RT the black album> reasonable doubt

Options
goodfella2050
goodfella2050 Members Posts: 236
edited November 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Am I the only one who feels this way? Much better beats, his flow is much nicer on TBA his songs actually have structure and mean something. No wack ass joints like ain't no ? . And I could even make the case that TBA is jay at his lyrical best. The production on this cd is at another level(he sampled gladiator ffs). Joints like moment of clarity, psa, encore, 99 problems, what more can I say, dec 4, my first song, threats r all jay at his best.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

While im at it, rb is one of the most overated CDs of all time and I'm a huge jay fan

Comments

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hm...nah, RD by a bit. black album is probably his second best album to me though...? is near perfect minus one or two meh tracks
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cosign, RD is Jay at his rawest spitting lyrics but i feel around BP2 and Black Album is where Jay was at his peak song writing wise and flow wise.
  • goodfella2050
    goodfella2050 Members Posts: 236
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    hm...nah, RD by a bit. black album is probably his second best album to me though...? is near perfect minus one or two meh tracks

What 2 meh tracks? TBA is the only jay album with no skips, even change clothes can go hard in the whip
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    RD better to me, but the Black Album definitely second on my list
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one who feels this way? Much better beats, his flow is much nicer on TBA his songs actually have structure and mean something. No wack ass joints like ain't no ? . And I could even make the case that TBA is jay at his lyrical best. The production on this cd is at another level(he sampled gladiator ffs). Joints like moment of clarity, psa, encore, 99 problems, what more can I say, dec 4, my first song, threats r all jay at his best.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

While im at it, rb is one of the most overated CDs of all time and I'm a huge jay fan

Ur trippin..........on some serious ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I ? more with the black album but idk rd maybe by a bit
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I disagree, though I suppose it comes down to personal preference. But regardless, there's nothing wrong with "Ain't No ? ".
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Black Album is classic to me, cause of the moment that was around that ? . I can still remember when "Encore" came out like it was yesterday. "PSA" will always be a banger. "December 4th", "Justify My Thug", "Dirt Off Ya Shoulder", etc., it was a big album. But, musically, I actually like American Gangster better than any of his other albums. *shrug*
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lyrically RD is still his best. Songwriting wise, Id say Black album is his best before Blueprint
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TBA is weak....lol @ it not having any skippable tracks....

what world do you live on, fam?

No album after Reasonable Doubt can top it. FACT
  • kingofdetroit
    kingofdetroit Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt is wayyyy better than TBA and The Blueprint is probably 2nd, but Vol. 2 & 3 were masterpieces in themselves. The Black album imo is around his 4th or 5th best album. Vol. 3 gets slept on sooo much, that was one of my faves. NYMP!!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with TS