Options
1235»

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    The haters will continue to hate while Rondo has another crazy post season and the Celtics take another trip to the finals.

what kills me is they say if rondo didnt play for the celtics his flaws would be exposed, for one yea his assists would go down but he would score 5+ more points a game, and rose right now is averaging four 3 pt shots a game and only hitting 32% of them, im a 100% sure rondo could at least do that maybe even better, im not trying to say hes a great shooter but neither is rose im just trying to figure out what makes rose so much greater than rondo, rondo got a 100 more assists and over 20 more steals than him this season, rose is scoring more but the bulls ? suck id much rather have rondo running my offense than rose, only thing he got on him is free throws which is pretty pathetic on rondos part and the highlight reel thats about it, i think the same dudes saying rose is better than rondo are the same ones saying the heat had it locked for the next 5 years lol
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what kills me is they say if rondo didnt play for the celtics his flaws would be exposed, for one yea his assists would go down but he would score 5+ more points a game, and rose right now is averaging four 3 pt shots a game and only hitting 32% of them, im a 100% sure rondo could at least do that maybe even better, im not trying to say hes a great shooter but neither is rose im just trying to figure out what makes rose so much greater than rondo, rondo got a 100 more assists and over 20 more steals than him this season, rose is scoring more but the bulls ? suck id much rather have rondo running my offense than rose, only thing he got on him is free throws which is pretty pathetic on rondos part and the highlight reel thats about it, i think the same dudes saying rose is better than rondo are the same ones saying the heat had it locked for the next 5 years lol

WHOA

Whoa Im a person who supports rondo and thinks he is a top 2-3 Pg

Lol @ the bulls "? suck" Lets not put the cart before the horse kid ,I expect the C's to make the finals and I been sayin rondo is one of the Greats

I'd definitely take rondo over Westbrook.Rose is a better player but not better PG,and dont front like the C's arent way more talented than the bulls.Its a little more easier for rondo rose has to do everything or the bulls dont have a chance
  • its....JOHN B
    edited December 2010
    Options
    WHOA

Whoa Im a person who supports rondo and thinks he is a top 2-3 Pg

Lol @ the bulls "? suck" Lets not put the cart before the horse kid ,I expect the C's to make the finals and I been sayin rondo is one of the Greats

I'd definitely take rondo over Westbrook.Rose is a better player but not better PG,and dont front like the C's arent way more talented than the bulls.Its a little more easier for rondo rose has to do everything or the bulls dont have a chance

i mean i still got rose top 5,i should of said "right now" when i said they ? suck because they do suck right now but obviously ? just got back and with a new coach and new players the chemistry isnt there yet, but some of these dudes on here develop man crushes on players and then threads like this one are made i feel like i got to come in and provide facts because rondo isnt getting the props he deserves
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rondo is on pace to get 38,000 assist. Lol. Maybe not that many. Assist are damn near just as good ppg. If he can get a decent mid range jump shot he can be the next Jason Kidd. But I'm some what biased cuz of the college and the state Rondo is from. D-Will is the best pg in the league tho.
  • cityslicka
    cityslicka Members Posts: 177
    edited December 2010
    Options
    chris paul all day
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Stat wise he isn't better then those point guards but overall impact on their respective teams Rondo is that ? . Rondo makes the Celtics look so good, which is why people say it should be the Big 4 instead of just the big 3.

Rondo has taken that team to the next level and if the Celtics win a championship this year, it will be because of him. While those other point guards probably won't even see a finals game anytime soon.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Stat wise he isn't better then those point guards but overall impact on their respective teams Rondo is that ? . Rondo makes the Celtics look so good, which is why people say it should be the Big 4 instead of just the big 3.

Rondo has taken that team to the next level and if the Celtics win a championship this year, it will be because of him. While those other point guards probably won't even see a finals game anytime soon.

the Ring they won wasnt because of him
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

this is madness. sure, Celts got a better chance of gettin to the finals before any of the other PG's teams mentioned but to think the Celts go to the Finals only because of Rondo is just laughable. Yeah Im sure KG, PP and Ray Allen wont have ? to do with that.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is madness. sure, Celts got a better chance of gettin to the finals before any of the other PG's teams mentioned but to think the Celts go to the Finals only because of Rondo is just laughable. Yeah Im sure KG, PP and Ray Allen wont have ? to do with that.

Pretty sure he's saying Rondo will be the biggest reason....obviously if KG/Pierce/Ray Allen don't show up they're not making the finals.
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's saying Rondo will be the biggest reason....obviously if KG/Pierce/Ray Allen don't show up they're not making the finals.

the way I read it makes it seem like he is saying that they will make it just because of Rondo which I think is funny.
  • CMac
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I meant Rondo is a big factor in them going to the finals this year, no one person on the celtics is more important then the rest but all of them are needed for the C's to win which is why I said Big 4 meaning KG, Peirce, Allen and Rondo.

@ Shizlansky87: When they won that ring in 08 they had a different team, the Celtics back then aren't the Celtics now. I speaking presently in 2010. Rondo will be the big factor if they go back to the finals or not.
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I meant Rondo is a big factor in them going to the finals this year, no one person on the celtics is more important then the rest but all of them are needed for the C's to win which is why I said Big 4 meaning KG, Peirce, Allen and Rondo.

oh, 4 sho then. I thought u was makin it seem like Rondo gonna carry them to the Finals and win it for them.
  • CMac
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh, 4 sho then. I thought u was makin it seem like Rondo gonna carry them to the Finals and win it for them.

LOL naw son, but if Rondo develops a good jump shot then maybe, that's all he's lacking right now
  • its....JOHN B
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the Ring they won wasnt because of him

check phil jacksons interview after the finals was over