonight
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ill see if I can get something done by tonight too.
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I got one thing to say before I drop my beat tonight....

Haha :)
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im ready when u r
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Here it is

http://www.divshare.com/download/13325997-fdd

Sorry if the mix is a lil bad, I usually wait a day to start mixing with fresh ears.
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I thought you were ready? 0_o I dont want no shady business lol.
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    umm..,im gonna go with sean pain on this one...even though sheldons was mixed better, it didnt have enough substance for me. Sean pain had a more complex chord progression. I 'll go with pain on this one
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR def...
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Substance??? If I may Id like to clear some things up before any more votes are cast. Yes my beat has no chord progression but that was on purpose. Timbaland hardly uses chords on his beats. And that was the genre was right? Popish timbo, neptunes type? As a matter fact seanpains beat hardly has any pop elements, only the snare (which is pretty hot) gives off that pop vibe.
    Now as for his substance. He starts off with a kind of arpegiated piano/harpsichord type sound, then comes a cheesy synth (im sorry that synth is a lil played out) that goes up the scale he uses with a slight delay. Then comes the drums with another synth that has no melody just plays and it kinda sounds syncopated dons’t really fit the structure. Now comes the strings which Im guessing has the chord progression. It just follows that same synth goes up then comes back to the I chord. Its probably a I - III – IV – III – I chord progression. Nothing really complex there. Then comes some choir sounds we’ve all heard a million times. Then we get a snare fill and it all just repeats. No drops no real switch ups nothing. (sorry to pick apart your beat like that)

Now lets check mine. It starts off with a strong synth bass, and lead synth that actaully has a melody, and my choir sound that slightly decrescendos as it progresses with an automated panning from left to right. Then comes another synth that really is used to counter the melody. The drums come in and you hear the crash that excites the down beat little. The kick goes along with synth bass perfect to create a sort of bounce that a lot of pop beats are known for, and you hear a lot of percussion (not just one hi hat). Then you hear the piano that’s just kind goes along with the lead. Then I start my verse then it leads to my chorus back to verse and to chorus again. Note though that my two verses are not structured the same, so I didn’t just copy and paste. Now my point is just cause I don’t have chords I don’t want yall to think that a lot of thought and technique didn’t go into making this beat. Chords are nice but not every beat needs one. Using melodies and counter melodies can be just a usefull.

Now I notice in this forum yall are a bit on the underground hip hop side which is cool cause I like underground hiphop to. But your not gonna really find a underground pop beat. Which was the genre we chose so that’s why mine is a bit on the generic side . Now calico and drgoo im not tryna get yall to change your vote cause its already casted and I respect it. This just for people that have yet to vote. I have no problem with losing just as long as its not over no bulla.

And damn I just wrote a damn essay lmao.
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options

Im'a need for you to reread the rules fam..^^
    Grundy said noholds barred..so pretty much you could do whatever u want.
    I just didnt find it interesting enough, how about that? Pain's was more interesting.

u-mad1.jpg&t=1

???
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Substance??? If I may Id like to clear some things up before any more votes are cast. Yes my beat has no chord progression but that was on purpose. Timbaland hardly uses chords on his beats. And that was the genre was right? Popish timbo, neptunes type? As a matter fact seanpains beat hardly has any pop elements, only the snare (which is pretty hot) gives off that pop vibe.
    Now as for his substance. He starts off with a kind of arpegiated piano/harpsichord type sound, then comes a cheesy synth (im sorry that synth is a lil played out) that goes up the scale he uses with a slight delay. Then comes the drums with another synth that has no melody just plays and it kinda sounds syncopated dons’t really fit the structure. Now comes the strings which Im guessing has the chord progression. It just follows that same synth goes up then comes back to the I chord. Its probably a I - III – IV – III – I chord progression. Nothing really complex there. Then comes some choir sounds we’ve all heard a million times. Then we get a snare fill and it all just repeats. No drops no real switch ups nothing. (sorry to pick apart your beat like that)

Now lets check mine. It starts off with a strong synth bass, and lead synth that actaully has a melody, and my choir sound that slightly decrescendos as it progresses with an automated panning from left to right. Then comes another synth that really is used to counter the melody. The drums come in and you hear the crash that excites the down beat little. The kick goes along with synth bass perfect to create a sort of bounce that a lot of pop beats are known for, and you hear a lot of percussion (not just one hi hat). Then you hear the piano that’s just kind goes along with the lead. Then I start my verse then it leads to my chorus back to verse and to chorus again. Note though that my two verses are not structured the same, so I didn’t just copy and paste. Now my point is just cause I don’t have chords I don’t want yall to think that a lot of thought and technique didn’t go into making this beat. Chords are nice but not every beat needs one. Using melodies and counter melodies can be just a usefull.

Now I notice in this forum yall are a bit on the underground hip hop side which is cool cause I like underground hiphop to. But your not gonna really find a underground pop beat. Which was the genre we chose so that’s why mine is a bit on the generic side . Now calico and drgoo im not tryna get yall to change your vote cause its already casted and I respect it. This just for people that have yet to vote. I have no problem with losing just as long as its not over no bulla.

And damn I just wrote a damn essay lmao.

dont get mad!!!

and they said no rules

they didnt say pop

and its just one battle and everybody aint voted yet.

BOI!

if u wanna redo it.

we can do pop and drop 2 new beats....
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Im not mad :). But I was a lil confused of the rules. I thought the genre was set, and the no "holds barred" meant we had no time limit and no other type of restrictions :/. So I could of dropped some epic ? on yo ass if I was more clear on that fact. Dont call me no boi either sean pain :), Im skilled enough to be your teacher lmao.