Burial/Resurrection/Ascension of Jesus.

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
After Jesus had passed, he was taken down from the cross to be prepared for the tomb. There is so much controversy surrounding this though, like, what tomb was he placed in? He died the evening of a Friday, the preparation of a body to be properly wrapped up and placed took a few hours to complete. The problem that lies here is that there wasn't enough time to give Jesus a proper burial at all, they feared if they tried to they would work into the Sabbath which of course is forbidden. Theory has it was he was just tied up; jaw/head, hands, legs and feet. Then placed in a temporary tomb near the cross, which was right outside the city.
Luke 24: 12 Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

When Peter arrives, he only finds STRIPS of linen. (used to tie him up after death) So we see there is no shroud or whole body wrapping around Jesus, still an incomplete burial. (this verse should put the Shroud of Turin to rest, why hasn't it? LOL)

The following day after the Sabbath, which is Sunday, is when Mary M. and others came to the tomb. They came to now 'properly' anoint/clean Jesus' body.
Luke 24: 1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.

This again, suggests he wasn't properly buried due to the Sabbath being so close within the time frame of doing all this. Also, the tomb he was placed it is very hard to pin point. It's hard to say if he had a 'family tomb' (traditional) or not. Because he wasn't properly cleansed and prepared, he wasn't placed in the family tomb (would've been shameful to the tomb).

Now, when Mary and the others come to the tomb, they find Jesus' body isn't there anymore.
Luke 24 :2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

We are supposed to believe Jesus resurrected from the dead, correct? Where is his body? What purpose does this body of man/flesh have rising and being gone? Wouldn't it/shouldn't it be more of a spiritual rising and not a literal body rising? Can actual man/flesh be in heaven? (or wherever he went)

There's theories to this, that his disciples came at night and took him away to 'properly prepare' him to be laid to rest. But this couldn't be true, because the disciples are told about this and do not admit to any 'fishy tactics". Another is, the Romans just came and took his body and tossed it. BUT then we have "angels" who are have said to be there and explain the "phenomena" to the woman, who tell Jesus' disciples. Then later they "see" Jesus.

Why did Jesus rise in the actual body? His actual flesh, bones etc? Why wasn't it just a spiritual resurrection? I mean, Jesus could've came and shown up in the spirit right? He did so after wards. But it wasn't the Spirit of Jesus or a "ghost" either.
Luke 24: 37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.
38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?
39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

So what is Jesus here? He states he is actual, he is actual flesh and bone. A "ghost" doesn't have this, does a spirit? No, a spirit doesn't either. What does this exactly mean? What was the resurrection? Did ? give back life to Jesus, Jesus now rose back in the flesh and bone to talk to his disciples? Was this the resurrection? I was always under the impression he died, came back to life "SPIRITUALLY" then appeared and what not.
Luke 24: 50 When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

Jesus is now taken up, into heaven. He isn't a ghost or a spirit, but actual flesh and bone. Can actual flesh and bone be taken up into heaven? What does this mean for a spirit? Why doesn't Jesus have one, or if he does, why wasn't he a spirit?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Good thread that I will Israelites answer...

or this guy

GiorgioNatGeo.jpg

I bet he says aliens though
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Makes perfect sense when you realize it's a myth.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    After Jesus had passed, he was taken down from the cross to be prepared for the tomb. There is so much controversy surrounding this though, like, what tomb was he placed in? He died the evening of a Friday, the preparation of a body to be properly wrapped up and placed took a few hours to complete. The problem that lies here is that there wasn't enough time to give Jesus a proper burial at all, they feared if they tried to they would work into the Sabbath which of course is forbidden. Theory has it was he was just tied up; jaw/head, hands, legs and feet. Then placed in a temporary tomb near the cross, which was right outside the city.
    he didn't die on a Friday evening
    a 'special sabbath'(friday) preceeded the actual 'sabbath' (saturday....7th day) of that week and most overlook this detail. That means there were actually two sabbath days in a row that week before Jesus rose again.
    I'll let Israelites expand more on this tho. (i don't have too much time today)

Now, when Mary and the others come to the tomb, they find Jesus' body isn't there anymore.

