WWE released kaval

Options
the1nonlyruru
the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
it was announced today that kaval has been released by WWE. if TNA knows whats good for them they will resign this guy and make him x-division champion. otherwise ROH will be good to him

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i didnt like him for wwe
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No more Power Ranger costume.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Shelton Benjamin put it plain and simple on his Twitter account, “I guess my question is would you rather see him as a jobber for Wwe or the Indy phenom that he had been”.

Truth be told, the WWE is toxic. If they did not create you, you don't stand a chance there. Many of these indy guys sign with hopes of making it big on the grand stage, but the issue is, these guys have wrestled styles that the WWE probably can't break or tweak to suit the "WWE style". Granted, there are a couple exceptions, like Bryan Danielson, but that's because he had a storyline coming into his debut with Michael Cole ? with him, and they had him feud with Jericho off the break. Kaval didn't stand a chance to get over. His style is indy, he's small, and he has no personality. He's a wrestler with an exciting arsenal of moves, but the WWE can't implant a personality into him, and they probably couldn't change his style to their liking.

It's best that he left, they wouldn't have done him any favors by jobbing him for the duration of his contract.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Shelton Benjamin put it plain and simple on his Twitter account, “I guess my question is would you rather see him as a jobber for Wwe or the Indy phenom that he had been”.

Truth be told, the WWE is toxic. If they did not create you, you don't stand a chance there. Many of these indy guys sign with hopes of making it big on the grand stage, but the issue is, these guys have wrestled styles that the WWE probably can't break or tweak to suit the "WWE style". Granted, there are a couple exceptions, like Bryan Danielson, but that's because he had a storyline coming into his debut with Michael Cole ? with him, and they had him feud with Jericho off the break. Kaval didn't stand a chance to get over. His style is indy, he's small, and he has no personality. He's a wrestler with an exciting arsenal of moves, but the WWE can't implant a personality into him, and they probably couldn't change his style to their liking.

It's best that he left, they wouldn't have done him any favors by jobbing him for the duration of his contract.

Co- sign. I knew he going to get released, but I didn't think it would be this soon though. But, he is better off. I also thought it was insulting for him to be on NXT anyway.
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2010
    Options
    told yall

former TNA talent cannot come to WWE and expect ANYTHING

stay where you are samoa joe
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    told yall

well minus cm punk, but ya ur right in general. ? wwe.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    well minus cm punk, but ya ur right in general. ? wwe.

but punk isnt really TNA though

he is more ROH and indies
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    told yall

I can actually see Samoa Joe making it in WWE. Seriously. He's big enough, and he's more interesting to listen to than most TNA cats.I even go so far as to say that I see WWE doing a better job with him than TNA is doing...They botched this mans ONE TNA world title reign so far to ? it's ridiculous......How in the hell they managed to ? that up for a guy so over is beyond me.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    but punk isnt really TNA though

he is more ROH and indies

Unfortunately you can argue that Kaval is more ROH and indies to even ? his impact on the early tnas is a 1000 tiems mor ethan punk.. speaking of impact on early TNA... see how TNA buried Amazing red for like two years now? As much of a TNA mark I am i can admit when TNA ? up their own talent, so maybe ROH is the best place for Kaval anyhow...
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Guess this means he won't be getting his PPV title match for winning NXT!
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    According to sources close to former WWE superstar Kaval, he was the one who asked to be released. He was not fired, as some readers originally assumed.

From what we’ve heard, Kaval was said to be “miserable” working the WWE schedule and did not see his career going anywhere. Company officials tried to talk him into staying, but were anable to do so.

Joey Styles wrote on Twitter, “If TNA doesn’t immediately sign Kaval (who won NXT based on wwe.com fans and wrestlers votes), I’ve no idea what they look for in wrestlers.” As was the case with the recent releases of Matt Hardy and MVP, top WWE officials are not worried about Kaval going to TNA – since stars like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson have done very little to help TNA’s ratings.

Kaval’s first post-WWE match has already been announced. He will be back wrestling as “Low Ki” when he wrestles former TNA X-Division champion The Amazing Red on January 28th for Impact Championship Wrestling in Queens, New York.

How could he been a credible challenger to any title if he's a loser?

All he's done since he came to Smackdown was lose. So when the writing team decides to get him that title shot, he'll all of a sudden starting winning, and getting over on upper talent to make his run at the title more credible? Geee, great plan that even Ray Charles could see with Stevie Wonder's vision.

