Options

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im trying to get sone variety in my routine

right now it's just bikram yoga and jogging

anyone have experiences with those excerise ? ? Did you like them? What about weight training?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Get'em Girls!!
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oh and anyone have yoga for wii??? How does it compare to an actual yoga class? I wouldn't mind the convience
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ohh...thx for all the responses folks!

Haute- I have yoga for Wii and it is just as good as the real deal. I don't LIKE yoga too much, cause im not very flexible. But when I've done it on the Wii I felt so good afterwards...and all stretched out and what not. U should try it.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »

anyone have experiences with those excerise ? ? Did you like them? What about weight training?

do you mean the small weighted ? or the giant ? ?
    crunches are definitely more effective for me on the giant ? .
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited February 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »

Is this the class that's in a hot room to make you sweat and get loose?
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CASH RULES wrote: »
    is this dude serious? lmao.

you wanna burn fat? eat healthy and try to do some kind of exercise every day. point blizzy! no need for all that other ? mayne. don't let these people fool you into thinking it's some complex ass sit.

"So WHILE you're hitting your cardio sets, you've "activated" your abdominal area for fat destruction!"

lol @ that tho.

^
    What he said, admittedly I didn't feel like reading all the posts before, but if your tryna lose weight you cardio, cardio, cardio.

This: "So WHILE you're hitting your cardio sets, you've "activated" your abdominal area for fat destruction[/B]!" is questionable.

Spot reduction is a myth. Meaning you can't exercise one part of your body to lose fat in that area. When you exercise you're buring fat from all over, done enough times you'll start to see progress in your problem area.
    This is where those who are tryna keep a certain shape need weights man or woman. Wieghts give form to your body, cardio shrinks you down. So if you wanna have an hourglass figure, and are doing hella cardio with no weights, you won't get that figure. And for women generally speaking it's hard for you all to put on muscle mass like a man would, you would have to be taking testosterone and/or going heavy on the weights everyday to look like me. Generally though you will notice that you are alot tighter, butt and thighs will be more firm, there's certain chest exercises you can do to firm and lift the ? , weights do a mountain of good. So don't write them off as manly, or only for men.

As far as supplements, I don't know why a woman would need any supplements (as they relate to fitness) unless you are tryna gain mass. Which from what I can tell, is not what the women here want, so supplement wisely if at all.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    I don't think coffee is as bad as soda when it comes to bloating your tummy. But coffee will help weight creep up on you because of the stuff you add to it. Overall though, I don't think it's nearly as bad as soda....but ditch it all hunny and get you some water and green tea!!

Hmm... I used to drink tons of water, to the point I got water poisoning once and now I probably don't drink enough. But the green tea thing is going to take some work. And I got the CLA kimi! I haven't noticed anything yet but it's only been like a week.
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is this the same for coffee? I am a coffee addict and I've tried to quit drinking it all together and switch to tea because I hear tea flushes fat and coffee makes you store it....? I think coffee with the creamers and splenda/ sugar is easily making me retain like 7-10 lbs. Is it as bad as soda?!

if you can drink coffee black (yuck) than it can be just as good for you as tea. both are diuretics and function about the same... the problem with coffee is the added sugars and cremes
  • ccluvsau
    ccluvsau Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have that damn Jillian Michael's DVD.

? tryna ? ppl.

Anyhow, I'm gonna join a gym.
    I prefer an actual workout environment than home.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if you can drink coffee black (yuck) than it can be just as good for you as tea. both are diuretics and function about the same... the problem with coffee is the added sugars and cremes

LOL Exactly- that's my problem.

ccluvsau wrote: »

? tryna ? ppl.

Oh you have this?! I've wondered about Jillian Michaels, I thought about joining her online program for 2 seconds and then the thought passed.... but does the dvd get results though?
  • Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

? tryna ? ppl.

lol. yea, she do.
  • ccluvsau
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred.

I almost died doing Level 1.

IMO....its for ppl already in shape...but wanna to really tone up and take it to the next level.
  • ccluvsau
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I love her DVD's!!! I skipped the first few levels, but for a begginer they are really effective!! Just keep at it!!

? that!
    That ? is nuts...and kinda mean. :(
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    She's getting sued for false advertising for her diet pills.

