anybody in here up on %100 natural shea butter ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Weight Room
if so where do u usually get ya products .... post some links of some good distributors .

Comments

• DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fleamarket from the africans.... ? is 5.00

put it in the microwave and let it melt... Works wonders
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fleamarket from the africans.... ? is 5.00

put it in the microwave and let it melt... Works wonders

That actually lowers it's "potency".. But yeah I cop mine from the Africans or from this lil "natural" spot.. funny when I get it from the Africans it's like $5 but when I get from the "natural" spot it's like $12.. Black soap + shae butter FTW, females be appreciating the effort..
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That actually lowers it's "potency".. But yeah I cop mine from the Africans or from this lil "natural" spot.. funny when I get it from the Africans it's like $5 but when I get from the "natural" spot it's like $12.. Black soap + shae butter FTW, females be appreciating the effort..

Educate me on that
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    http://www.nasabb.com/

anybody ever copped from this site .... ? is all the authentic .

shea butter

black soap

honey oatmeal soap etc ..
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i jus copped some from the swap shop bout an hour ago

google
    lincuknight
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Educate me on that

What Is Shea Butter? Where Does It Come From?

Shea Butter is a 100% natural multi-purpose cream with vitamin A, E & F . It is a natural plant fat with exceptional moisturizing properties. Shea Butter also contains a significant fraction of unsaponifiables, which are reported to have many healing properties.

Shea Butter comes from the nuts of the Shea Tree, which grows naturally in 20 sub-Saharan Africa countries stretching from Guinea to Sudan and a section of East Africa where it has existed for centuries. It produces its first fruit when it is about 20 years old and reaches its full production when the tree is about 45 years old. It produces nuts for up to 200 years after reaching maturity.

History of Shea Butter Uses of Shea Butter Click for skincare and haircare tips & recipes
    Unrefined Shea Butter is naturally rich in a number of vitamins. Vitamins A, E, & F are the most popular.

Vitamin A & E - Balances and normalizes the skin. Helps keep it clear and healthy. Particularly beneficial for dry or sun-exposed skin. Vitamin A has soothing and hydrating properties. They provide healthy skin collagen which prevents premature wrinkles, premature ? lines and premature slackened skin.

Vitamin F - acts as a skin protector and revitalizer. It soothes rough, dry or chapped skin on contact and helps soften and revitalize dry or damaged hair. Vitamin F consists of linoleic, linolenic and arachidonic acids, the three essential fatty acids.

More on shea butter & black soap
    Shea Butter benefits include:

Evens skin tone & returns luster to skin & hair.

Absorbs quickly without leaving greasy residue like petroleum, beeswax or mineral oil based products.

Shea Butter moisturizes & protects skin & scalp Especially over processed & heat-treated hair.

Shea Butter doesn't clog pores & block hair shaft.

Revitalizes, softens & maintains skin moisture.

Naturally rich in vitamins A, E & F which are some essential vitamins needed for good skin balance.

Shea Butter penetrates deep into skin to help restore elasticity.

Shea Butter benefits your skin by keeping it clear & smooth.

Shea butter benefits include soothing some scalp & skin irritations.

Shea Butter is ... FLEXIBLE, LUSTROUS, PROTECTS, MOISTURIZES, REVITALIZES, RELAXES. REFRESHES, MAINTAINS SKIN & HAIR MOISTURE. Shea butter benefits to skin & hair are endless.

BUYER BEWARE: FAKE UNREFINED SHEA BUTTER: Hard, green or some awkward color, smells bad, mixed with various ingredients.
    TYPES OF SHEA BUTTER: UNREFINED: Pure, straight from nature. REFINED: bleached but has some of it's original components intact. PROCESSED/INDUSTRIALIZED: Stripped of its natural components. Non natural components like hexane is added to yield more shea butter.
    It is also expensive.

http://www.nasabb.com/
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anybody know if this better than proactiv?
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anybody know if this better than proactiv?

proactiv aint nothin but toothpaste and window dressing
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    proactiv aint nothin but toothpaste and window dressing
    yea, but thats been keeping me good for 5 years. so do you wash yo face with the black soap and moisturize with the shea butter or moisturizer?
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So do you wash your face with the black soap and then follow up with the shay butter.

Is the black soap better than the honey oatmeal soap?
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    http://www.butters-n-bars.com/

she has pretty good products in general and at good prices. i usually only use it regularly in the winter when I have the most skin issues
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    http://www.butters-n-bars.com/

she has pretty good products in general and at good prices. i usually only use it regularly in the winter when I have the most skin issues

What you normally get?
  • marie addams
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What you normally get?

usually a pound of shea for 8 bux (quite a bit) and a lbs of black soap. I dont use either on my face though. shea butter is way too heavy especially if your skin is already oily. but a lot of people swear by the black soap for acne and acne scars though.
    baking soda is actually awesome for acne and dirt cheap
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    usually a pound of shea for 8 bux (quite a bit) and a lbs of black soap. I dont use either on my face though. shea butter is way too heavy especially if your skin is already oily. but a lot of people swear by the black soap for acne and acne scars though.
    baking soda is actually awesome for acne and dirt cheap

So whats good for daily ? use? and i thought the moisturzer was for body use, so what is the butter for?
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I love shea butter. My woman ordered us some, last week.
  • marie addams
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So whats good for daily ? use? and i thought the moisturzer was for body use, so what is the butter for?

the butter is the moisturizer, it's technically for body use but some people like to use it on their faces *shrug* it's just way to heavy for me. What is your skin like? oily? dry? both?
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the butter is the moisturizer, it's technically for body use but some people like to use it on their faces *shrug* it's just way to heavy for me. What is your skin like? oily? dry? both?

oily, and the moisturizer is different from the butter. Look:

http://nasabb.3dcartstores.com/Shea-Butter-Products_c_11.html
  • marie addams
    edited January 2011
    Options
    oily, and the moisturizer is different from the butter. Look:

http://nasabb.3dcartstores.com/Shea-Butter-Products_c_11.html

oh that's just something that particular seller whipped up on their own. idk anything about it. most likely they thinned it out and put it in a formula more similar to lotion or an oil.
    if your skin is oily you need an oil free moisturizer, you usually cannot go wrong with anything by nutrogena.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    exotic nut oils?
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    oh that's just something that particular seller whipped up on their own. idk anything about it. most likely they thinned it out and put it in a formula more similar to lotion or an oil.
    if your skin is oily you need an oil free moisturizer, you usually cannot go wrong with anything by nutrogena.

Nah, i aint ? with nutrogena. i prolly try hers, and if it dont work just stay with proactiv
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah I wash my face with REAL black soap and then follow up with shea butter.. Remember with the shea butter you only need like a fingertips worth cause it spreads really well and more than that your face will be shining like a crispy kreme donut lol.. As far as the black soap make sure to read the ingredients, there should be NO chemicals listed. It also should be black with inconsistent streaks of tan.. When you use it it should feel slightly gritty because the authentic type has the burned leaves of cocoa palms in it.. You can use it as you do normal soap, I just prefer using it on my face only.. Also yeah if you've got oily skin then you probably don't wanna use shea butter much..
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i never messed wit shea butter..i use 100% coconut oil for everything....? works wonders
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    my brother uses black soap...for his skin..he had mild acne...it works good
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    black soap is that ? , that real ? !

but i been going natural the past 2 years, nothing touches my face besides water
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    black soap is that ? , that real ? !

but i been going natural the past 2 years, nothing touches my face besides water

How You Clean Yo Face?