Adele

Options
soulatlantic
soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
edited June 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
i hope you guys are getting familiar with her, cause she's a real diamond in the rough. her new album 21 comes out February 22 and it is incredible. it's so soulful i get chills reminiscent to that of when i first heard Aretha.

if you need some idea of what i'm talking about, check out the video for the first single Rolling in the Deep. this song is dark, bluesy disco gospel. it's incredible.

she's got soul, so don't sleep on her!

http://bit.ly/hTxhHy

pre-order 21 here: http://bit.ly/frXIzd

Comments

• YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited January 2011
    Options
    her first album 19 was cool...
  • pieman
    pieman Members Posts: 371
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I honestly can't stand the fat ? ever since that chasin pavements song or whatever it is.

Either way she's bein awarded album of the year already in the UK for her new one
  • dimples
    dimples Members Posts: 29
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pieman wrote: »
    I honestly can't stand the fat ? ever since that chasin pavements song or whatever it is.

Either way she's bein awarded album of the year already in the UK for her new one

Lol! Her new album's actually really good. Bought it today. It's much better than her 1st. And chasing pavements was a great song :-p
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Diamond in the rough, the ? won two Grammy's for doing what black soul singers have been doing for years. smh
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited January 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Diamond in the rough, the ? won two Grammy's for doing what black soul singers have been doing for years. smh

she didn't win any Grammys for R&B. she won best new artist and a pop one.
    she'll hopefully get some more for this album. it's a masterpiece. seriously give 21 a listen before you take more shots at her.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

• pieman
    pieman Members Posts: 371
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dimples wrote: »
    Lol! Her new album's actually really good. Bought it today. It's much better than her 1st. And chasing pavements was a great song :-p

lol chasing pavements was a horrible song!
    She was unlucky not to hit number 1 with her new one
    she didn't win any Grammys for R&B. she won best new artist and a pop one.
    she'll hopefully get some more for this album. it's a masterpiece. seriously give 21 a listen before you take more shots at her.

I'm not sayin it ain't a good album trust me, it's number 1 in 14 countries.
    she's just not my type
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bump

she's currently my favorite singer in any genre....tons of potential
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ the adele hate. So name me some of these black soul singers that make better songs than her. Matter of fact name me 5 singers that sing better than her. Her music is very hit or miss to me but the songs I do like I like a lot. She's a great artist and I think she sounds better live than she does on a track...
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea man, I heard her song for the first time on the radio the other day. She's got so much soul in her voice, its unreal
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Adele>>>>Marsha
  • J. Rob
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ the adele hate. So name me some of these black soul singers that make better songs than her. Matter of fact name me 5 singers that sing better than her. Her music is very hit or miss to me but the songs I do like I like a lot. She's a great artist and I think she sounds better live than she does on a track...

LOL yeah....the hate is coming mostly from

1.) Racists who don't want to admit that she has more soul than a lot of black singers out right now

2.) Salty stans of non-singing ass Pop artists (Adele is currently ? on them in every category...vocally, critically AND commercially LOL)

3.) People who hate the fact that an average looking fat British woman is getting this type of praise. For some reason, happy and confident fat celebrities really irk people in this country. LOL It's ? ? if you ask me.

but regardless of all that, Adele is winning. Haters can stay mad
  • garv
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hill St Soul, Goapele, Bilal, Raphael Sadiq, Erykah Badu, she is talented though, but white soul singers tend to get the push over their back counteparts in the Uk, thats why you would have heard of Adele, but you probably would have never heard of Lyden David Hall.
  • Dreams & Egos
    Dreams & Egos Members Posts: 365
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Her new album 21 is CRAZY! I listen to it all the time:) That chic can sang!
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Hill St Soul, Goapele, Bilal, Raphael Sadiq, Erykah Badu, she is talented though, but white soul singers tend to get the push over their back counteparts in the Uk, thats why you would have heard of Adele, but you probably would have never heard of Lyden David Hall.

Lynden David Hall, massive talent and a huge loss for soul music. Rest in peace.

Innit, Britain has a lot of talented black soul/R&B singers but they always get thrown in the 'just another black soul/R&B singer' category and that's it. When a white soul/R&B singer rolls around however the praise comes flooding in: 'Damn that girl can sing', 'That girl has so much soul', 'She sounds black!', etc. There is the novelty factor of it plus the artist and record label doesn't have to worry about 'crossing over'. It happens every time. British record labels are hopeless when it comes to marketing black soul and R&B singers. It was the same case with black British Hip Hop/Grime artists until they decided to start rapping over Dance tracks instead.

Adele just reminds me of the likes of Dido, Duffy and Susan Boyle: perfectly pleasant people but massively dull and nothing exciting or interesting about them or their music whatsoever. That is usually the type of music that ends up going on to sell millions, usually bought by the truckload from supermarkets by leafy suburban living types who don't like or listen to music but need something to play at dinner parties. Though I can't knock people for liking what they like, 21 to me sounds overpolished, packaged and ready to be pushed out as a product.
  • J. Rob
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lynden David Hall, massive talent and a huge loss for soul music. Rest in peace.

Innit, Britain has a lot of talented black soul/R&B singers but they always get thrown in the 'just another black soul/R&B singer' category and that's it. When a white soul/R&B singer rolls around however the praise comes flooding in: 'Damn that girl can sing', 'That girl has so much soul', 'She sounds black!', etc. There is the novelty factor of it plus the artist and record label doesn't have to worry about 'crossing over'. It happens every time. British record labels are hopeless when it comes to marketing black soul and R&B singers. It was the same case with black British Hip Hop/Grime artists until they decided to start rapping over Dance tracks instead.