I fell off over the weekend big time.......
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cant even knock her hustle right now. matter of fact im about to open another window and look for some torrents

[IMG]http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/buffie-body-? -e1266855182663.jpg?w=450&h=495[/IMG]
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A fitness challenge would be awesome but there are so few females here that it wouldn't thrive:( I'm also trying to loose weight, I'm happy with my body overall (clearly:p) and I love my ass, and breast. I want to slim down my waist and thighs. I can motivate you and you can motivate me!! How much are you trying to loose? I want to drop around 10-15 pounds. I'm 165 now and I'm 5'7, I want to get down to 150.

I was steady btwn140-145 and now I'm 150 and wanna jump off a building. I'm 5'7 as well, need to get to 135. I'm tryna get rid of my stomach, thighs, ass, and ? . lol I want some to stay of course, but I need to get toned up. and these ? just need to get the ? outta here cause they are ? me off.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred.

I almost died doing Level 1.

IMO....its for ppl already in shape...but wanna to really tone up and take it to the next level.

GUUUUURRRRLLLL! That's the one I "Attempt" to do all the time! I still haven't gotten through the whole damn level 1 yet. She damn sure is tryna ? us :( But I went on so many forums where ppl have used it and lost a bunch of weight. Then they are like....way bigger than me too. It makes me feel some sort of way about it too cause im like damn if she was 215 pounds doin this ? how come i cant do more than 15 minutes? lmao

I would definitely love to have a shred challenge. It seems like that program is just designed to get that weight off of everyone.

Kimi is on some advanced ? tho! LOL I'm the worst when it comes to exercise....I DO it but Im definitely not in shape lol it takes me at least 3 weeks to be able to do things without needing breaks in btwn and what not
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cant even knock her hustle right now. matter of fact im about to open another window and look for some torrents

[IMG]http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/buffie-body-? -e1266855182663.jpg?w=450&h=495[/IMG]

lemme know if you find one! and send it over lmao
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, we have 2 different frames tho lol 150 on me is not cute at all.........I'm usually slim and trim. ok i USED to be lmao for the past few yrs i been average build.

My ? are just tooooo damn big. I'm tired of them. They won't leave but I just want them to be smaller lol
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yea.....push ups are sooo hard tho! My trainer makes me do them in a line cris-crossing some sort of way through this damn rope ladder thing he lays on the ground. its annoying. And yea my ? are big and perky. They look great actually but I want them to be a big C instead of a D. And yea...my body right now is awesome to men smh cause they like all that curvy ? and i swear i have no idea when i got a ? . but im just tryna get back to basics lol....
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Alright...I'm going a low-carb diet for the month of March and going to the gym 3 days a week, walk or jog on saturdays.

anyone know a good workout that I can do in an hour at the gym that includes cardio/abs/weights??
  • The Steve Boogie
    The Steve Boogie Members Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    Options
    low carb is brutal i lost 124 ? pounds by eliminating saturated fat (cut it to at least half of the daily recommended value) and SUGARS. And a ton of fiber, look for fibrous EVERYTHING. obviously it takes more than that to lose 124 pounds but as far as the diet is concerned eat a ton of leafy ? , don't eat as much fruit as you think you might need because it's got lots of sugars in it. on my cheat days i would eat like total garbage, most people say 'yeah eat whatever but use portion control' - i said ? that and would eat like a half a pizza for lunch and the other half for dinner and it shocks your metabolism.

also if you insist on eating fast food, eat it right after you lift weights (you'll feel like ? but your metabolism will be so high that you will basically keep the protein and quickly 'pass' the garbage). confuse your body in this way.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That low carb stuff is going to drain you....... Try doing eliptical or the stair stepper for 30 minutes, then do about 15 minutes of abs, and spend another 15 working on whatever else varying from arms, to legs etc......
    That's my daily routine, I don't like to spend more than an hour in the gym.

You maintain your figure with 30 min of cardio?! Damn, everytime I'm at the gym I'm doing like an hour of cardio and sometimes I'll work on my arms. I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but lose inches. I think my body is at its natural weight which is making it difficult to break my plateau because I'm not losing a freaking thing.
    Maybe I'll try this- less cardio and more abs/ weight training
  • The Steve Boogie
    The Steve Boogie Members Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You maintain your figure with 30 min of cardio?! Damn, everytime I'm at the gym I'm doing like an hour of cardio and sometimes I'll work on my arms. I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but lose inches. I think my body is at its natural weight which is making it difficult to break my plateau because I'm not losing a freaking thing.
    Maybe I'll try this- less cardio and more abs/ weight training

*needs the original size version of your av*

kthxbi