Is the world really designed? Is it perfectly planned?

Options

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    you can create your own reality.

Demonstrate.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? is not a man in the sky with a long, white beard. ? is not a man at all, and not a woman either. ? is sexless, ? is the Life Energy. ? is EVERYTHING; it is the Universe, it is you, me, the animals, the flowers, the atoms - everything that is. Because everything is energy. You are part of the Life Force or Life Energy, and therefore you can create your own reality.

I feel you on this. But does that energy require us to be a part of it? What is energy other then random reactions? Do yo think that it is all organized or is it random energy? Does this then make humanity or life in gereal unique because of it's ability to harness and reform energy?

If it is all energy, does it have to be named then? Should it be called ? or just the universe? Your basically saying that there is no room for a singular entity to create all. All is already all. Am i getting this right?

What do you feel about Intelligent Design? Do you think that there was a plan to it all?
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Demonstrate.

Our reality is manifested by the choice we make. Almost every second of the day we make choices. These choices create our future, that is obvious. You make a decision and something happens. You make another decision and something else happens. Then we make a new decision based upon the previous decision, and life goes on; thus we create our own reality. You could have made different choices, and your future would have been different. How often haven't we thought: "Shoot! I should have made a different decision and I wouldn't have been in this mess!" In a perfect world, you are free to make your own decisions, regardless of what other people are thinking, but we have come to a point where the majority will judge the ones that do not share the same opinion.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    If I didn't have particular beliefs, I would still lead towards design. I wouldn't know exactly how things would have been created but I would at least consider the "mechanics" of organic life and their functions. As far as perfection goes, is it truly up to us to determine what is perfect and what is not in respect to ? ? I believe that ? 's perception of perfection is totally different from what we think it is. We are constrained to the elements and circumstances of this world. We think perfection is a straight line; a perfect score; a winning streak...things we measure and it's nothing particularly wrong with it with respect to the things of this world. It is when we think that ? is confined by our standards is when we are disappointed.

What standard are we applying to ? ? What is this litmus test other then to ask why? How does this challenge confine ? when we can hardly challenge or confine or even define the universe? The fact that there is no perfection is exactly what I'm getting at. If nothing is perfect to our knowledge and nothing can be perfect do to the randomness of change, what's the point of any singular plan? That plan would be at the mercy of too many changes. No one can identify this particular plan or tell us the reason for it so why do we believe in a non plan? The perfection that you mention is within a context. What if none gave a ? about the game to worry about a perfect score? How long does that score remain perfect until someone changes the rules to make your score invalid?

I don't think that scientist deal in perfection, only observation.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Our reality is manifested by the choice we make. Almost every second of the day we make choices. These choices create our future, that is obvious. You make a decision and something happens. You make another decision and something else happens. Then we make a new decision based upon the previous decision, and life goes on; thus we create our own reality. You could have made different choices, and your future would have been different. How often haven't we thought: "Shoot! I should have made a different decision and I wouldn't have been in this mess!" In a perfect world, you are free to make your own decisions, regardless of what other people are thinking, but we have come to a point where the majority will judge the ones that do not share the same opinion.

What if someone makes a decision to ? you. What control do you have of that if you are unaware of this decision or the plan to enact that decision?
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I feel you on this. But does that energy require us to be a part of it? What is energy other then random reactions? Do yo think that it is all organized or is it random energy? Does this then make humanity or life in gereal unique because of it's ability to harness and reform energy?

If it is all energy, does it have to be named then? Should it be called ? or just the universe? Your basically saying that there is no room for a singular entity to create all. All is already all. Am i getting this right?

What do you feel about Intelligent Design? Do you think that there was a plan to it all?

Yes, but the energy had an orignal source ("In the beginning..."), the Infinite creator or beginning, that is what we recognize as "? ". Everything is unfolding as it should therefore there is intelligent design. We see it everyday in what we call "Nature"..........
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What if someone makes a decision to ? you. What control do you have of that if you are unaware of this decision or the plan to enact that decision?

The ability to ? or be killed is part of our collective reality that we have created in this physical world (or dimension). We have been trained to fear death. The "Powers that be" want us to believe one of a few things: 1) This life is all there is. When you die, you are gone and there is nothing more to it (atheism). 2) There is a Heaven and there is a Hell. This is only true if we believe it is true. The Christian belief in Heaven and Hell is another way to control us.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The ability to ? or be killed is part of our collective reality that we have created in this physical world (or dimension). We have been trained to fear death. The "Powers that be" want us to believe one of a few things: 1) This life is all there is. When you die, you are gone and there is nothing more to it (atheism). 2) There is a Heaven and there is a Hell. This is only true if we believe it is true. The Christian belief in Heaven and Hell is another way to control us.