If they truly intended for him to be a star, they already catapulted him with his win on NXT, for all that's worth, and then they should have started him with wins over lower level dudes on Smackdown, build him up some more, have him lose some tough battles to Dolph or Rey, then have him win a couple to finally have him say he wants his title shot. The "E" is full of ? , if you going to push the dude, push the dude.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ive never seen him wrestle or seen him on TV but he looks lame so i hope he doesnt come to TNA.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I can actually see Samoa Joe making it in WWE. Seriously. He's big enough, and he's more interesting to listen to than most TNA cats.I even go so far as to say that I see WWE doing a better job with him than TNA is doing...They botched this mans ONE TNA world title reign so far to ? it's ridiculous......How in the hell they managed to ? that up for a guy so over is beyond me.

Joe just resigned with TNA. But anyway kaval to me is better in R.O.H. than TNA. Vince does this to everybody he just continues to ? on other organizations and the talent from those organizations.
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    ive never seen him wrestle or seen him on TV but he looks lame so i hope he doesnt come to TNA.

YouTube some of his ROH, indy, and a couple of his TNA matches. He's got moves. He's nothing to write home about on the personality front and will probably never interview well, but he'll keep you interested with his mix of martial arts and wrestling ability. ? wrestles like a ninja, sneaking around the ring and kicking the ? out of you. His finisher is a beast.

He's better off on the NWA circuit and ROH. TNA won't know what to do with him, since they destroyed their X-Division, and simply can't book in general.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    smh @ wat they did to the x division...that was a key reason i became a fan of tna..
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    More On Kaval's Release, WWE's Approach To Wantaway Talent
    By Amish Patel
    Dec 24, 2010 - 1:52:34 PM

- The latest on Kaval's WWE release was that it was more his decision than WWE's.

Kaval wanted to be released from his contract because the company had no plans for him, as demonstrated by the way he was squashed on SmackDown this past week.

At this point, WWE is now more or less granting releases to whoever asks for them and not attempting to keep talent as much as they did last year. Last year, WWE didn't want people jumping to TNA, while right now they don't see them as serious competition.

lordsofpain
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    YouTube some of his ROH, indy, and a couple of his TNA matches. He's got moves. He's nothing to write home about on the personality front and will probably never interview well, but he'll keep you interested with his mix of martial arts and wrestling ability. ? wrestles like a ninja, sneaking around the ring and kicking the ? out of you. His finisher is a beast.

He's better off on the NWA circuit and ROH. TNA won't know what to do with him, since they destroyed their X-Division, and simply can't book in general.

That finisher was wack. A double-foot stomp from the top rope? Really?
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He really didn't impressed me. Shame he didn't get his title shot.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    That finisher was wack. A double-foot stomp from the top rope? Really?

? you whack anyways...
    /thread
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

He used it already when he challenged Dolph Ziggler for the I.C title
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And that just goes to show the wwe dosen't care about wrestling skills
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He used it already when he challenged Dolph Ziggler for the I.C title

And that's the ? up thing about "getting a title shot" on whichever show. The WWE won't put it into perspective which title shot someone will get. You can almost tell who will get which title shot by the buzz they are generating at that time when they win that title shot or it is specifically said which title the stipulation is for.

And when you have someone like Kaval, they gave him the Cryme Tyme treatment, where he won the contest, didn't get a buzz or push after winning the contest, and simply gave him a lower level title shot in which no one will remember, at least the WWE kept true to their word that they gave him a title shot. It's a loop hole to cover their ? for not pushing him to a higher level, but they did as they said they were going to do, gave him a title shot. No one remembers Cryme Tyme's title shot because when they won the chance, it was like 3-4 months later they got the match, and no one is going to remember Kaval getting his title match because A) no one even knows Dolph Ziggler is/was IC Champion and B) no one gave a ? about Kaval to even remember because they failed at his push.
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Typical they kept jobbing him out and had the announcer call him "lame"..smh...had him hurting his foot after a jump from the top rope making it "easy" jack swagger to apply ankle lock.....he was interesting to watch his style...and another one
  • FeleciaDavis
    FeleciaDavis Members Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Kaval, also known as Brandon Silvestry, was released from the recent request of the WWE and the WWE creative does not really have a lot of charcter Kaval.
    Kaval, who has many titles in other federations, including FCW champion Michael McGillicutty team just didn’t seem to be a right fit for the WWE.
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The WWE has an underhanded way of hurting the independents by signing guys for a couple years to redefine their skill set, only to ? on them on national/worldwide TV, and making them so unhappy that they want out or get released.

Taking the independents top stars for 2-3 years at a time and doing nothing with them is hurting them. It's like the WWE taking top TNA talent, changing their names and style, then making them a jobber. Those dudes go to the WWE by the lure of fame and more money, but they are doing themselves and the company that is trying to build them a disservice by signing with the WWE on their word. It has happened time and time again, and I just wonder why these kats don't see it.