How do you get cut??

Options
7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
edited January 2011 in The Weight Room
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ight my new years thing was to lose ten pounds and ive done it in 6 days...

dont ask how

but now im at the right weight. and i work out.. but how do i get cut up??

what would i have to do ??

6 ft 5 << 245

and do it without losing weight.. i want to stay in the low 240s

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    heavy diet, heavy cardio, and ....no alcohol

befoer you ask, i have trouble letting go of the alcohol
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am not a model, but I am the blueprint.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    say the wrong thing to a puerto rican.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    low body fat percentage...u wanna see ur abs...get to 10% or under...to do that cardio and lifting...low carbs, high protein diet...
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited January 2011
    Options
    low body fat percentage...u wanna see ur abs...get to 10% or under...to do that cardio and lifting...low carbs, high protein diet...

but do i eat to maintain or to gain??

calorie wise?
    and clean foods

or can i eat anything i e chad johnson etc
  • truth spitter
    edited January 2011
    Options
    u eat below maintenance...find a caloric calculator and figure out what ur maintenance level is to where u stay at the same weight...then gradually eat under that...like the first week u eat 100 calories less a day while u do ur cardio and weightlifting, the next week 200...til u get to about 400 calories below maintenance while keeping ur protein high to maintain your muscle...if u dont eat enough you'll burn muscle with fat...actually you're bound to lose a lil muscle by cutting but to keep as much as possible dont go to low...and of course clean foods...you'll get ur carbs mostly from veggies...cut out the white bread, white rice, pastries, etc. out...get that fiber to keep u full for longer...brown rice, oatmeal, etc..drink lots of water, cut the sodas and most juices out..those beverage calories add up..

here check this out...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drwilley3.htm
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited January 2011
    Options
    +
    u eat below maintenance...find a caloric calculator and figure out what ur maintenance level is to where u stay at the same weight...then gradually eat under that...like the first week u eat 100 calories less a day while u do ur cardio and weightlifting, the next week 200...til u get to about 400 calories below maintenance while keeping ur protein high to maintain your muscle...if u dont eat enough you'll burn muscle with fat...actually you're bound to lose a lil muscle by cutting but to keep as much as possible dont go to low...and of course clean foods...you'll get ur carbs mostly from veggies...cut out the white bread, white rice, pastries, etc. out...get that fiber to keep u full for longer...brown rice, oatmeal, etc..drink lots of water, cut the sodas and most juices out..those beverage calories add up..

here check this out...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drwilley3.htm

alright thanks.

i appreciate it!!
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

dont ask how

6 ft 5 << 245

1. eAT WHATEVER you want.....the only catch is....its has to have ZERO carbs!!!!

2. Lift heavy weights.....and Run...Running still is and will always be the basic and most important way of getting your body ripped.

example: Most olympic sprinters you see on tv are big and ripped....but they strong as hell too

since they do heavy lifting with the weights....but also do explosive runs.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    isnt carbs where you get your energy from?
  • truth spitter
    edited January 2011
    Options

yep...how u gain weight too...people thk protein builds muscle....it does but carbs are just as important.....that's why people hate cutting.....when u cut ur strength drops...u wont be lifting as heavy as u used to....
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree with the running but heavy lifting, def not necessary. I got more looks and comments when I was just doing pull up, dips and pushups than when I started lifing weights about a year and a half ago. weights give you that thick look, you acquire alot of mass but calisthenics is wheres its at is just want the cut look and just watch the fat in general.

I suggest you max out on pullups, dips, pushups and situps,

then include some set of lower body like lunges, squats, calf raises, to balance out the look. but def at least 3 days of week of running and maybe a day where you jump rope for 45 min or swim laps.
  • pieman
    pieman Members Posts: 371
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree with the running but heavy lifting, def not necessary. I got more looks and comments when I was just doing pull up, dips and pushups than when I started lifing weights about a year and a half ago. weights give you that thick look, you acquire alot of mass but calisthenics is wheres its at is just want the cut look and just watch the fat in general.

I suggest you max out on pullups, dips, pushups and situps,

then include some set of lower body like lunges, squats, calf raises, to balance out the look. but def at least 3 days of week of running and maybe a day where you jump rope for 45 min or swim laps.