I can dig this, but what proof do you have that we will come together as a different form of energy with the same consciousness? Where does consciousness and awareness come from? The brain. How do i know this? If the brain is damaged beyond repair, you will not longer be you. You will be a broken version of your former self. If i took half of your brain, half of your skills will be eliminated or at least stunted. What happens when the brain dies entirely? What is the energy that we form into. Energy is only a reaction from action. If there is not longer any action, then what is there? Do we turn into light or electricity?

I understand life to go on with the production of further life. Birth.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes, but the energy had an orignal source ("In the beginning..."), the Infinite creator or beginning, that is what we recognize as "? ". Everything is unfolding as it should therefore there is intelligent design. We see it everyday in what we call "Nature"..........

We are still investigating the source or start. ? is just a name we give it but that is to say that it was a conscious action. We know that things exist without consciousness.

We don't know how it's supposed to unfold. Neither did the dinosaurs when they were wiped out. I'm sure they thought they had it good.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I can dig this, but what proof do you have that we will come together as a different form of energy with the same consciousness? Where does consciousness and awareness come from? The brain. How do i know this? If the brain is damaged beyond repair, you will not longer be you. You will be a broken version of your former self. If i took half of your brain, half of your skills will be eliminated or at least stunted. What happens when the brain dies entirely? What is the energy that we form into. Energy is only a reaction from action. If there is not longer any action, then what is there? Do we turn into light or electricity?

I understand life to go on with the production of further life. Birth.

The brain is just a tool that allow you to express yourself, if you are brain damaged ,you lose the ability to communicate but you are still you trapped in a body in which you no longer have control. The spirit and the soul are synonymous, and for simplicity I will commonly use the word "spirit". The spirit is immortal, and the spirit is YOU. You are not your body and you are not your brain or you mind. You are the SPIRIT. Your body is your tool here in the 3rd dimension, and you need it to operate here. However, the illusion of time, the agreed upon reality, deteriorates the body eventually. We call it aging and after a certain perceived amount of time the body cannot function anymore, and it "dies". It's all programmed into our DNA. However, only the body dies, you don't.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

So in other words, you really can't "create your own reality" like you said.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We are still investigating the source or start. ? is just a name we give it but that is to say that it was a conscious action. We know that things exist without consciousness.

We don't know how it's supposed to unfold. Neither did the dinosaurs when they were wiped out. I'm sure they thought they had it good.

Yes,... but that just underlines the beauty and perfection of creation...if the dinosaurs existed and were not wiped out, then perhaps man would not have progressed to where we are today. You look at death as being "imperfect" however death is necesary to strike the balance of existence. The earth resources can only maintain approximately 5-6 billion people, can you imagine how depleted (of natural resources) the earth would be if there was no death. Therefore birth and death (the cycle) is a perfection to the order of things.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

haven't you created your own reality? from your location to your outlook on life is all your reality. the clearer your thoughts, the faster they manifest on the physical plane.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The brain is just a tool that allow you to express yourself, if you are brain damaged ,you lose the ability to communicate but you are still you trapped in a body in which you no longer have control. The spirit and the soul are synonymous, and for simplicity I will commonly use the word "spirit". The spirit is immortal, and the spirit is YOU. You are not your body and you are not your brain or you mind. You are the SPIRIT. Your body is your tool here in the 3rd dimension, and you need it to operate here. However, the illusion of time, the agreed upon reality, deteriorates the body eventually. We call it aging and after a certain perceived amount of time the body cannot function anymore, and it "dies". It's all programmed into our DNA. However, only the body dies, you don't.

that's whats up good post.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options

Yes you can, but your are being manipulated to think you can't. Collectively the more we believe we are not in control the harder it becomes to free ourselves.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    IN SUMMATION:
    We are around 6 billion souls with bodies on this planet, and most of us have no clue what is going on around us, only because we have let ignorance substitute knowledge. It is our own laziness and our own egos that have made this reality stick, and here we are. It all boils down to personal responsibility, which is something that needs to be worked on constantly. Therefore, it is much easier to let someone else take care of that part, so we don’t have to bother…

In a reality where good and evil exist, we would like to find a balance between the two, and to expand spiritually, we need to tip over towards the positive side. There is no such balance here, and this imbalance IS the 3rd dimension (our reality). This is the reality where good and evil are in constant battle, and evil is now ruling over good; thus there is war, poverty, racism, violence, drugs and darkness and no or little progress towards a more positive than negative polarity.