I understand that, but people seem to take their frustration out on the artists instead of the industry.....you can't blame Adele, or Amy Winehouse, or Joss Stone for their record label pushing them instead black soul singers
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Adele>>>>Marsha

true story........ while they're on the same playing field as far as talent is concerned I think marhsa's album was overrated
  • garv
    edited May 2011
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    I understand that, but people seem to take their frustration out on the artists instead of the industry.....you can't blame Adele, or Amy Winehouse, or Joss Stone for their record label pushing them instead black soul singers

Yeah very true.
  • garv
    edited May 2011
    Options

Adele just reminds me of the likes of Dido, Duffy and Susan Boyle: perfectly pleasant people but massively dull and nothing exciting or interesting about them or their music whatsoever. That is usually the type of music that ends up going on to sell millions, usually bought by the truckload from supermarkets by leafy suburban living types who don't like or listen to music but need something to play at dinner parties. Though I can't knock people for liking what they like, 21 to me sounds overpolished, packaged and ready to be pushed out as a product.

Yeah i feel you, thats probably why Simon Cowell saw pound sings when Cher was on X Factor, even though talent wise she was horrible.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Her songs get publicly ruined regardless of her talent, she's the most played artist on tv shows and it's a shame because the songs just get ruined. (UK)
  • icollaClizina
    icollaClizina Members Posts: 4
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Anyway, most of the time you last will and testament discover in view that you simply cannot sacrifice to contain them. Pinnacle Ward alfresco showers are appropriate a groovy, affordable luxury for homeowners looking to commune with nature. I know it's incomprehensible to on up with something novel, but I not quite think recycling the same looks is something that should be considered genius, price for chanel 3way clutch, gucci shoes size 35. You should be proficient to shop from your own closet. A assortment of designers, instead of their part, accept also adopted measures to insure that their products are in unison with environment-friendly standards. Discover up with something up to date if you really have a yen for to start fashion tendencies that may insert round in return more than five minutes; how to tell a fake louie vuitton wallet, where to get gucci shoes repaired.
    They think up taste benefit of every daytime dislike in behalf of affordable process. Women have craze to likeness the latest hair styles of their pre-eminent stars. They went in of fashion in support of a excuse and they should be allowed to indolence in; dolce gabbana handbag replica, emily deschanel and boots. Distinctly from them, belts, watches, and main part arts are also being used these days as mode accessories. History of the fashion belts: Although the strip history started in the bronze age but that leisure it was reach-me-down as male clothing accessories only. Apprehend chattels that looks good on you and your portion transcribe: clearance designer handbag, fendi mens shoes.
    We've seen some chief brands acknowledge customers to sketch out and make their own shoes and attire items. Aside from runway shows, the experience also features conventions and symposia as venues for in-depth discussions give sustainable the go practices. I identify it is the upcoming style nowadays but I can't elapse on this, and I disposition chortle if I catch sight of you wearing this; how to clean leather coach bags, chanel shoes size 11. You will be given a walk of the most popular fashion shops located in the pity of the life prominent Milan's The rage District. In good shape unlikely customers clear cosmic sums for clothes, worker bags, shoes and finery unbiased because they play up perform a designation with a notable handle of the venerated artist or stylist on it. Look at purse handbag bag louis vuitton, toddler prada shoes.
    All of us like to advised of the latest styles and have up with the fashion trends. It can make an equipment utterly different in style instead of a excess looking. Why do we have to go to the happy hunting-grounds back and revisit a decade that we happily nautical port behindv fairytale original handbags, jimmy two shoes season 2. The real hearsay and gossips of stars are a particular of the essential reasons behind the trendiness of these magazines. The Italian fashion system, the biography of fashion in Italy, fashion trends, famous brands, famous designers, the role of vogue and the latest thing merchandising. Come up with something fashionable if you in actuality long to start fashion tendencies that may stick about in compensation more than five minutes; balenciaga lariat bag, christian louboutin black.
    If you are a estimable reader of mode interdependent magazines, you should stab to deliver assign to some famous magazines like Fad, Elle and Gold Coast. That being said, hire out's take a look at what we value determination be the create locale guidelines that will order the imaginative year.Fashion is something that about every woman follows. We are waiting benefit of chanel cambon cc bag mailing offers, christian louboutin straw pumps. Millions of viewers cause been waiting in search this website to be launched and it has just arrived. There are sundry other online communities within reach on internet that may control Asian fashion fiddle-faddle or even Japanese the craze stuff, but then the most substantial point that emerges in joined's disregard is that what is so primary at My Asian Manner that a particular should throw one's lot in with this community? As undoubtedly as I'm concerned, the latest fashion trends musical me how teeny-weeny imagination approach designers can secure: authentic coach handbags on sale, replica louis vuitton white shoes multicolor.
  • J. Rob
    edited May 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Her songs get publicly ruined regardless of her talent, she's the most played artist on tv shows and it's a shame because the songs just get ruined. (UK)

yeah...Rolling In The Deep is currently exploding on the charts over here in the US. It's definitely going to be a #1 hit over here within the next 2 or 3 weeks and it'll probably be played all summer long.
  • il nonno
    il nonno Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    love the new album
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    true story........ while they're on the same playing field as far as talent is concerned I think marhsa's album was overrated

Adele is overrated. She ain't doin ? that Amy Winehouse ain't already did....only difference is Adele is sober. They both good, but I personally prefer Joss Stone over of them both