'Creed' - 2015 Michael B Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Options

Comments

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    the thing that resonated the most to me was the melancholy undercurrent of sly performance, i thought it was the best part because ive been there watching the whole time -- that was the briliance of this movie, it was all there -- you can actually see the passage of time in a mans life, from where he started to all the way facing his own end and losing those around him along the way

i cant think of something like that ever happening before in film, where you aged with it

as for the movie itself, it was cool but i left thinking if i would continue to pursue a woman knowing that she would go deaf in the near future more then anything

on some imdb ? i give it 7.2

You have a great point about us seeing the passage of time in a man's life and I'd extend that to the entire franchise if that wasn't already your point. I don't know of another franchise where you see a man go from young to old touching on various stages in life. Now we have Luke and crew in Star Wars, but there were no steps between young and old. The Rocky movies actually have a lot of parallels to Sly's acting career. I don't have time to expound on it now, but something to ponder.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Creed 2, he better be like his Daddy, undefeated and super cocky

He already caught a L bruh. Did you not watch the movie?

And he's already super cocky. That's why his ass got knocked out and lose his mustang.

that was a tie to me

How was him getting KOd a tie
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

And he's already super cocky. That's why his ass got knocked out and lose his mustang.

that was a tie to me

in the last fight?

im not talking about when ward got him, strictly hte last fight
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that was a tie to me

in the last fight?

281.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that was a tie to me

in the last fight?

281.gif

The early rounds he was getting whipped.

And then they was going back and forth.

He knew he caught the L when Ricky got up.

You know the old saying in boxing. You gotta knock the champ out to win.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    They need to do a sequel like Godfather 2. Half is Creed preparing for his fight with Drago Jr, and the other half Apollo Creed Back story. How he started boxing and became Champ

Apollo Creed could very well be making an appearance in the Creed sequel and that would be awesome.

The latest edition of the Rocky series, Creed, recently made its debut and it really was a rousing success. While some people like to bash on select editions of the Rocky series, this was not one of them, as it gave us a new-age twist to everything that just made it all fresh once again.

Of course, when movie is successful, that means a sequel will be on the way and that’s the case here with Creed as well. And in this sequel, one of the more famous Rocky characters of all-time could be seen once again — Apollo Creed himself.

No, he’s not a zombie or anything, but they would like to do some flashback sequences with the man that was brutally killed by Ivan Drago in the ring in Rocky IV (THROW THAT DAMN TOWEL, ROCKY!), as Sylvester Stallone himself let that cat out of the bag.

Via Variety:

One version of the story would take place in the past, which would mean — in a surprise that would energize the franchise’s fans — bringing back Carl Weathers to play Apollo Creed, who died in 1985’s “Rocky IV.” “Ryan has some ideas of going forward and backward and actually seeing Rocky and Apollo together,” Stallone revealed. “Think of ‘The Godfather 2.’ That’s what he was thinking of, which was kind of ambitious.” Stallone said he’d recently bumped into Weathers, who looked like he was still in good shape. “I can’t believe I got in the ring with him,” he says. “Even if it was play fighting.”

Really, who’s going to argue with this? Apollo Creed is one of the most beloved movie characters of all-time, so if you can get Weathers to make an appearance, this can really bring nothing but good things, especially since everything now revolves around Creed’s son.

http://fansided.com/2016/01/05/apollo-creed-creed-2-appearance-rumors/?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=si.com

Damm, I'm good
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    the thing that resonated the most to me was the melancholy undercurrent of sly performance, i thought it was the best part because ive been there watching the whole time -- that was the briliance of this movie, it was all there -- you can actually see the passage of time in a mans life, from where he started to all the way facing his own end and losing those around him along the way

i cant think of something like that ever happening before in film, where you aged with it

as for the movie itself, it was cool but i left thinking if i would continue to pursue a woman knowing that she would go deaf in the near future more then anything