We are supposed to believe Jesus resurrected from the dead, correct? Where is his body? What purpose does this body of man/flesh have rising and being gone? Wouldn't it/shouldn't it be more of a spiritual rising and not a literal body rising? Can actual man/flesh be in heaven? (or wherever he went)

The fact that no flesh can enter heaven doesn't rule out that Jesus physically rose from the dead which is clear. (if references are needed, will post)
    Why did Jesus rise in the actual body? His actual flesh, bones etc? Why wasn't it just a spiritual resurrection? I mean, Jesus could've came and shown up in the spirit right? He did so after wards. But it wasn't the Spirit of Jesus or a "ghost" either.
    Jesus being resurrected in the flesh is a fulfillment of prophecy. i don't see why there is an issue about that.

Jesus is now taken up, into heaven. He isn't a ghost or a spirit, but actual flesh and bone. Can actual flesh and bone be taken up into heaven? What does this mean for a spirit? Why doesn't Jesus have one, or if he does, why wasn't he a spirit?
    "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." (1 Corrinthians 15:52)
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense when you realize it's a myth.

Even though I say I "don't believe anymore" it's hard for me to swallow that one. (even to believe as well) I was raised Christian, so of course in the back of my mind I'm constantly saying "what if I'm wrong". This is why I constantly ask; 1. To be sure 2. out of curiosity.

I'm not running on this one (or any of my questions) with "it's a myth or lie". I would like explanations, whoever can offer them I'm open to them. I have another topic in mind after this runs for a bit, I hope it keeps going for at least 3 pages of legit answers and not ? . My next topic is probably a dead horse, but whatever.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Even though I say I "don't believe anymore" it's hard for me to swallow that one. (even to believe as well) I was raised Christian, so of course in the back of my mind I'm constantly saying "what if I'm wrong". This is why I constantly ask; 1. To be sure 2. out of curiosity.

I'm not running on this one (or any of my questions) with "it's a myth or lie". I would like explanations, whoever can offer them I'm open to them. I have another topic in mind after this runs for a bit, I hope it keeps going for at least 3 pages of legit answers and not ? . My next topic is probably a dead horse, but whatever.

Told you the "what if im wrong" ? will linger for a while. Mine stayed there for years after I denounced a divine Jesus and Christianity. Once I denounced "? " though it stopped. And by denouncing ? I mean personally I don't believe in one but I don't know.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    he didn't die on a Friday evening
    a 'special sabbath'(friday) preceeded the actual 'sabbath' (saturday....7th day) of that week and most overlook this detail. That means there were actually two sabbath days in a row that week before Jesus rose again.
    I'll let Israelites expand more on this tho. (i don't have too much time today)

The fact that no flesh can enter heaven doesn't rule out that Jesus physically rose from the dead which is clear. (if references are needed, will post)

Jesus being resurrected in the flesh is a fulfillment of prophecy. i don't see why there is an issue about that.

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." (1 Corrinthians 15:52)

1. Um, yes Isrealites will have to explain that one. I've never heard of two sabbaths or whatever. To me, that's a wtf moment I just had.

2/3. I know and understand it's a fulfilled prophecy, and I don't need PROOF in scripture. For some reason, I was always under the impression it was a spiritual rising. What was the PURPOSE of FLESH AND BONE to be risen? We know that flesh/bone cannot enter heaven, so how is it later Jesus was taken up alive, human into heaven? There isn't a sequence where he becomes spirit after that?

4. Unless it's flying over my head, what does that have to do with Jesus being taken up?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Told you the "what if im wrong" ? will linger for a while. Mine stayed there for years after I denounced a divine Jesus and Christianity. Once I denounced "? " though it stopped. And by denouncing ? I mean personally I don't believe in one but I don't know.

