why is success the best revenge?

Options
letstrythisagain
letstrythisagain Members Posts: 427
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
i hear that alot, that "the best revenge is success"
like your being successful and looking "better than ever" is going to make a difference with someone who did you wrong, hurt you or cut you off
how is being successful going to make a difference or even matter, with getting "revenge"?

Comments

• deadprezreppinme
    deadprezreppinme Members Posts: 195
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Because you dont gotta say ? .
  • letstrythisagain
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Because you dont gotta say ? .

i still dont see how that matters. i mean, either way no one is going to give a ? about another person's "success" if they have hurt you or cut you off, disrespected you or did you wrong altogether. success is supposed to make them sorry?
  • deadprezreppinme
    deadprezreppinme Members Posts: 195
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A person is gonna be ? if the person they were downing is in a better position than them.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    First you get the money

Then you get the power

Then you get the respect
  • letstrythisagain
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A person is gonna be ? if the person they were downing is in a better position than them.

thats definitely true
  • letstrythisagain
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    First you get the money

Then you get the power

Then you get the respect

right, but then its the MONEY they love & respect, not the person
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dedicate everything to my doubters.
  • letstrythisagain
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I dedicate everything to my doubters.

what does that mean?
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    like your being successful and looking "better than ever" is going to make a difference with someone who did you wrong, hurt you or cut you off
    how is being successful going to make a difference or even matter, with getting "revenge"?

It means that you were on the right path and that your detractors were wrong. People usually say "the best revenge is success" in reference to someone who caused you problems for doing what, in the end, made you successful.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Success is only revenge against haters, doubters and cats who wanna see you fail. Cause them type of ? hate to see you come up. Hurts their soul. ESPECIALLY if you're doing better than them
  • letstrythisagain
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It means that you were on the right path and that your detractors were wrong. People usually say "the best revenge is success" in reference to someone who caused you problems for doing what, in the end, made you successful.

LOL oh. i thought it meant when someone breaks up with you or cuts you off or does you wrong, you go on to be really successful and they regret doing you wrong or cutting you off because they "could have been with you" and now look at how successful you are and they are missing out
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Kobe.......according to some folks, a snitch, ? ? and ? .......but most people forget about that cause he won 5 championships

Rick Ross is another example.....
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

i feel what u sayin. ? success, i'd rather get real revenge
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When you're successful, the people who doubted you, who didn't want to talk to you, underestimated you, etc. will feel ? and they could be in a bad situation.
  • jennifer hudson
    jennifer hudson Members Posts: 18
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lose weight burn fat and get healthy tips here...
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If a ? robs you, I don't think you being a success later on will matter to that ? .

Wack saying:
    myth-busted.jpg
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nah success is the best revenge. By far destroying a ? life, making it hard for him to eat, or generally ? him over nh is better revenge.

Think about it like goodfellas. The short italian dude who offed the mademan, his crew waited damn near 10 years to have his boss off him while he believed he was going to be made and a boss. If that isn't the best revenge what is
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll tel you violence is the next best revenge.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The best revenges are illegal, so success just fills in.
  • sandiegohiphophustle
    sandiegohiphophustle Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This may not be the best example but lets say your in high school and tried to get at the baddest chick at the school but she tells you your too broke and ugly and she only talks to top notch dudes. 10 years later your the CEO of a fortune 500 company and she an overweight single mom with 6 kids living in the projects. When she see you at the High School reunion she's gonna feel like ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This may not be the best example but lets say your in high school and tried to get at the baddest chick at the school but she tells you your too broke and ugly and she only talks to top notch dudes. 10 years later your the CEO of a fortune 500 company and she an overweight single mom with 6 kids living in the projects. When she see you at the High School reunion she's gonna feel like ? .

? thats some wishful thinking...

but revenge is a tricky thing
  • sandiegohiphophustle
    sandiegohiphophustle Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It depends on the situation. If a dude killed your best friend sucess won't mean ? . But if your teacher told you your never gonna be ? because your failing his class and years later you sign a contract and end up making his salary in one day then thats a big slap in his face.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw. it's not. it's only temporary happiness of aha! look at me now. which is a desperate cry of attention from the muthafucka who still doesnt give a ? .
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naw success anit the best revenge, doing something worst then what the ? did to you is far better.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    NOTHING really matters in the grand scheme of things lol... but it just makes you feel good about yourself b. And it does have the ability to make someone feel inferior.