You have a great point about us seeing the passage of time in a man's life and I'd extend that to the entire franchise if that wasn't already your point. I don't know of another franchise where you see a man go from young to old touching on various stages in life. Now we have Luke and crew in Star Wars, but there were no steps between young and old. The Rocky movies actually have a lot of parallels to Sly's acting career. I don't have time to expound on it now, but something to ponder.

this like the 3rd time ive heard it said that the rocky character and various actions in the series mirror those of stallone in real life, im gonna have to look into that because i have no idea what yall be alluding to

im not too familiar with the harry potter ? but i guess you could vaguely say daniel radcliffe grew over the course of that series too but nothing close to the 40 something years the rocky character aged with its audience -- i mean its crazy to think that in the movie creed, rocky is the same age as micky was in the original rocky + the emotional impact couldnt be as heavy or realistic enough since harry potter is only fantasy while rocky is something we could all experience

which is why i think the critics were so into this movie since they usually vilify sentimental stuff like this
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »

this like the 3rd time ive heard it said that the rocky character and various actions in the series mirror those of stallone in real life, im gonna have to look into that because i have no idea what yall be alluding to

im not too familiar with the harry potter ? but i guess you could vaguely say daniel radcliffe grew over the course of that series too but nothing close to the 40 something years the rocky character aged with its audience -- i mean its crazy to think that in the movie creed, rocky is the same age as micky was in the original rocky + the emotional impact couldnt be as heavy or realistic enough since harry potter is only fantasy while rocky is something we could all experience

which is why i think the critics were so into this movie since they usually vilify sentimental stuff like this

I'm not sure what others say, but to me Rocky was high and mighty, then fell off a bit and maintained until this last one where he gets a chance to be on a big stage again and earn a new level of respect in his older age. Sly was the same. He was Rocky, Rambo, etc. and ruled the box office with Swarzenneger. Then he hit a lull and came back with the Expendables franchise and Creed in his older age.

It's crazy that the Rocky franchise has ran for damn near 40 years with the same main character played by the same actor.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/4zdIpXJlM8A

One of the few times I could ? with Meek Mill music.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah

i think ive pretty much seen almost all of stallone ? -- most of the time he just does actions films that dont require a huge stretch in the acting department but every once in a while he will surprise you

this film represents some of the best acting ive ever seen from him

rocky: arent you going to need this?

adonis: nah. i'll just take a picture of it

rocky: and what if you lose your phone?

adonis: its already in the cloud

rocky: in the cloud? *looks up at the sky puzzled*

9aocv7.jpg

on the low i bet this scene hit those dusty ass critics hard when adonis took a picture of rockys training instructions on his phone because like although life is good with adult mans knowledge and experience and what not, the past and letting go seems sometimes more tempting than fighting and going forward with fading health in a changing world which they dont fully understand
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Southpaw was borderline trash. it was pretty mediocre to me.

I couldnt even finish the movie. Ol if Eminem was a boxer instead of a rapper ass movie
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Creed 2 has been confirmed for a while now. Dope
  • Broddie
    Options
    I wonder if where Sly personally saw Drago go after Rocky IV (alcoholism and being a disgrace to his countrymen) will play a part in this. Obviously the suicide will be ruled out since Dolph will return.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I wonder if where Sly personally saw Drago go after Rocky IV (alcoholism and being a disgrace to his countrymen) will play a part in this. Obviously the suicide will be ruled out since Dolph will return.

That's interesting
  • Broddie
    Options
    This will be his 5th movie in the series as a director. If he directs one more he'll tie George Romero's record.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall really Goating Stallone. Directing.. the queso factor just went up.. Coogler is blowing in the wind.. i just hope this ? is at least as good as the firs toe.. But i am skeptical
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yall really Goating Stallone. Directing.. the queso factor just went up.. Coogler is blowing in the wind.. i just hope this ? is at least as good as the firs toe.. But i am skeptical

Ingrate.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

c/s

I think that's why we got a dope Sly performance in Creed cause that's all he had to worry about.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

c/s

I think that's why we got a dope Sly performance in Creed cause that's all he had to worry about.

we might get 8 more .In before clubber lang makes a cameo