How much running would u suggest?
    I try to go for a good run as long as it's under 20mins (Don't want to burn calories i'm skinny as it is) so i aim for 2 miles 5mins a mile, to get the blood pumping.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I WISH i was just trying to CUT. Its easy

1)Core exercises: Dips, pull ups, diamond push-ups...then when you progress, get a weight vest and do these

2) You are what you eat! Its such a cliche that people forget its true. This means the small stuff. Mayonaise, cheese, etc., the LITTTLE things need to be eliminated.

Your diet should include little other than chicken ? , veggies, egg whites, oatmeal. The more you vary from that, the more every little detail shows

Bulkin is hard, cutting is easy. Low wieght, more reps

Dips almost single handedly transformed my body (pause). Dips dips dips, all day.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

dont ask how

6 ft 5 << 245

Burn more calories than you consume. Eat about 1,300 calories a day. Try to make most of it protein to minimize muscle loss. Do about 30 minutes of cardio AFTER 30 minutes of weight training.

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pieman wrote: »
    How much running would u suggest?
    I try to go for a good run as long as it's under 20mins (Don't want to burn calories i'm skinny as it is) so i aim for 2 miles 5mins a mile, to get the blood pumping.

I well actually was assumiing whomever wanted to go from being slightly overweight to a slimmer shape however since you are skinny I would still recommend the cardio. however if you are fast enough to run 5 minutes a mile then you are burning ways too many calories. a slower pace 7-10min mile would be fine and 2 should be enough distance wise. however since you are skinny I would recommend eating a lot of food, and healthy food loaded with protein and enough carb to refuel and build muscles....I dont recommend supplements or shake because I think they are unecessary, expensive, and maybe unhealth though this hasnt been proven yet.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Burn more calories than you consume. Eat about 1,300 calories a day. Try to make most of it protein to minimize muscle loss. Do about 30 minutes of cardio AFTER 30 minutes of weight training.

thats impossible

im too tall

my body burns 3500 a day doing nothing!
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    thats impossible

im too tall

my body burns 3500 a day doing nothing!

So it should be a lot easier for you B. Have you tried low carb, zero carb protein or even a meal replacement shake.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited January 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    So it should be a lot easier for you B. Have you tried low carb, zero carb protein or even a meal replacement shake.

im gonna start in 8 days when i get back to my schools free gym lol

but from what ive read here. i should just eat no carbs or fat .. eat about a little more than what i need to maintain

and run/ lift medium size weights alot of reps

and drink alot of water..

easy!!
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im gonna start in 8 days when i get back to my schools free gym lol

but from what ive read here. i should just eat no carbs or fat .. eat about a little more than what i need to maintain

and run/ lift medium size weights alot of reps

and drink alot of water..

easy!!

Just portion what you eat. best way to know what your specific portion is the size of your fist is all you eat.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Yeah, but like the other poster said, too many will make you fat. Unused carbs that aren't stored in muscle and liver glycogen, used by the brain, or as energy to move will be stored as fat.

What works for me is working my carbs around my workout. Some slow burning carbs maybe 1-2 hours before i lift like oatmeal (w/ honey, cinnamin) and a whey shake, lift weights, then have some slow carbs after with a shake. For the rest of the day, keep carbs as minimal as possible.

Alot of people like fast carbs immediately after lifting but that only made me have bigger muscles along with extra fat. I personally like slow carbs after (many may disagree tho).

As long as you're burning up the carbs during exercise and the spillover is used to build muscle (ie glycogen) then you are good.

No carbs are needed prior to cardio though.
  • pieman
    pieman Members Posts: 371
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I well actually was assumiing whomever wanted to go from being slightly overweight to a slimmer shape however since you are skinny I would still recommend the cardio. however if you are fast enough to run 5 minutes a mile then you are burning ways too many calories. a slower pace 7-10min mile would be fine and 2 should be enough distance wise. however since you are skinny I would recommend eating a lot of food, and healthy food loaded with protein and enough carb to refuel and build muscles....I dont recommend supplements or shake because I think they are unecessary, expensive, and maybe unhealth though this hasnt been proven yet.

Well i gave up tryin to put on any serious weight with my fast metabolism so i'm just goin to stick with getting cut.
    I'll try and slow down a bit to 7min a mile aswell