OK... WTF Is Going On With THE LOST TAPES VOL. 2???...

Options
rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Essence
I smell a rat.

Def Jam are on their ? again and want to blackball a brother. This is the same ? they did with the N.I.G.G.E.R album, now this.

I'm very sure there's some heat on that album that is unsettling some suits on that label.

Here's his official website. There isn't anything indicating it will be released anytime soon. It was initially announced it would drop Dec 14, 2010.

I don't know about y'all but I NEED THAT ? ... the STREETS need that ?

Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The powers that be are trying keep the masses from hearing classics with intelligent rap patterns substance in abundance Nas is a legend what shall happen is destined guess they dont know who they f*ckin wit.......Lost tapes 2 lets go!
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The powers that be are trying keep the masses from hearing classics with intelligent rap patterns substance in abundance Nas is a legend what shall happen is destined guess they dont know who they f*ckin wit.......Lost tapes 2 lets go!

Yes sir! I like the spirit...
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nas should be independant is he still on Def Jam?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nas should be independant is he still on Def Jam?

Yes..... and aint that some ? . I feel like he only signed to Def Jam cause Jay brought him there and now Jay isnt there, no new Nas material.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    Yes..... and aint that some ? . I feel like he only signed to Def Jam cause Jay brought him there and now Jay isnt there, no new Nas material.

I saw the open letter from Nas to Def Jam, explaining the situation, he ended the letter with, "Let's get money". But you sense that he's worried about the situation and being the type of man that he is, outspoken in many ways, I think he'll blow the lid before the New Year comes if they don't get him a release date.
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If Lupe can get his ? released, why can't this nigg?

His real fans need to speak out... real talk
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    If Lupe can get his ? released, why can't this nigg?

His real fans need to speak out... real talk

Lupe had a speech to make before he got his released though... maybe Nas needs to speak out himself.
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Lupe had a speech to make before he got his released though... maybe Nas needs to speak out himself.

LOL... what can this guy do? He's held a protest outside Fox News HQ. He's just playing cool with this one, even laughing at the whole thing
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This wack ? needs to stay lost
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    This wack ? needs to stay lost

Yo, T-Mac... first time on this forum right?
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL... what can this guy do? He's held a protest outside Fox News HQ. He's just playing cool with this one, even laughing at the whole thing

lol that was funny news. Nas got them cheques to pay, he's going to want this put out... unless he invests his money well, somewhere...
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol that was funny news. Nas got them cheques to pay, he's going to want this put out... unless he invests his money well, somewhere...

He always wins with these 'suits' at the end... He still left N.I.G.G.E.R untitled
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yo, T-Mac... first time on this forum right?

yea........
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    yea........

So you're officially a Nas groupie then?
  • illusionz
    illusionz Members Posts: 19
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't know why Nassir is soooooooo laid back like that *ish bothers me yo!WTH he was in the game way before all these young cats & its almost like his legacy is dying,ppl 4get him when even compiling Hip Hop lists.After his open letter situation to Def Jam we can only sit back as usual nd wait SMH.Meanwhile def jam's putting out there garbage singles/albums *Ye shrug*
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    illusionz wrote: »
    I don't know why Nassir is soooooooo laid back like that *ish bothers me yo!WTH he was in the game way before all these young cats & its almost like his legacy is dying,ppl 4get him when even compiling Hip Hop lists.After his open letter situation to Def Jam we can only sit back as usual nd wait SMH.Meanwhile def jam's putting out there garbage singles/albums *Ye shrug*

This is all true, but Nas, seriously, Forgotten on lists of great emcees? I can't see that... Distant Relatives on the net was especially well received.
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LT2 will eventually get released... I think he has one more studio album on his contract with Def Jam

after that, it'd be advisable for him to go indie... at his age now and for the kind of music he makes currently
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LT2 will eventually get released... I think he has one more studio album on his contract with Def Jam

after that, it'd be advisable for him to go indie... at his age now and for the kind of music he makes currently

As long as he gets the distribution, I can't see him doing any differently than he is now (on an indie). What would be really great would be if he led the new school forwards....

A really dope, yet highly unlikely album would be to get him on an album with Blu, Fashawn, Jay Electronica and a bunch of others. He isn't exactly past his sell by date though, by any means. But before he bows out, he should do something that represents passing the torch to the emcees of the new school.
  • nyq_guru
    nyq_guru Members Posts: 138
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I co-sign this powerful thread...I NEED this ish.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    nyq_guru wrote: »
    I co-sign this powerful thread...I NEED this ish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As long as he gets the distribution, I can't see him doing any differently than he is now (on an indie). What would be really great would be if he led the new school forwards....

A really dope, yet highly unlikely album would be to get him on an album with Blu, Fashawn, Jay Electronica and a bunch of others. He isn't exactly past his sell by date though, by any means. But before he bows out, he should do something that represents passing the torch to the emcees of the new school.

Its all good...

He's said he his next album is gonna be the MOST important of his career... he's capable of it, but right now with the way DEF JAM are blackballing, I think his interests would be better served on an indie label
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Its all good...

He's said he his next album is gonna be the MOST important of his career... he's capable of it, but right now with the way DEF JAM are blackballing, I think his interests would be better served on an indie label

Agreed, Nas would be like Madlib on my label, 12 releases a year if he wanted... ha
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Agreed, Nas would be like Madlib on my label, 12 releases a year if he wanted... ha

You're DAMN RIGHT
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options

Devil post, funk Kelis! lol @ her giving a whole track to Nas though. This off one of her albums?