Keri Hilson gets crucified and Raheem DeVaughn gets praise?

nuri
nuri Members Posts: 457
edited December 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
I literally watched females toss Keri under the bus for her new video but then Raheem does basically the same exact ? and those same females look the other way? What's the difference?
SMH @ Raheem gettin a pass cause he ate the ? .
No consistency FTL.

Comments

• Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I guess these videos will make it to 106 & Park.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    still havent watched raheem's video so i have no comment yet. My personal beef with Keri in regard to this song is after releasing "pretty girl rock" a song that is (arguably) inspirational, positive, and I wouldn't mind if my pre-teen sings it, she goes and ? her ? in the air less than a week later and sings about being ? and the quality of her cooch.The contrast just didnt sit well with me. felt like she sold out

i'm gonna need these broads to go back and study up on their beyonce a little longer. idk what the difference is but her "sexy" just seems 75% classier
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    still havent watched raheem's video so i have no comment yet. My personal beef with Keri in regard to this song is after releasing "pretty girl rock" a song that is (arguably) inspirational, positive, and I wouldn't mind if my pre-teen sings it, she goes and ? her ? in the air less than a week later and sings about being ? and the quality of her cooch.The contrast just didnt sit well with me. felt like she sold out

i'm gonna need these broads to go back and study up on their beyonce a little longer. idk what the difference is but her "sexy" just seems 75% classier

LMAO @ the bolded

didn't Beyonce dance in a champagne glass in a video? SMH & LOL
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010

lol @ this entire post

stooooop with that hypocritical "She's supposed to be a role model for my kids ? ."
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Cuz Raheem is a better artist and makes better music and the video was more artistic.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lol @ this entire post

stooooop with that hypocritical "She's supposed to be a role model for my kids ? ."

straight up didnt beyonce make a song about dudes packages?? nhjic
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lol @ this entire post

never said she was supposed to be a role model for MY kids. i'm just wondering why she felt she needed to flip the script to sell records. her songs are generally positive and clean(er) than this. But whatev's..her failure is her own business
    aside from the raunchiness the video and song was corny on gp
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010

Oh for Godsake woman. You sound like a ? 70 year old.

ETA: I accidentally called you a woman. Thats uncharacteristic of me. I dont really know you all that well so the correct term was "? ." Just wanted to clarify.
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Oh for Godsake woman. You sound like a ? 70 year old.

ETA: I accidentally called you a woman. Thats uncharacteristic of me. I dont really know you all that well so the correct term was "? ." Just wanted to clarify.

Cold blooded...FATALITY!!!

Marie stop being so judgemental!!!
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Cuz Raheem is a better artist and makes better music and the video was more artistic.

you can be more artistic showing yourself giving full on backshots to somebody and doing all kinda 69's in a video? uhh Ok LOL SMH
  • buttuh_b
    edited November 2010
    jek wrote: »
    you can be more artistic showing yourself giving full on backshots to somebody and doing all kinda 69's in a video? uhh Ok LOL SMH

yeah because the way it was shot...... the lighting.. the angles... all that. It was just better. Lets be honest.
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    gibbsboy wrote: »
    Cold blooded...FATALITY!!!

Marie stop being so judgemental!!!

how am i being judgmental when I'm answering the question t/s asked wtf? lol get back to work!

you had it right the first time darc :tu

here nor there the video will ultimately float into obscurity like all the other keri hilson videos so..yeah.. nice try girly
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    The chick in the other video>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keri Hilson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited November 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    she tries too hard.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    damn Keri is sexy is ?

this is the 1st time I actually watched the video and WOW

I had to put the video on mute cause that wack ass music was distracting

but I think I just almost had an orgasm *checks pants*
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    how am i being judgmental when I'm answering the question t/s asked wtf? lol get back to work!

you had it right the first time darc :tu

here nor there the video will ultimately float into obscurity like all the other keri hilson videos so..yeah.. nice try girly
    ok...i havent seen the Raheem video yet...u know they block that at work :( But Keri Hilson..has a sexiness about her...
  • buttuh_b
    edited November 2010
    fiat_money wrote: »
    The chick in the other video>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keri Hilson

c/s

Keri way overrated and that ? is so cocky its not even funny. She think she the end all be all or some ? .
  • ar1134
    ar1134 Members Posts: 328
    edited November 2010

these are all a matter of opinion. a lot of people forget that keri is an accomplished songwriter and that takes real talent and ability.

but anyway- ? gotta stop holding entertainers responsible for being role models. this ? is ENTERTAINMENT. some entertainment isnt for children, some is. If your kids are walking around poppin ? or disrespecting women and YOU arent there to CORRECT THE BEHAVIOR, then its YOUR ? fault. not Interscope Records.

They are ENTERTAINERS- its for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. They got exactly what they wanted- they got you ? TALKIN ABOUT them.
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited November 2010
    neither one of those trash ass vids gets props from me... *shrugs*
  • jek
    edited November 2010
    yeah because the way it was shot...... the lighting.. the angles... all that. It was just better. Lets be honest.

So all Keri had to do was Pelvic thrust in a dimmer siloetted lights and it wouldnt be gettin slammed by everybody? It is kinda interesting that Rah getting props while Keri and Ciara's ride(which I think Keri personally was tryna outdo because of beef wit Cece) gets ? on
  • buttuh_b
    edited November 2010
    jek wrote: »
    So all Keri had to do was Pelvic thrust in a dimmer siloetted lights and it wouldnt be gettin slammed by everybody?

I'm sure a lot of the criticism is for the lyrics and the overall wackness of the song. Either way Raheem isn't as big of an artist as Keri and he's a dude so he can do what he wants. Its the way it goes.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    give me that lil ? JoJo
  • jek
    edited November 2010
    I think both are just tryna push an envelope that woulda eventually got pushed by the next time Trey Songs and Beyonce did a video. And I think both of them woulda got more props too since they popular
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    i see no prollem, no big deal..

? a beyonce...