Police Shoot Golf Club-Wielding Man Dead During a Raid on His Home. Footage Released.

Options

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Do you get off on being so damn blind?

Its like you dont even bother to think ? through.

You just say, "Cop right...cop always right...I iz good slave."

? shut the ? up and read everything before opening your ? mouth.

janklow wrote: »
    or possibly he was unaware of who exactly was in the house and rounded the corner with a golf club

it may be the case that these cops legitimately responded out of fear of seeing a gun ... but unfortunately, it is their job to properly verify what their target is and THEN decide to use deadly force. that's the dangerous part of being a police officer and the justification for them being decked out in body armor and toting automatic weapons.

Yea, because when someone rounds the corner holding something in the same position as an assualt rifle you really have time to stop and think whether or not it's a threat before firing on them.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yea, because when someone rounds the corner holding something in the same position as an assualt rifle you really have time to stop and think whether or not it's a threat before firing on them.

So he was wrong for grabbing a blunt object as his door was being busted down, but they're not wrong for shooting him cause he had a big scary golf club in his hand?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    So he was wrong for grabbing a blunt object as his door was being busted down, but they're not wrong for shooting him cause he had a big scary golf club in his hand?

If you're going into a situation where the offender is likely to have a gun on the premise you're already on edge. When someone rounds a corner holding an object in the position of a weapon you dont have time to piece ? together and make sure he doesn't have a gun, if it looks like hes ready to shoot you shoot the ? before he can shoot you. Like I said, if people want to ? about the police ? about cases like Shawn Bell, the little girl in Detroit, the dude in san fran with the knife. Not this ? ? .
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you're going into a situation where the offender is likely to have a gun on the premise you're already on edge. When someone rounds a corner holding an object in the position of a weapon you dont have time to piece ? together and make sure he doesn't have a gun, if it looks like hes ready to shoot you shoot the ? before he can shoot you. Like I said, if people want to ? about the police ? about cases like Shawn Bell, the little girl in Detroit, the dude in san fran with the knife. Not this ? ? .

But you still haven't answered my question. His home was being invaded, his door being busted down, and he had no way of knowing who it was because they did a no-knock. So was he wrong to grab a blunt object, yes or no?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But you still haven't answered my question. His home was being invaded, his door being busted down, and he had no way of knowing who it was because they did a no-knock. So was he wrong to grab a blunt object, yes or no?

Sure he could grab it. But I still dont think the police wrongfully shot him.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sure he could grab it. But I still dont think the police wrongfully shot him.

But then you're saying we shouldn't ? about the cops shooting people who are reacting appropriately to the situation they're in. That's a very disturbing mindset.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But then you're saying we shouldn't ? about the cops shooting people who are reacting appropriately to the situation they're in. That's a very disturbing mindset.

Sure whatever. It's reactionary, if they are threatened they shoot. If it's a case where they are able to make correct judgement or fail to follow protocol then it's a problem. If people are tired of it go buy a ? gun and have a shootout crying about the ? on a ? internet forum aint doin much,
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sure whatever. It's reactionary, if they are threatened they shoot. If it's a case where they are able to make correct judgement or fail to follow protocol then it's a problem. If people are tired of it go buy a ? gun and have a shootout crying about the ? on a ? internet forum aint doin much,

So now you're saying it's his fault cause he DIDN'T have a gun? This is just getting stranger.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So now you're saying it's his fault cause he DIDN'T have a gun? This is just getting stranger.

lol shutup
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? shut the ? up and read everything before opening your ? mouth.
    I've read enough of your posts to know your mindset. One more "a pig is always right" post by you isnt going to make your opinion any less moronic. You have the mind of a 80-year old redneck with confederate flags sticking out of the grass his front lawn who finds a way to rant about "Northern Aggression" in any conversation he's in. You lack complexity of thought and are therefore a child philosophically.

How are your opinions any different than a 5-year old's assessment of "cops?" If you ask a 5-year old if a cop is on his side or not he'll say, "of course they are. They're cops. They catch the bad guys."

If you ask a non-white adult they'll say, "Depends on the cop, crime and situation." <----This is what you lack. COMPLEXITY. You are SIMPLE.

Maybe you're not a house nigger so much as you're a child? or autistic individual unable to think in complex terms? A savant maybe that cant debate his way out off of a sidewalk but can solve a quadratic equation in his head? Whatever the case; You need to grow the ? up. Anybody that doesn't understand why a man getting shot for protecting himself and his home is criminal is incalculably stupid.

Let some black teens kick down somebody's door and shoot someone cuz, "we thought he was grabbing a gun and it was either him or me," you'd be calling for their lynching and would buy the ? rope yourself. But it's pig so you instinctivily put on your best pair of cop-uniform-blue ? heels on, put on some bright cherry lip stick and hit the e-streets and ? yourself out in their name.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oh ? , this ? 's white?

*leaves thread*

I was ready to write a titangraph too.

