Collinsworth is the worst commentator ever

Options

Comments

• BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like the NFL Network guys too....but IMO..ESPN has the best roster of analysts...especially on the Sunday show.....i like thier show because unlike FOX and CBS they dont try to "one up" each other with antics or a "I know more than you so ? " attitude.....they all mesh really well and they ACTUALLY know what the hell they are talking about...and the fact that they have many different prospectives makes them way more diverse.....
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think Herm is still living off that "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" glory....lol
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ESPN College Gameday....

Yeah for college but I'll take NFL Gameday morning at 9am on NFL Network..
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Joe Buck is horrible. I think he needs to stick to baseball.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Joe Buck is a ? .

I like Al and Chris.

I like Gruden even though he gushes over players too much.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pat Summerall >>>>>> any other play by play NFL dude. (Summerall/Madden combo was GOAT. Like fire and ice. He left all the antics to Madden and just called the game.)

Keith Jackson >>>>>>any other play by play College football dude. (Love his "Whoa nelly!" and how he says Oklahoma.)

"Touchdown, Oaaaaak-la-homa!"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gruden is to damn nice... he ? ride everybody especially the Saints and im a Saints fan...

C.C. is funny as hell..

the person i hate the most is John Buck, the dude that be with Aikman.. He just cosign everything Aikman says
  • BigTruth21
    BigTruth21 Members Posts: 45
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What do heads think about Warren Sapp? at first I thought he was funny but now I dont know
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

Co-sign this powerful post as a textbook example of Joe Buck's incompetence as a big game commentator. SMH @ him f*cking up the play of the decade.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The best color commentator in sports hands down is Joe Rogan, and any MMA fan knows it. He always breaks down and identifies things going on in a fight that you don't notice but you realize are extremely important. Also, he's extremly funny as well. If the UFC would fire Mike Goldberg and bring in someone better, UFC commentary would be >>>> than all other sports.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Everyone that ? rides Brett Favre is trash.Which is 99.9% of them ? .I especially can not stand Uncle Tom Jackson -you know that ? would have been snitching on run a way slaves- and Mark Schlerith.I hate the was Dilfer and Hasselbeck act like they are experts to speak on what makes a good QB too.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yea if we talkin football, but Clark Kellog be the wizoat.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Collinsworth has plenty of competition though.

I can't stand the following:

Shannon Sharpe: aka Mr. Ed meets Daffy duck. Don't have speech coaches @ CBS?? Plus he's always making reckless comments about players/teams and then gets proven wrong.

Merrill Hodge: If y'all don't like Herm, I don't see how y'all don't like this hick. Sound like he smokes ? and takes Jack Daniels shots right before he goes on air.

Mike Ditka: Another near-future alzheimer's patient. Sometimes I think he forgets where he is on ESPN. Watch this Sunday how every now and then he looks around like "where am I, and who are all these n!ggers with suits on?"

Jalen Rose: This is what it would look like if a 12 year old was allowed to be a ESPN analyst. ? just gets excited for no reason and dickrides anybody that plays well even if he JUST said before the game they were trash or that they would lose.

Surprising favorites (ones I thought would be trash as commentators, but like them)

Keyshawn Johnson: Hated him as a player, but he spits nothing but truth every weekend. And unlike other football commentators, he's not afraid to go out on a limb with his picks and opinions.

Jon Gruden: Hated him in the league too, but he can be the next John Madden if he sticks to it. He brings that "average joe football fan" perspective like John Madden did while sprinkling in his coaching expertise just as Madden did. (and he's not a Madden wannabe like Matt Millen.)

Steve Young: Just didn't think he would be a good commentator because he was a pretty quiet player. But everything he says rings true whether you like it or not. And you gotta love how he made Matt Millen mad. lol

Lol co sign. This is why I watch the nfl network
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    my fav. commentator is Rod Woodson on NFL Network.

simple, to the point, no bs and had a hall of fame career to back up the talk.
  • marc123
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BigTruth21 wrote: »
    What do heads think about Warren Sapp? at first I thought he was funny but now I dont know

sapp is a pain to watch. inside the NFL really needs to get rid of him. and replace him w/ Rod Woodson.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wat happend to my ? Sean Salsbury
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Collinsworth is garbage, he always has that stupid stuck up smile on his face. Michaels and Madden really were a good team.
  • Menace.
    Menace. Members Posts: 836 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? him.
    hes the reason i push mute when i play madden
  • marc123
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wat happend to my ? Sean Salsbury

espn fired him after he made fun of John Clayton on the air.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

a simple "? HE CAUGHT IT" woulda been dope but nooooooooo.........
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    sapp is a pain to watch. inside the NFL really needs to get rid of him. and replace him w/ Rod Woodson.

Sapps intro on inside the nfl is the funniest sht i seen in a while I gota get a screen cap of the look dude gives
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The best color commentator in sports hands down is Joe Rogan, and any MMA fan knows it. He always breaks down and identifies things going on in a fight that you don't notice but you realize are extremely important. Also, he's extremly funny as well. If the UFC would fire Mike Goldberg and bring in someone better, UFC commentary would be >>>> than all other sports.

Yea you can really tell he knows his stuff the other guy's alright they work well together but I wouldn't mind seeing Joe and Randy call a few fights

the worse in my opinion are Emmitt Smith, that one comedian that used to call the monday night games Dennis Miller I think, and i dunno if it counts but michael cole is one of the reasons i can't watch wrestling anymore
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    1. "There's a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson"

2. “A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field's boundaries.”

3. "The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage."

4. "If you lose your best cornerback and punter, I'd say that's a double loss."

5. "It's 3rd and 20..They need a good play here."

6. "See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands."

7. "When you have great players, playing great, well that's great football!"

8. "Ruben Brown made that play there....well I mean he missed the guy completley but he was able to create just enough room for Thomas Jones by whiffing. The air he created on the miss gave Jones enough space to score."

9. "If the quaterback throws the ball in the endzone and the Wide Receiver catches it....... It's a touchdown."

10. "If this team doesn't put points on the board I don't see how they can win."

11. "Whenever you talk about a Mike Shanahan offense, you're always going to be talking about his offense."

12. "Some yards is better than none yards?"

13. "Here's a guy, here's a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better"

14. "Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game."

15. "Mark Brunell usually likes to soak his ? before a rainy game."

16. “When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to.”

17. "They're either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it."

18. "The Dallas Cowboys have 2 types of plays in their playbook. Passing plays, and running plays."

19. "When its raining the field gets wet, then all of a sudden everyones running slower"

• BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Originally Posted by John Madden 1. "There's a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson"

2. “A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field's boundaries.”

3. "The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage."

6. "See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands."

8. "Ruben Brown made that play there....well I mean he missed the guy completley but he was able to create just enough room for Thomas Jones by whiffing. The air he created on the miss gave Jones enough space to score."

9. "If the quaterback throws the ball in the endzone and the Wide Receiver catches it....... It's a touchdown."

10. "If this team doesn't put points on the board I don't see how they can win."

11. "Whenever you talk about a Mike Shanahan offense, you're always going to be talking about his offense."

13. "Here's a guy, here's a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better"

18. "The Dallas Cowboys have 2 types of plays in their playbook. Passing plays, and running plays."

19. "When its raining the field gets wet, then all of a sudden everyones running slower"

LMAOOO.......John Madden da GOAT
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Originally Posted by John Madden 1. "There's a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson"

LMAOOO.......John Madden da GOAT