Weerd Science

Options
theneesh
theneesh Members Posts: 1
edited January 2011 in The Essence
Anyone here listen to him?

Since he released his 2-song mixtape last week, I've had "The Spawn of Lies Spun" on rotate. I can't get enuff of that track! It's a free download on http://weerdscience.bandcamp.com

Here's the 411-
[video=vimeo;1638716]

Weerd Science's real name is Josh Eppard and he's a renown rock drummer having helped create a new rock music subgenre- New Prog, with his previous bands Coheed and Cambria (Columbia Records) and 3 (Metal Blade Records). He's currently in a pop-rock supergroup, Terrible Things (Universal-Motown). They spent the year touring and released their debut record in August... but Josh has been MCing and making beats since he was a kid. His first Weerd Science record came out on Super Rap/Equal Vision Records in 2005, Friends and Nervous Breakdowns. His highly-anticipated follow-up LP, Sick Kids, is coming out this year on MC Lars' label, Horris Records.

Terrible Things were off the road for the holiday season and Josh (an infrequent twitter user) tweeted out of the blue last week that he NEEDED to work on some hip-hop, so he hooked up with his DJ (? Ern) and they busted out these two songs in dude's basement apartment, while keeping the fans updated via tweets. It was pretty dope... they posted photos and videos of WS writing, dropping rhymes in the "booth", and working out a song on acoustic guitar.

Weerd Science and his producer, Wavis, as well as DJ ? Ern were interviewed for this Upstate New York Hip-Hop documentary, "Beyond Gotham" in 2009. I rather enjoy hearing about how real those dudes are about hip-hop.