Is it fair? No. But pardon me if I don't give two ? .
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oh ? , this ? 's white?

*leaves thread*

I was ready to write a titangraph too.

Is it fair? No. But pardon me if I don't give two ? .
    I dont give two ? about his LIFE either.

But this is about whether it was OK for a pig to bust through a person's home and shoot them for protecting it. Without making sure that person knew BEFORE HAND that they were police officers serving a warrant.

And remember. If they do it to a ? . They for damn sure will do it to your black ass. That's why it's important. Not his life per se. But the events leading up to his life's end are what I care about.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I dont give two ? about his LIFE either.

But this is about whether it was OK for a pig to bust through a person's home and shoot them for protecting it. Without making sure that person knew BEFORE HAND that they were police officers serving a warrant.

And remember. If they do it to a ? . They for damn sure will do it to your black ass. That's why it's important. Not his life per se. But the events leading up to his life's end are what I care about.

C'mon this ? is in a white frat.. bangin white chicks.. he sleeps with the lights on just to be surrounded by the purity of white lights.. dont take Fabion TD Jakes jr. seriously on that
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    C'mon this ? is in a white frat.. bangin white chicks.. he sleeps with the lights on just to be surrounded by the purity of white lights.. dont take Fabion TD Jakes jr. seriously on that
    lol I thought Lorenzo was black.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This article is example of "bad tactics" can't overcome "bad strategy". Normally, the phrase is "good tactics", but in this case, they even did that part wrong.

He was killed by a Police SGT directly, but indirectly killed by drug prohibition.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

I don't understand how who I hang out with and who I ? determines how I view race relations in America.

Oh no, I get it. Because I'm in a white fraternity and I ? white chicks I'm naive. Gotcha. Perfect logic you ? ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't understand how who I hang out with and who I ? determines how I view race relations in America.

Oh no, I get it. Because I'm in a white fraternity and I ? white chicks I'm naive. Gotcha. Perfect logic you ? ? .

? are too easy ....I was ? with you take it down 1000 and take your insulin

U MAD?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    read this on a far-right website:

The lesson the cops want to send to the public at large is, "The timing and fact of your summary execution are completely at my discretion. So drop to the floor on your face and cower when I say 'Police!' when I kick your door in, and I might allow you to live."

The lesson bad guys (other than cops) get is, "Damn! This is too easy. All I have to do is kick a door in and scream 'Police! Search warrant!' and even the most innocent and well-armed home owner is going to drop his weapon, hit the floor, and involuntarily wet himself. Thanks for conditioning my victims for me, Mr. Trigger Happy Policeman."
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    read this on a far-right website:

The lesson the cops want to send to the public at large is, "The timing and fact of your summary execution are completely at my discretion. So drop to the floor on your face and cower when I say 'Police!' when I kick your door in, and I might allow you to live."

The lesson bad guys (other than cops) get is, "Damn! This is too easy. All I have to do is kick a door in and scream 'Police! Search warrant!' and even the most innocent and well-armed home owner is going to drop his weapon, hit the floor, and involuntarily wet himself. Thanks for conditioning my victims for me, Mr. Trigger Happy Policeman."
    The problem is.

had this been a black victim they'd all be saying, "that nigger shouldnt have been selling drugs! He had a criminal record! The cops have family's too!"

Just another example of why they're clearly our enemies. They can see the bigger picture....so long as a nigger isnt in the frame.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna say the same thing I say every time a black guy involved with drug dealing gets shot by the cops:

Good.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Did they know with absolute certainty in that split second the object he turned the corner pointing at them with was a golf club?

Did he know in the short time alloted him that the people breaking into his home at night were police ? Does shouting "police" prove the intruders are police ?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately if you come whipping around a corner and startle a bunch of people with guns, ya might get shot.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lmao how you tell a ? to get on the ground after you shoot him.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    have you ever held an "assault rifle" before? you DON'T hold it in the same position as you hold a golf club.

but again: cops have a dangerous job. part of what makes it dangerous, however, is them ACTING RESPONSIBLY. if the resident had no idea it was the police --and if you can assume that he looked like a guy with a rifle, you should be able to assume he might not have realized who they were-- then of course he comes out ready to confront. that's why they're decked out in body armor: on the off-chance that their appropriate use of force exposes them to danger.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    have you ever held an "assault rifle" before? you DON'T hold it in the same position as you hold a golf club.

but again: cops have a dangerous job. part of what makes it dangerous, however, is them ACTING RESPONSIBLY. if the resident had no idea it was the police --and if you can assume that he looked like a guy with a rifle, you should be able to assume he might not have realized who they were-- then of course he comes out ready to confront. that's why they're decked out in body armor: on the off-chance that their appropriate use of force exposes them to danger.

He was holding the golf club in the same position as an assault rifle... where did you mis-read what I said at? He didn't come out holding a golf club like a golf club, he turned the corner with it pretending it was a gun.