Glory to the Lord of grace and mercy that He hasn't denounced you yet.

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options

Exactly, that's how I feel. One day I'm like, "nah this and this don't add up for there to be a ? " then the next I'm like "Damn, I dunno now." then the next I'm like "? has to exist". I dunno man, this bible is one crazy story. It really isn't FULL of contradictions and if this was a fake made-up story, there should be. It's too much and too long to be a hoax. It was a real belief they had, and it stays for the most part consistent. There's many things I look at and say, "well, NO" about but I dunno, like you say, "I don't know". Hopefully I don't pass before the end times, so that I WILL know before hand.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Exactly, that's how I feel. One day I'm like, "nah this and this don't add up for there to be a ? " then the next I'm like "Damn, I dunno now." then the next I'm like "? has to exist". I dunno man, this bible is one crazy story. It really isn't FULL of contradictions and if this was a fake made-up story, there should be. It's too much and too long to be a hoax. It was a real belief they had, and it stays for the most part consistent. There's many things I look at and say, "well, NO" about but I dunno, like you say, "I don't know". Hopefully I don't pass before the end times, so that I WILL know before hand.

The Quran, The Torah, the Bhagavad Gita as far as I've seen also can explain their contradictions well and make you say well yea that's not what it means. All these religions have stayed consistent throughout time. Eventually Christianity and Islam will disappear and new ones will start again because they're widespread. The only religions that can withstand a very long time are those that remain in a small area or a small group of people. Mormonism is really growing and so is Scientology.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options

"And without faith it is impossible to please ? , because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Your playing a dangerous game, DANGEROUS my friend. Absolutely 100% deadly. Eternally. Literally. You will never KNOW before your number is called. The only way that you can ASSUREDLY KNOW that you are a child of ? is by reading the above passage of scripture and mediating on it's spiritual meaning. Faith is what saves. Faith alone in the risen Christ, who died on your behalf so that you wouldn't have to stand before Him as your judge. If you will not have Him as your Savior, you will have Him as your judge. The choice is yours. BEHOLD, today is the day of salvation. You might not be around in the next 10 years, let alone the next 2 minutes. Our life is like a vapor, here today and gone tommorrow. Don't play with your salvation my friend. Whats a couple of years on the earth compared to eternity? ? bless.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do U, i hope you are steaming it lol
  • b*braze
    edited December 2010
    Options

That's funny... I was raised Christian, and since I never experienced those deep spiritual moments Christians get, or never "felt ? 's presence in this place"(even tho I heard them say he was there often enough) I always went with the program but wondered in the back of my mind... "what if it was all ? , and was I raising my hands and babbling like a ? (speaking in tongues) wasting my sunday mornings literally for nothing.

But I do get the whole curiosity angle. I'd always wondered why ? would ignore me,when I tried so hard to be a good Christian... Over time that turned into wondering why everyone else was able to so successfully delude themselves and it never took with me. And there are some interesting/useful stories in the bible.

But on to the topic...

I meant that to say it makes sense in that a myth doesn't need to make perfect sense.

A person could sit here and pick I've all the intricacies and inconsistencies of the "force" but then you realize star wars was just a movie and the person who created likely never thought as deep into the details as you have because he was just telling a story.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do U, i hope you are steaming it lol

Cinderella '99.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's funny... I was raised Christian, and since I never experienced those deep spiritual moments Christians get, or never "felt ? 's presence in this place"(even tho I heard them say he was there often enough) I always went with the program but wondered in the back of my mind... "what if it was all ? , and was I raising my hands and babbling like a ? (speaking in tongues) wasting my sunday mornings literally for nothing.

But I do get the whole curiosity angle. I'd always wondered why ? would ignore me,when I tried so hard to be a good Christian... Over time that turned into wondering why everyone else was able to so successfully delude themselves and it never took with me.

