Is Kanye West a Bigger and Better Star/Artist Than Jay-Z ?

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Face Off Forum
i think he is, kanye isnt afraid to take risks where as jay-z is confined to a certain image and keeping it the same

speak on it...

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    in the eyes of the white media yes

in terms of hip hop no

i think kanye will eventually surpass jayz in evey way shape or form in the mainstream because his music is more than hip hop, its pop music

however to the real hip hop fans jay is better than kanye and always will be

just like to most real hip hop fans feel pac is better than jay

however dont be surprised when white people start saying kanye is the greatest or 2nd greatest behind em
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yes. even ptown agrees
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    now-a-days he is. jay dropped a mediocre album, and it was considered mediocre. kanye dropped a mediocre album, and its been call a perfect album by damn near every and any media outlet.
  • birdcall89
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol but the jigga warriors are gonna declare a jihad against you now.
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options

in terms of hip hop no

i think kanye will eventually surpass jayz in evey way shape or form in the mainstream because his music is more than hip hop, its pop music

however dont be surprised when white people start saying kanye is the greatest or 2nd greatest behind em

i think they'd crown lil wayne that before yeezy, but i think kanye has already past up jay-z as a whole artist
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    WHAT thesynthesis SAID
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

in terms of hip hop no

This is the dumbest ? I've ever read.I dont like Coonye and i don't like ? Z but the fact is Kangay is a better artist than him.I dont know where you ? get this hip pop ? from but the 808 and his latest albums have been more r&b than pop.Now the ? will never be a better rapper than Jay but he's a far better artist.Oh yeah ? Coonye ? Z and Nas
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ye isnt hard enough to ever be considered a GOAT by the hip hop community, no matter what he does, Jigga still gonna be seen as more of a hip hop dude.

Hes past that though at this point...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol @ MBDTF being "mediocre"
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    This is the dumbest ? I've ever read.I dont like Coonye and i don't like ? Z but the fact is Kangay is a better artist than him.I dont know where you ? get this hip pop ? from but the 808 and his latest albums have been more r&b than pop.Now the ? will never be a better rapper than Jay but he's a far better artist.Oh yeah ? Coonye ? Z and Nas

lmfao you a fool brah
  • Kame
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »

Im getting mixed messages here...
  • birdcall89
    edited November 2010
    Options

in terms of hip hop no

most of the white people i know already think weezy is the greatest and kanye is second.
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ye isnt hard enough to ever be considered a GOAT by the hip hop community, no matter what he does, Jigga still gonna be seen as more of a hip hop dude.

Hes past that though at this point...

what you mean like as far as street cred ?

kanye go hard ha
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    most of the white people i know already think weezy is the greatest and kanye is second.

Wayne IS the best
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bigger? Yes.
    Better? No.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    right now yes.
  • Kame
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    what you mean like as far as street cred ?

kanye go hard ha

I think Ye's dope. But after all the ? hes done in public thats "un-hiphop", all the people calling him ? and ? , the ? that happens after the music, hip hop elitists probably wont see him as a "solely" hip hop start like jigga. That's just what I think anyways, imo he is bigger than jigga based off music.
  • birdcall89
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wayne IS the best

lol i should have said most of the white people i know already know weezy is the greatest and think kanye is second.
  • lookdude
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i think white people are scared of kanye cuz he dont give a ? but they still cant get enought of him (MTV) sorta like pac
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jay fell the ? off. But I would say he's still a bigger star just because he's married to Beyonce and has half a billion dollars.

Musically, Kanye is unquestionably better.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He is a bigger and better artist than Jay Z at this point. At no point in his career did Jay Z have the acclaim and worldwide popularity that Kanye has and has had since Late Registration.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is he a better artist? Yes. As in he brings more to the table than just rap. Kanye is a better artist than most of the rap game. Bigger star? No. Kanye has not made it to the point where everything he touches turns to gold like Jay. And the one thing Jay will always have over Kanye is his lyricism. We all know Kanye is not that great on the mic, but the other things he incorporates into his music kind of helps shy away from it, but not enough to where you don't notice. In the end Kanye won't be a bigger star than Jay, but Jay won't be a biger star than Kanye. When its all said and done, they will be acknowledged for their individuals accomplishments and controversies, nd then history will have their accomplishments meet and they will look like a GREAT 1-2 punch in Hip-Hop.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? to the naw in 5 to 10 years maybee, more like 5
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Is he a better artist? Yes. As in he brings more to the table than just rap. Kanye is a better artist than most of the rap game. Bigger star? No. Kanye has not made it to the point where everything he touches turns to gold like Jay. And the one thing Jay will always have over Kanye is his lyricism. We all know Kanye is not that great on the mic, but the other things he incorporates into his music kind of helps shy away from it, but not enough to where you don't notice. In the end Kanye won't be a bigger star than Jay, but Jay won't be a biger star than Kanye. When its all said and done, they will be acknowledged for their individuals accomplishments and controversies, nd then history will have their accomplishments meet and they will look like a GREAT 1-2 punch in Hip-Hop.

yeah tru that i was bout to say the same thing... yeah man kanye is a hell of a artist though.. jigga got him lyrically... they both great though i mean jigga got the edge cuz he richer.....lol j/p
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Kanye is definitely a bigger star than Jay Z. Kanye's been on songs with Madonna as a featured rapper when she rarely collaborates w/ rappers. If I'm not mistaken, Kanye was the only rapper invited to perform at the 10th Anniversary tribute to Princess Diana. None of Jay's albums released since Kanye debuted have out performed Kanye's. Kanye has more #1 hits than Jay Z.