Would You Be Upset If Your Favorite Rapper Used His Phone During A Cypher?

Options
2»

Comments

• L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    No because it's just entertainment man. It's not real.

What difference does it make to me if he's reading it off a notepad in the booth or phone ? Half these artists don't write their own songs and 80% of them aren't who they portray themselves to be. To me it's just music and entertainment, I'm not listening to music ? off that Jay-Z didn't ? all those people we thought he did SMMFH.

I've said this in a previous thread but if you're main profession is to rhyme for a living at least memorize the words man
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    ? don't know how hard it is spitting off top

Its easy when you're hangin out with the fellas drinking and smoking.

But when somebody puts you live on the radio the stakes are so high that a lot of rappers crumble under pressure. Thats why its better to recite writtens.

I've seen people freestyle in a cipher, and then you rent out a studio and put that same rapper in front of a microphone and he draws a blank.

The audience matters. The mind is alot more relaxed when you bullshitting in the whip w your boyz. Knowing every word will be heard and criticized by your fans n haters is a whole other monster. Back in the day me n my ? would have crazy freestyling sessions in the 92 Honda civic hatchback. Then go to a party n freestyle against other dudes in front of ? n other dudes n is much different. Can't imagine trying to impress the world on hot 97...oh..no idc if raps are read off phone, long as is hot. Freestyling is not for everyone, word to " gold headphones, gold chains"
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.. I'd rather freestyle off my phone than be Nelly right now.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? an black thought?

really?

so jeremy lin squaring up with kobe now?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stamped in this game n has other ? Poppin, let him cook
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly. For all we know he coulda wrote that ? the night before and gave you a nice lil preview. Plus i think he's putting more time into trying to get acting gigs these days, so i doubt his main priority these days is sitting in the house memorizing rhymes.

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...but it's funny, i woulda said reading rhymes of your phone is wack before I seen ? ? it in this clip. I didn't even know it was possible to flow like that while reading, i thought you'd have to memorize that ? first.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't see this thread. I mean sure I wish he didn't have the phone but somehow I don't really care. You could say I'm being a hypocrite but this was enjoyable because they killed this ? while Troy Ave and Drake and whoever else are struggle rappers or have ghostwriters and looked like they didn't stand a chance without a phone. Not the case with ? . It's not like you can't find plenty videos of ? killing freestyles or written verses phone-less. Dude is certified. Maybe he just wrote that. And he didn't try to hide the phone behind his water bottle like Troy Ave wack ass lmao
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Super wack, aint no saving that ? bruh.

Its like when cannibus pulled out that notebook at that rap battle...damn

Damn cam....
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

" Letting ? cook" is what's got unskilled, untalented ? running around saying aye and skkkrrt all over tracks now. I'm not saying ? gotta come off the dome with classics, but it shouldn't be too much to ask for a rapper
    to have 16 ready when you go to the radio
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »

" Letting ? cook" is what's got unskilled, untalented ? running around saying aye and skkkrrt all over tracks now. I'm not saying ? gotta come off the dome with classics, but it shouldn't be too much to ask for a rapper

This man a legend and wasn't even up there to promote rap, dude has nothing to prove to u ? . Let him cook cuz he's paid his dues, lol @ him being unprofessional, ? would probably slap the ? outta u if u said that in person

Plus what's it even matter? If he said the same ? on an album ud love it.
  • Inglewood_Fatty
    Inglewood_Fatty Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless you call yourself the freestyle king or something of that nature then idc if it’s prewritten or if you read it off your phone as long as it’s dope
  • BobOblah
    Options
    I watched this ? so many times today. Got me hype for new Wu this month and new Roots soon
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Unless you call yourself the freestyle king or something of that nature then idc if it’s prewritten or if you read it off your phone as long as it’s dope

^more concise version of what I was saying. We clowned some other phone freestyles because they were reading and they were still trash
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? is old an his brain is only like 40 mb. he got hits for days

aint like drake....? was young, no history an reading his ?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosign.

Every rapper should have three verses (or twenty) memorized that aren't on his albums. Then if somebody steps to him and wants to battle he has a full clip.

We all know that rumor of when Canibus battled Wu Tang in the Atlanta parking lot. They say he took out the Clan one by one because he had all of his verses memorized, albeit they were probably verses that later appeared on his album.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Cosign.

Every rapper should have three verses (or twenty) memorized that aren't on his albums. Then if somebody steps to him and wants to battle he has a full clip.

We all know that rumor of when Canibus battled Wu Tang in the Atlanta parking lot. They say he took out the Clan one by one because he had all of his verses memorized, albeit they were probably verses that later appeared on his album.

This man a legend and wasn't even up there to promote rap, dude has nothing to prove to u ? . Let him cook cuz he's paid his dues, lol @ him being unprofessional, ? would probably slap the ? outta u if u said that in person

Plus what's it even matter? If he said the same ? on an album ud love it.

1. Sensitive ass ? . The thread says " would you"......not "give passes for legends"
    2. .what rapper goes on Sway, NOT to rhyme?
    3. All that extra he paid dues ? is irrelevant. Nobody challenged his status as a legend
    4. @ him probably slapping the ? out of me, LMAO!! Get off that man's nuts ?
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought ? typed that right there on the spot tho