We create our own reality by free choice; it doesn't matter how many people tell me otherwise, it is very self evident. Everybody living on this planet have agreed upon the same reality, more or less - this is where we are in the spiritual evolution. Otherwise we wouldn't experience the same things.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What standard are we applying to ? ? What is this litmus test other then to ask why? How does this challenge confine ? when we can hardly challenge or confine or even define the universe? The fact that there is no perfection is exactly what I'm getting at. If nothing is perfect to our knowledge and nothing can be perfect do to the randomness of change, what's the point of any singular plan? That plan would be at the mercy of too many changes. No one can identify this particular plan or tell us the reason for it so why do we believe in a non plan? The perfection that you mention is within a context. What if none gave a ? about the game to worry about a perfect score? How long does that score remain perfect until someone changes the rules to make your score invalid?

I don't think that scientist deal in perfection, only observation.

Our definition of what we consider perfect is the standard. It's not just non-believers that are guilty of it. When some say that ? is perfect, we are immediately drawn to what it means in respect to creation and moral behavior. There is a consistency we expect that if there is one perceived mistake or misconduct, we are doubting the claim of perfection.

We think that when ? creates, He does so only concerned with the flawlessness of design. We think that when ? acts, He does so only concerning Himself with how "good" He looks in His Behavior. We read of ? 's Anger and Jealousy and we go...that is not how ? should act. We look at the deformities of human beings and animals and say that a "perfect" ? wouldn't do that. We would also say that ? shouldn't allow evil and suffering to happen.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Let me ask you this, what is heaven(S)?

three heavens

the skies, space, and heaven itself
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for at least getting on topic John. Maybe your not the old boy rapping weirdo that I accused yo of.

Now lets ponder this. Can DNA be considered a perfect design if it requires replication in order to adapt? If it isn't perfect, then what this this say about gods infallibility. Why not make a perfect design that does not require adaptation? What creates the need for adaptation or evolution in the first place? Evolution is not so much an instant change but the end result of humans that were able to survive things that killed other humans. The ability to survive in the Artic by artificial means tells me that naturally, our design was flawed and we could not do it without manufacturing something to protect us where as other animals did just fine (raindeer). Why not just make us adaptable to all weather from the start?

I personally believe in a higher power......and this higher power is not perfect = (

It has many flaws, sadly. Beyond that, I don't know much, or anything, about the higher powers that I believe are out there.

Maybe the ? or the gods are dead? Either way, it makes sense that this universe was designed, as flawed a design as it is. Life is a miracle by itself, I find it highly unlikely we just appeared. Most humans have two eyes, most birds have two eyes too....so there was some kind of design going on. It is true that all living things evolve with time, but if anything, that proves even more the complexity of creation. There is something incredible about the way humans and other animals interact with other beings, and that kind of thing can't just be some random thing. So yes, I do believe this world was designed.

And ? no, this world was not perfectly planned. Earthquake victims in Haiti would agree with me.
  • Luca
    Luca Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, new guy here. Sorry for any incovence, but here's where stand on this .Yes, do believe that the world was design by something bigger, Sombody, idk ( if talkin about the universe). As to planet earth, were just lucky
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Luca wrote: »
    Well, new guy here. Sorry for any incovence, but here's where stand on this .Yes, do believe that the world was design by something bigger, Sombody, idk ( if talkin about the universe). As to planet earth, were just lucky

Welcome my friend. What made you finally decide to join the forum?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? is not a man in the sky with a long, white beard. ? is not a man at all, and not a woman either. ? is sexless, ? is the Life Energy. ? is EVERYTHING; it is the Universe, it is you, me, the animals, the flowers, the atoms - everything that is. Because everything is energy. You are part of the Life Force or Life Energy, and therefore you can create your own reality.

AI agree with everything you said except that you CANNOT create your own reality. With all due respect, that's complete ? . There are people in Pakistan right now living around flooded waters with no toilets, food, or secure shelter. I'm sure they'd like to create a more perfect reality but.........yeah they can't.

We all make the best of the reality around us, as Jay-Z said in his great book, Decoded. I recommend everyone get it.
  • Luca
    Luca Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Welcome my friend. What made you finally decide to join the forum?

Well it was more like looking around. Also learning to be a better DJ/producer
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Luca wrote: »
    Well it was more like looking around. Also learning to be a better DJ/producer

Well it wasn't by chance or coincedence that you decided to join here. I pray that ? will bless you and the work of your hands my friend. I look foward to sharing the good news with you. ? bless.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You have to begin at the beginning. Your trying to get to the finish line without even starting the race. So I ask you, do you believe this?

"In the beginning ? created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

That doesnt answer the question.....