SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is this weekends champ (wk 26) * THE BATTLE ROYAL ADDITION *

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Reason
Welcome back y'all, it's about to go down, best song battle on the net Saturday mornings. If all the songs posted were on the radio at the same time which station would you keep it on?

OK y'all, it's time to get it on! Last week Jay's "can i live?" Took down Cam and the Dipset to get to this fourth week and y'all all know what that means....Can I live gotta stand in the middle of the ring against 2-4 other challengers! No more talking let's do this

In this corner we have our champ Jay with CAN I LIVE!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-pGXK8Gls

And in this corner we have Snoop doggy Dogg with THE ? !!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qM4jmjhYH_I

And in corner number three we have Nas ladies and gentlemen REPRESENT!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYkDwzi-FI

In corner four we have the Notorious B.I.G back for another try, this time he's UNBELIEVABLE!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8XKhw7lfMe0

And the last song we have is Scarface who bought his boy Cube wit him....HAND OF THE DEAD BODY!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJDmot0gls

I hope these are enough heavyweights for you voters that was getting at me last week.....VOTE OR DIE FELLAS!!

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is this weekends champ (wk 26) * THE BATTLE ROYAL ADDITION * 24 votes

Can I Live
33%
dalyricalbanditsouthsil4lil5th Lettermindrightdouble0sugeGetoBoyTheGOAT90's Era 8 votes
The ?
20%
dwade206THE_R_IbexDR. JEKbck145 5 votes
Represent
16%
a_listits....JOHN B5 GrandRevolver Ocelot 4 votes
Unbelievable
20%
lion_heart*~queenbee~*achewon87thagreat45Built 4 cuban linx 5 votes
Hand of the dead body
8%
[Deleted User]T. Sanford 2 votes

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I Live
    That sample just too smooth
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unbelievable
    DJ Premier: “I almost didn’t make the record. Big called me at the last minute, and said, ‘Get me a track,’ and I told him, ‘I don’t have time to make one.’ I had other deadlines to meet at the time. He was on his way to blow up, and I loved him, and I wanted to help, but I really just didn’t have the time. I used to see Big in the area all the time. Just to hang. Mister Cee put me on to Big, and we would go down to the store where we used to buy 40s. We’ll see Big, and he’ll be like, ‘Yo, what do I got to do to get put on?’ And I said, ‘Well, you messing with Puff.’ And he’s like, ‘Yeah, but he’s taking too long.’ And I would be like, ‘Nah, stay with him. He’s going to help you get rich.’ He was just impatient like all artists, but it’s a process.

“So he just kept pushing me like, ‘Yo, Prim, please, please, I ain’t got no more money in my budget. All I got is $5,000.’ And I’m like, ‘Dude, I cost way more than that, but I love you, and I’m going to go ahead and look out for you. Just get up here tonight.’ And I did that beat. He was here. Standing right over there [points at the corner next to the turntable] while I was sampling the beat, and goes, ‘I just want to watch [imitates Biggie’s breathing].’ [Laughs.] I don’t like people watching me making my beats, but with Big I was just comfortable. He was actually the one who said, ‘Yo, scratch R. Kelly’s ‘Your Body's Callin'.’ You know where he goes, ‘Unbelievable~’’ And I was like, ‘Yo, that sounds like it’ll work.’ Then he just went in there and spit it. No paper, no nothing. He actually just sits there for hours. And you’d think he’s not doing anything, or even concentrating, and then when it’s getting damn near three or four in the morning, you ask him, ‘Dude, are we going to do this tonight? Or are we coming back tomorrow?’ He’ll be like, ‘Nah, I’m ready.’ And he just gets up, and goes in there. Bangs it. Done.”
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ?
    The ? was a freestyle turned into a song. Snoop in his prime pure Goatness
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    The ?
    I like that @achewon87

Liked it so much it made me wonder if the Snoop joint had a backstory

I found the DOC interview

“Snoop Dogg, when I worked with him earlier in his career, that’s how created his stuff… he would freestyle, he wasn’t a writer then, he was a freestyler,” and The D.O.C. states, “Snoop’s [rap] was a one take ? , but his ? was all freestyle. He hadn’t written nothing down. He just came in and started busting. The song was "Tha ? "—that was all freestyle. He started busting and when we got to the break, Dre cut the machine off, did the chorus and told Snoop to come back in. He did that throughout the record. That’s when Snoop was in the zone then.”
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    The ?
    Come on y'all

25 damn votes last week so I know we can do better than seven people wtf!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Can I Live
    Can I
    Unbelievable
    Represent
    The ?
    Hand of the dead body
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Can I Live
    Can i live
    Hand of Dead Body
    ?
    Represent
    Biggie
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hand of the dead body
    I'm down with Khalid Abdul Muhammad
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Represent
    Represent
    Unbelievable
    Hand of the dead body
    Can I live
    ?

