SMH at still being scared of China...

Options
Lorenzo de Medici
Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Social Lounge
Their economy will never outgrow America's.

They make ? ...

We own ? .

That's in in lamen's terms.

Comments

• Lorenzo de Medici
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok when dez ? bust out them gundams we gone see who scared

America spends more money on defense than all other developed countries combined.
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    America spends more money on defense than all other developed countries combined.

This is true^^^^^^^

North Korea wouldn't stand a chance..
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is true. America would really put a dent in China's power the instant we stop buying from the them and bring those companies back to America or Start buying from another Country.

It would be one hell of a war though.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Their economy will never outgrow America's.
    They make ? ...

We own ? .

That's in in lamen's terms.

I really think with sound judgement and knowledge on the topic that China does have the chance to outgrow Americas economy without this implosion thats being so predicted by the West. With the Asian Markets virtually in a mode of protectionism and if sustained I highgly doubt an implosion unless a conflict like North/South Korea conflict develops into a war.

Lets also not forget China actually has more US Dollars than the US and they own the most Bonds from the US Government, more than any other Nation on Earth. It would be in Americas best interest to keep things cool with China because they literally could Financially break the US in two maybe 3 pieces.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I really think with sound judgement and knowledge on the topic that China does have the chance to outgrow Americas economy without this implosion thats being so predicted by the West. With the Asian Markets virtually in a mode of protectionism and if sustained I highgly doubt an implosion unless a conflict like North/South Korea conflict develops into a war.

Lets also not forget China actually has more US Dollars than the US and the own the most Bonds from the US Government than any other Nation on Earth. It would be in Americas best interest to keep things cool with China because they literally could Financially break the US in two maybe 3 pieces.

I agree with this...not to mention they have the largest standing army, with US over stretched as it is...i don't see the US winning at all.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    t/s talking reckless talmbout the US owns ? haha

when actually you should mean the US borrows ? and pays back its loans with devalued currency

and is allowed to do so because of an inflated military and other stalemates that prevents China and other countries from just outright taking over

China will come out on top in 20yrs by economic means..............just pay attention to their strategy of how they are forcing their population to work more hours for less money, plus forcing them to save while the US continues to borrow and consume SMH
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Yep, this is why the economy is right now and the job market is in the ? .... They keep flooding the majority of their funds into their military. They're getting ready for something big. You don't spend trillions on war production while the economy has gone to hell with no intent on using them. WW3? Get ready, people!
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    we're not scared about a conventional war between the 2 countries, you dipshits

we're scared that their total disregard for human rights will be the dominant philosophy in the 21st century
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    China and the US have a complicated economic relationship characterized by mutual dependence, and within that context there is no reason to be 'scared' per-say. However, it is only a matter of time before China breaks that mutual dependency by looking inwardly to its own consumers; and when this happens China will have a tremendous amount of leverage over the US in economic terms.

Of course the dollar is a bit of an x-factor here. If the US is able to persuade the IMF and G20 to construct a revised monetary structure for the global economy based around the dollar, we can expect a continuation of US dominance in the global economy (abet within the context of an increasingly multipolar world). If the US is not persuasive in this respect, markets will gravitate gradually toward another currency or a batch of currency, and this would really clear the field for China to become the global superpower.

Americans shouldn't be scared of China, but we should be concerned about our own economic policies which will (imo) have far greater implications for the health of the US economy than will developments in China.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok when dez ? bust out them gundams we gone see who scared

You're thinking Japan.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Lets also not forget China actually has more US Dollars than the US and they own the most Bonds from the US Government, more than any other Nation on Earth. It would be in Americas best interest to keep things cool with China because they literally could Financially break the US in two maybe 3 pieces.

thats true, but the US would just be like "? you u aint getting ? , and now im gon ? you up"
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

"Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 49:16

Egypt thought they couldnt be touched
    Babylon thought they couldnt be touched
    Persia thought they couldnt be touched
    Greece thought they couldnt be touched
    Rome thought they couldnt be touched
    England thought they couldnt be touched
    Spain thought they couldnt be touched
    The aztecs thought they couldnt be touched
    The mayans thought they couldnt be touched
    Germany thought they couldnt be touched
    Japan thought they couldnt be touched

Heck, even Gods own choosen people, the nation of Israel thought they couldnt be touched.

When ? gives the command, the end of America will come swift and fast. LOL @ people trusting in "defense systems"' like that will stay the hand of ? when the hour of judgment comes.

"Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in the multitude of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the LORD." Isaiah 31:1
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 49:16

Egypt thought they couldnt be touched
    Babylon thought they couldnt be touched
    Persia thought they couldnt be touched
    Greece thought they couldnt be touched
    Rome thought they couldnt be touched
    England thought they couldnt be touched
    Spain thought they couldnt be touched
    The aztecs thought they couldnt be touched
    The mayans thought they couldnt be touched
    Germany thought they couldnt be touched
    Japan thought they couldnt be touched

Heck, even Gods own choosen people, the nation of Israel thought they couldnt be touched.

When ? gives the command, the end of America will come swift and fast. LOL @ people trusting in "defense systems"' like that will stay the hand of ? when the hour of judgment comes.

"Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in the multitude of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the LORD." Isaiah 31:1

? like this grind my gears
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    ? like this grind my gears

No wonder................
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited November 2010
    Options

we're scared that their total disregard for human rights will be the dominant philosophy in the 21st century

Hey ? , I'm not talking about the government, I'm talking about average people being worried about China's economy growing larger than our own as well as a conventional war between the two.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    do you guys seriously think the US is gonna ljust let china control our future like this....think about it
    all the empire in the past that was taken over was conquered an they didnt prepare properly ....
    do you seriously think the US wont prepare properly
    we are already allied with alot of the countries that sorround china....once we truly get india in our pocket then we will have someone that can throw equal manpower at china and match them man for man.....then we have japan that is just waiting to jump along with austrailia, mongolia, vietnam, and a few others....all of that on top of the US military and china will say...."please dont cut off my eggroll....you owe us no money,,,just dont cut off my eggroll"
    then we will say they are painting everything with lead paint and killin babies and their goes their economy.....

so there you have it
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

How well is that working in afganistan.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bruh, China don't want us to start droppin bombs...they better hit up Japan and ask about us...

China's got nukes too. This ain't 1945.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    I agree with this...not to mention they have the largest standing army, with US over stretched as it is...i don't see the US winning at all.
    although oddly enough the difference between the US standing army and China's standing army is not as large as you might expect (although it's still pretty big)
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Try to look at the world from a non american perspective, the US as a dominant power after the second world war has brought the world far more bad than good, US foreign policy has been the defintion of a total disregard for human rights.

Besides people always fail to mention that Europa has the biggest economy, yes nation wise the US and China are greater than that of germany, but the European Union economy is greater than both(and will only grow with the rise of eastern europe and the border free philosophy of it's members(free traffic of people employment/study/live/goods etc wise, imagine if mexicans and canadians use the same currency as u and can travel to both nations as you please without facing borders/customs, their are twice as much people in europe as in the states.

The chinese economy will overrun that of the US, the US isn't that great of a nation, they have been on the decline for a while now and it is rather foolish to believe that China's government philosophy will reign over that of the US because the US government policy doesn't reign over Italy, Holland or most other developed(read economically independent/powerfull) nations.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    although oddly enough the difference between the US standing army and China's standing army is not as large as you might expect (although it's still pretty big)

I'm sure it's not, but with the US preoccupied in the Middle East, it looks a lot worse for the US...unless they did a complete withdrawal and instituted a draft...which the US probably would if the US actually did go to war with China. Anyway, I don't see China and US going to war any time soon.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    do you guys seriously think the US is gonna ljust let china control our future like this....think about it
    all the empire in the past that was taken over was conquered an they didnt prepare properly ....
    do you seriously think the US wont prepare properly
    we are already allied with alot of the countries that sorround china....once we truly get india in our pocket then we will have someone that can throw equal manpower at china and match them man for man.....then we have japan that is just waiting to jump along with austrailia, mongolia, vietnam, and a few others....all of that on top of the US military and china will say...."please dont cut off my eggroll....you owe us no money,,,just dont cut off my eggroll"
    then we will say they are painting everything with lead paint and killin babies and their goes their economy.....

so there you have it

Yeah, this is all very true. China is not exactly loved by its Asian neighbors. Japan, India, and I bet South Korea would join the USA rather than fight with China. China is seen as a threat in much of Asia, while the USA is still seen in mostly favorable terms in the region.

In a fight, China would go 12 rounds, and America would get a KO in that round with lots of nuclear weapons. The American airforce is the best in the world, ask Japan.

Your sig is also really funny.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Try to look at the world from a non american perspective, the US as a dominant power after the second world war has brought the world far more bad than good, US foreign policy has been the defintion of a total disregard for human rights.
    whatever your disagreement with US foreign policy, it pays human rights much more regard than Chinese foreign policy. or, to go to the earlier dominant power, than that of the USSR
    oliverlang wrote: »
    Anyway, I don't see China and US going to war any time soon.
    well, this is true
    China is not exactly loved by its Asian neighbors. Japan, India, and I bet South Korea would join the USA rather than fight with China. China is seen as a threat in much of Asia, while the USA is still seen in mostly favorable terms in the region.
    you should add Vietnam, if no one else, to that list as well
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Besides people always fail to mention that Europa has the biggest economy,

Attempt no landings there, though.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yo slick one and janklow,

I know I might come of as a hater but you guys are fooling yourselves if u are going to ignore the given that the US bombed significant parts of the world(from Laos to Iraq) it has consistantly waged war, supported separists groups/militias/rebellions etc(in total about 30 to 50 wars), is the biggest arms dealer in the world by far(and has sold weaponry to the previous mentioned groups)

Saying that well 'it isn't as bad as China's foriegn policy or that of the USSR is not only straight up ? you are also totally missing the point of how ? bad the things the US has done and is doing currently are. I mean go tell a dude in Laos that the US isn't as bad as the USSR or go to Iraq and say the US isn't as bad as the USSR....why does it even matter that the US hasn't dropped another nuke? they did drop zillions of clusterbombs, they have ruthlessly invaded a nation with allmost 30 million people recently, doesn't that count as bad anymore? does that not mean you do not respect human rights heyslick?

Face it, US foreign policy has never had any respect for human rights. Not if you lived in Laos, not in Somalia....you want me to name all the regions of the earth were the US has dropped bombed on residential areas causing civilian deaths? Seriously? maybe they don't really highlight the effects and truths regarding the US policy in the US(school/media) but facts are facts.....

and guess what: didn't Obama just announced there will be attacks on 'rebellion groups' etc (LAR) in 'central africa' (on a group that operates in congo/sudan etc) Do you ? even realize that they are using REAL bombs and real bullets and that the colletaral damage are actual human beings? this is not call of duty but real life...the US track record speaks for itself, if you gonna say that well the sovjets were worse or the chinese are worse than you really have no clue or any respect for human rights in general.