But on to the topic...

I meant that to say it makes sense in that a myth doesn't need to make perfect sense.

A person could sit here and pick I've all the intricacies and inconsistencies of the "force" but then you realize star wars was just a movie and the person who created likely never thought as deep into the details as you have because he was just telling a story.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what ? has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

You have a ? shaped vacum thats waiting to be filled my brother. Your parents or whoever raised you, did as they were commanded to by the LORD. Their hands have been washed. No longer will they be held accountable for you. They did what they were suppose to do. Now that you have reached the age of accountability, the seeds that were planted in your childhood have led you to this day, time, and hour on allhiphop.com R&R forum, where once again you have another chance to receive Christ as your Savior. The ball is strictly in your court. Eternity has been placed in your heart and thus you know that there is a ? no matter how much you try to suppress the truth. NO MATTER HOW MUCH. You can lie and tell me excuse after excuse, but you just admitted it above that you question. That alone tells me that you know that there is a ? . So while you can deny, deny, deny, deny; when the day comes and ? forbid it does come for you, but when you stand before ? as an unrepentant sinner, you will be lost without hope. How tragic it will be for you for all ETERNITY to remember the great white throne judgment where you will see all your loved ones on the side of ? and you yourself thrust out into outer darkness, never to be remembered again. HOW AWFUL!

But hey, when you make your bed hard, you got to lay in that bad boy. ? bless.
  • b*braze
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what ? has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

You have a ? shaped vacum thats waiting to be filled my brother. Your parents or whoever raised you, did as they were commanded to by the LORD. Their hands have been washed. No longer will they be held accountable for you. They did what they were suppose to do. Now that you have reached the age of accountability, the seeds that were planted in your childhood have led you to this day, time, and hour on allhiphop.com R&R forum, where once again you have another chance to receive Christ as your Savior. The ball is strictly in your court. Eternity has been placed in your heart and thus you know that there is a ? no matter how much you try to suppress the truth. NO MATTER HOW MUCH. You can lie and tell me excuse after excuse, but you just admitted it above that you question. That alone tells me that you know that there is a ? . So while you can deny, deny, deny, deny; when the day comes and ? forbid it does come for you, but when you stand before ? as an unrepentant sinner, you will be lost without hope. How tragic it will be for you for all ETERNITY to remember the great white throne judgment where you will see all your loved ones on the side of ? and you yourself thrust out into outer darkness, never to be remembered again. HOW AWFUL!

But hey, when you make your bed hard, you got to lay in that bad boy. ? bless.

Lol... That post went clear over your head.

The conclusion i came to was I never really believed in the first place. There wasn't/isn't a ? vacuum. I was trying to convince myself to believe something I knew in the back of my mind wasn't true.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lol... That post went clear over your head.

The conclusion i came to was I never really believed in the first place. There wasn't/isn't a ? vacuum. I was trying to convince myself to believe something I knew in the back of my mind wasn't true.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH!

? bless.
  • b*braze
    edited December 2010
    Options
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH!

? bless.

Lmao... Cool.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "And without faith it is impossible to please ? , because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Your playing a dangerous game, DANGEROUS my friend. Absolutely 100% deadly. Eternally. Literally. You will never KNOW before your number is called. The only way that you can ASSUREDLY KNOW that you are a child of ? is by reading the above passage of scripture and mediating on it's spiritual meaning. Faith is what saves. Faith alone in the risen Christ, who died on your behalf so that you wouldn't have to stand before Him as your judge. If you will not have Him as your Savior, you will have Him as your judge. The choice is yours. BEHOLD, today is the day of salvation. You might not be around in the next 10 years, let alone the next 2 minutes. Our life is like a vapor, here today and gone tommorrow. Don't play with your salvation my friend. Whats a couple of years on the earth compared to eternity? ? bless.

Do you have any answers related to my thread topic?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you have any answers related to my thread topic?