? is a party anthem but Snoop’s nursery rhymes isn’t holding up with the other 4
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Represent
    Represent
    Unbelievable
    Can I Live
    ?
    Hand of the Dead Body
  • thagreat45
    thagreat45 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Options
    Unbelievable
    Really? Man none of these songs ? ' wit the hard lyricism of biggie specially that second verse. Maybe for some of you NaSlims yes but still. That was Big at his best.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    The ?
    Upping for votes! Given the type of songs involved and we had 25 voters just for the Dipset being involved last week I know we can do better than 16 votes. Let's get a few more
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Can I Live
    Do Straight From the Dec by Ghetto Mafia nxt week
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Represent
    Represent
    Unbelievable
    Hand of the dead body
    Can I live
    ?

? is a party anthem but Snoop’s nursery rhymes isn’t holding up with the other 4

Thats how I always felt. People say Snoop's flow is so incredible, but he's not really saying much. Especially when you compare him to Nas and Illmatic which was out around the same time.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Represent
    Before the BDP conflict with MC Shan
    Around the time when Shante dissed the Real Roxxane
    I used to wake up every mornin, see my crew on the block
    Every day's a different plan that had us runnin from cops
    If it wasn't hangin out in front of ? spots
    We was at the candy factory, breakin the locks
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ?
    Smh, this ? trying to start a ? riot in this ?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ?
    The ? is playing in the intro on Ready To Die. I’m just saying Biggie knew what was up
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Represent
    achewon87 wrote: »
    DJ Premier: “I almost didn’t make the record. Big called me at the last minute, and said, ‘Get me a track,’ and I told him, ‘I don’t have time to make one.’ I had other deadlines to meet at the time. He was on his way to blow up, and I loved him, and I wanted to help, but I really just didn’t have the time. I used to see Big in the area all the time. Just to hang. Mister Cee put me on to Big, and we would go down to the store where we used to buy 40s. We’ll see Big, and he’ll be like, ‘Yo, what do I got to do to get put on?’ And I said, ‘Well, you messing with Puff.’ And he’s like, ‘Yeah, but he’s taking too long.’ And I would be like, ‘Nah, stay with him. He’s going to help you get rich.’ He was just impatient like all artists, but it’s a process.

“So he just kept pushing me like, ‘Yo, Prim, please, please, I ain’t got no more money in my budget. All I got is $5,000.’ And I’m like, ‘Dude, I cost way more than that, but I love you, and I’m going to go ahead and look out for you. Just get up here tonight.’ And I did that beat. He was here. Standing right over there [points at the corner next to the turntable] while I was sampling the beat, and goes, ‘I just want to watch [imitates Biggie’s breathing].’ [Laughs.] I don’t like people watching me making my beats, but with Big I was just comfortable. He was actually the one who said, ‘Yo, scratch R. Kelly’s ‘Your Body's Callin'.’ You know where he goes, ‘Unbelievable~’’ And I was like, ‘Yo, that sounds like it’ll work.’ Then he just went in there and spit it. No paper, no nothing. He actually just sits there for hours. And you’d think he’s not doing anything, or even concentrating, and then when it’s getting damn near three or four in the morning, you ask him, ‘Dude, are we going to do this tonight? Or are we coming back tomorrow?’ He’ll be like, ‘Nah, I’m ready.’ And he just gets up, and goes in there. Bangs it. Done.”

I could of went either way with this or Represent, Primo got a good story about represent too don’t he?
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    The ?
    achewon87 wrote: »

I could of went either way with this or Represent, Primo got a good story about represent too don’t he?

I'm sure he do. It would be cool if we add that back story to this thread. Represent woulda been what I voted for if the ? wasn't an option. That's my favorite illmatic song. Actually each of these are my favs that would get me hype on each of they classic albums(D'evils woulda been my RD representative tho)
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    The ?
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Represent
    Unbelievable
    Hand of the dead body
    Can I live
    ?

Thats how I always felt. People say Snoop's flow is so incredible, but he's not really saying much. Especially when you compare him to Nas and Illmatic which was out around the same time.

I disagree. I mean dude ain't saying no Canibus type ? but wit a flow that perfect for that kinda beat only Snoop in his prime could pull that off.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    The ?
    Ima leave this up one more hour for one or two more votes.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I Live
    This was tough but "Can I Live" always had my attention since the 1st time I ever heard it. the beat, the flow, the chorus all too ill...
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ?
    I LISTEN TO THE ? MORE THAN ANY THE OTHER TRACKS IN 2017 TBH.

ALL CLASSICS THO.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Can I Live
    And the winner is Hov (my man) speechhh