"that a ol white name"

Options
Chillin&Postin
Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
smh & lol when i hear black folks say this

most of our names are "white" names.

its jus like when white folks are antisemitic when they have biblical jew names

how you gonna be a redneck racist and your name is Levi...thats some hebrew ish

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    I'm really trying to understand this. Since the European slave-traders took refuge in the fact that the Arabs and even the Africans themselves had already sold slaves before them. Now let's move forward to here and now. I've noticed many African Americans are dropping their given names and taking on Arab sounding names. Now SOME names (21th Century) that AA's take on make no sense whatsoever....IMO Arabic sounding names would be MY last option given their role in the scheme of things.

this is also in the front of my mind also

blacks dont want to accept the slave master's name becuase he forced christianity on us....well, so did the arabs and so many of us think of islam as the "black man's true religion"

i feel that unless you get them cotton swaps and markers and find out where you truely come from,you will always jus be havin another man's name
    or
    you can keep creating all the afro-french names like LeChantenell
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    If you knew more about history.....and this fact Levi aka Loeb Strauss.....German founder of the Levi Strauss jean co fame. Do you actually think them rednecks would be thinking about that name in the biblical sense/time??

fact still remains man

i dont any white christian man in the south is thinkin bout the jean maker when he names his son Levi or Eli..he is naming his son after the Levites

i mean jus go down the list,
    Thomas
    John
    James
    Jacob

all naems of jews from the bible..you cant be antisemitic wit a jew name