Nah. There is nothing to answer.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mormonism is really growing and so is Scientology.
    actually, the latter really isn't. bear in mind that they've declared themselves the fastest growing religion in the world for about 30 years now.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    actually, the latter really isn't. bear in mind that they've declared themselves the fastest growing religion in the world for about 30 years now.

Well 2001 was it's peak at about 55k

2008 it was down to 25k

The info released this year puts them at 49k.

It's growth.

I'm gonna make a point to mention Scientology at least twice a day. Even in irrelevant threads.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There are a lot of disputes surrounding Jesus's Death and Resurrection, but I think that the details are really distracting us from the significance of such an event.

It is believed that Jesus did die, was buried, and was resurrected. If this is true, then why did it happen? I mean, it would be a sight to see someone dead come back to life (and not be a zombie) and it would be the talk of the town but what purpose does it serve?

It doesn't mean a whole lot if Jesus's Death and Resurrection if it is just for show. It would only leave the impression that maybe it is possible to cheat death; that maybe there is something we can do to accomplish the same thing. Hey, Ted Turner is betting on Cryogenics right now.

However, if Jesus's Death and Resurrection has significance, then there is more to it than just a dead body being brought back to life. There is the whole notion of Jesus "saving" the world through this. We could start there. Where it leads is not my call.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "He died the evening of a Friday"

He didn't die on friday, He died in the midst/wed. of a literal week.... Jesus became our passover for sin, (Understand that the Passover is a holy day true but it is not a High Sabbath day), the day following the Passover is a High Sabbath, that Holy day is known as the Feast of unleavened bread...That was the High Sabbath spoken of in scriptures that they were preparing for, it wasn't a regular 7th day Sabbath/Satg.... If you go to Leviticus 23 you will see the Most High giving out His Holy Days for us to keep throughout our generations (for Israelites & the stranger/non Israelites). Also if we go to the book of Daniel 9 it speaks on when Jeus went into the grave/tomb.... Now if he died on a friday as most "scc" believe how can we get 3 days & 3 nights from so call good fri to so call easter sunday? We can't...

But you can get 3 days & 3 nights from Wed evening to the evening of the 7th day Sabbath/sat.. which is the day Jesus rose from the grave, wed evening= 1night, thurs evening =2nights & Friday evening =3nights ... thurs day= 1 day ,fri day= 2nd day & 7th day Sabbath/Sat= 3rd day... with Jesus rising before the sun went down which would have made it the 1st day of the week, which is when Mary came to the tomb but it was yet/still dark & Jesus was already gone...

"We are supposed to believe Jesus resurrected from the dead, correct? Where is his body? What purpose does this body of man/flesh have rising and being gone? Wouldn't it/shouldn't it be more of a spiritual rising and not a literal body rising? Can actual man/flesh be in heaven? (or wherever he went)"

We also must know that we were made in the image of ? , we are made in His image but not after His likeness (being in the glory of ? ), This is why it's important to not defile our bodies with unclean foods or tattoos because the same bodies we have will be raised from the grave during the ressurrection period & changed into spirit bodies, Jesus was the example of this, that's why Paul said what he stated in 1 Cornithians 15.... After the ressurection of Jesus He put on the body of being ? again that's why when they saw Him He advised them NOT to touch Him for He had not made the full acension back to the Father. No man can enter into the 3rd heaven where the Godhead & Holy angels dwell... Again Jesus is shown as our example on what happens after we've been ressurrected & given the same body that He received (Jesus & His saints will be the judges during the white throne judgement because they will be Gods also during that period, that's why Its states bless are those who make it in the 1st ressurection in Revelations, they will be Gods & judge everyone else along with Christ... they will judge those that come up in the 2nd ressurrection which will take place after the 1000 yr rest period) but again No man will go into the 3rd heaven for the Kingdom of Heaven will be here on Earth after the white throne Judgement.

