So whats the endgame to the anthem protests?

Options
farris2k1
farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
Posted this in the kap thread but it got lost in the shuffle, how does this all play out?? Does the nfl end it somehow? Do ppl kneeling eventually just say ? it? Do both sides come to some agreement? What yall think? I have no idea, ? i think ppl on both sides have zero idea, trump speaking about it brought it to its peak and if he keeps up i could almost see the nfl doing something but at the same time that would be a horrible move by them to say force players to stand or something like that, very complicated situation

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think some players will continue to kneel all season. If Trump talks more ? n does more name calling. More players will kneel. and it will prolly go on all season.

But if it starts to negatively effect the NFL's bottom line (profits). I could see the NFL approach the NFLPA and try to collectively bargain that the NFL players have to stand, as part of the CBA.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It gets people talking"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    To hopefully ? up enough money to eventually force change.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Things will go back to normal Sunday. NFL won't allow that to happen every week, bank on it.
  • farris2k1
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    I think some players will continue to kneel all season. If Trump talks more ? n does more name calling. More players will kneel. and it will prolly go on all season.

But if it starts to negatively effect the NFL's bottom line (profits). I could see the NFL approach the NFLPA and try to collectively bargain that the NFL players have to stand, as part of the CBA.

I agree i think this is probley the most realistic scenario
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    They'll keep doing it till Trump finally pulls off his wig in a fit of rage and eats it for lunch on live TV.

on a light note, that would be awesome....I would forgive America and Trump at that very moment and go back to my sheep routine

Max. wrote: »
    "It gets people talking"

on a serious note, thats all its meant to do......"getting people talking" sounds pointless but its about awareness and making the people that wanna support the ? behind the scenes have to either take the mask off or eat their words and die internally (not really but they're very uncomfortable right now).

• marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Things will go back to normal Sunday. NFL won't allow that to happen every week, bank on it.

back normal this sunday. ? . legally you can not make someone stand for the anthem. but as I said the NFL n NFLPA could collectively bargain it into the CBA
  • farris2k1
    edited September 2017
    Options

If trump continues to talk mad ? then more players will kneel, we wont see anything like last sunday again tho id imagine...unless he ? on everybody protesting again, and with him its very possible
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theyll just make players wait in the locker room
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats the point of people talking when only one side wants to hear themselves talk?

these are issues that white folk wont talk about and will use everything else wrong in the world instead of blaming themselves for not doing enough.

some of these athletes are fukk boys as well.

i hear when people say alot of them have foundations and such but they should be the main ones making a statement...otherwise whats the point of your foundation? to help people you gotta lead by example of standing up for your rights and as a man.

while i understand those who just want to go to work.
    alot of them ? wont lose sponsors...cuz they dont have them to begin with.
  • HafBayked
    Options

wait for the camera tricks or blackouts

either not showing the players during the anthem at all, or plugging in some patriotic video long enough to cover the song and then back to the broadcast
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options

that's a issue to, cuz some players dont want to wait in the locker room. some view that a disrespect to the flag.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

that's a issue to, cuz some players dont want to wait in the locker room. some view that a disrespect to the flag.

Well they come out. An stand if they chose...but nfl cant give this anymore ink
  • Stew
    Options

back normal this sunday. ? . legally you can not make someone stand for the anthem. but as I said the NFL n NFLPA could collectively bargain it into the CBA

I meant for the league as a whole. I know certain individuals will continue to do it.
  • Stew
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »

either not showing the players during the anthem at all, or plugging in some patriotic video long enough to cover the song and then back to the broadcast

That's all the league has to do is not show it at all. Check mate for everyone.
  • farris2k1
    edited September 2017
    Options

Lol honestly im suprised they havent done that already, but i can guarantee youd have some ? complaining about them not showing it on tv anymore
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

then trump claims victory
  • Stew
    Options

How? He wants everyone to be all patriotic nshit. This will only solve the NFL business issue, nobody elses.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The players should continue to protest and make sure they mention the original reasons as well. This is bigger than a game.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A quick realistic result is the NFL dedicating a month to racial inequality awareness, same as they have for BC, DV, LGBT, Military etc etc.

Get to talking about it in the open instead of brushing it under the rug. Can't remember who said it but America is still afraid to have the race talk. Too many white Americans are unaffected to give an honest damn and those in power definitely don't want ? to change.

And I'm not talk BHM where they acknowledge AA contributions, I'm talking about conversations dealing with ? going on now. Kaep, Charlottesville, all of these cops getting off with murder. It'll be a huge step in the right direction
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

How? He wants everyone to be all patriotic nshit. This will only solve the NFL business issue, nobody elses.

he will say ....he made them turn the off an hurt the business so the players wont get paid. no one wants to see a protest....so i had them shut off. they were unpatriotic
  • HafBayked
    Options
    I could see that......and those supporters believing it

nothing anyone can do about that part tho, you just cant fix stupid
  • Stew
    Options

he will say ....he made them turn the off an hurt the business so the players wont get paid. no one wants to see a protest....so i had them shut off. they were unpatriotic

Yea I guess, pictures and ? will still be spread via social media instantly.