This is why none of the prophets or apostles spoke about going to the 3rd heaven, they had understanding as to where the Kingdom would be established,... & what's so funny is the only person in the bible that wants to go to the 3rd heaven is none other than satan himself (scc are just following in his footsteps & don't even realize who's will they are following when they speak about going to heaven after death)...

"Jesus is now taken up, into heaven. He isn't a ghost or a spirit, but actual flesh and bone. Can actual flesh and bone be taken up into heaven? What does this mean for a spirit? Why doesn't Jesus have one, or if he does, why wasn't he a spirit?"

This is why John states

John 3:13
    And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus was the one to come from heaven after leaving His position in the Godhead as Elohim, in the flesh after the seed of David thru Joseph, He became the son of man, after His ressurrection He was back in His glory form even though it states He was still of flesh, this is why the book of Mark states

Mark 16:11-14 (King James Version)

11And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

12After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

13And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.

14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

This is just a quick answering of your questions if you need other scriptures to get more understanding, let me know.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1. Um, yes Isrealites will have to explain that one. I've never heard of two sabbaths or whatever. To me, that's a wtf moment I just had.

2/3. I know and understand it's a fulfilled prophecy, and I don't need PROOF in scripture. For some reason, I was always under the impression it was a spiritual rising. What was the PURPOSE of FLESH AND BONE to be risen? We know that flesh/bone cannot enter heaven, so how is it later Jesus was taken up alive, human into heaven? There isn't a sequence where he becomes spirit after that?

4. Unless it's flying over my head, what does that have to do with Jesus being taken up?

1. yea, i don't feel like diggin up all that scripture. :o

2/3. The only clue we given as to what happened to Jesus physical body is that verse i posted about corruption putting on incorruption. Other than that, we aren't given any details...it's a mystery. But we have enough scriptural evidence to support that Jesus physical flesh and bone didn't enter into heaven.

4. I shoulda noted, that verse has nothing to do with Jesus ascension directly....it gives a small insight into what happens to the physical body when entering heaven. It has to go through a change since physical bodies aren't suitable for being in an eternal realm.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    "He died the evening of a Friday"

He didn't die on friday, He died in the midst/wed. of a literal week.... Jesus became our passover for sin, (Understand that the Passover is a holy day true but it is not a High Sabbath day), the day following the Passover is a High Sabbath, that Holy day is known as the Feast of unleavened bread...That was the High Sabbath spoken of in scriptures that they were preparing for, it wasn't a regular 7th day Sabbath/Satg.... If you go to Leviticus 23 you will see the Most High giving out His Holy Days for us to keep throughout our generations (for Israelites & the stranger/non Israelites). Also if we go to the book of Daniel 9 it speaks on when Jeus went into the grave/tomb.... Now if he died on a friday as most "scc" believe how can we get 3 days & 3 nights from so call good fri to so call easter sunday? We can't...

But you can get 3 days & 3 nights from Wed evening to the evening of the 7th day Sabbath/sat.. which is the day Jesus rose from the grave, wed evening= 1night, thurs evening =2nights & Friday evening =3nights ... thurs day= 1 day ,fri day= 2nd day & 7th day Sabbath/Sat= 3rd day... with Jesus rising before the sun went down which would have made it the 1st day of the week, which is when Mary came to the tomb but it was yet/still dark & Jesus was already gone...

http://www.letusreason.org/doct10.htm

Read that and let me know what you think about that.

Also, what is the midst of the week then?
    This section of Scripture also uses the word "week" to symbolically portray 7 years, each day of the week representing 1 year. Half of 7 years is 3 1/2 years. Verse 27 says that "in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease". Jesus began confirming the covenant at the beginning of His ministry. However, in the midst of week [and 3 1/2 years of ministry] He was cut off by being killed and in so giving His life He caused the sacrifice to end.

taken from -- http://www.free-bible-study-lessons.com/prince-503.html

let me know what you think about this as well.