2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    @philly fans, yall been rebuilding for years. So i have a question for yall, what will need to happen for this season to be deemed a success?

How many games must be won, how many games does embiid have to play, and is making the playoffs necessary for this season to he a success, or would that just be a nice plus?

if we make the playoffs of course this will be a successful season, embiid has to play 50+ to do that. I predict they start off slow and pick up around January to get to 40 wins. mind you 40 wins might be enough for a playoff spot in the east, outside the top 4 teams who we fighting against? bucks, heat, hornets?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    @philly fans, yall been rebuilding for years. So i have a question for yall, what will need to happen for this season to be deemed a success?

How many games must be won, how many games does embiid have to play, and is making the playoffs necessary for this season to he a success, or would that just be a nice plus?

Embiid 60 plus games
    Core player actually fit together on the court
    No major injuries

I would be cool with that.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not confident in sixers winning 40+ games. Theres gonna be a lot of growing pains, plus embiids health.

I think the sixers will be better than last year and this year will be an improvement over last year though.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    philly fans sup with fultz?

his shooting form now:

his ft form back in college:

fultz changed his ft shot when he doesnt need to

and what an insane time to be a NBA player. Embiid played 31 games in 3 yrs and got a bag bruh i hope he lives up to the contract
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Take that untouchable label off tayshaun ingram,trade his ass and start kuzma

yikes
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    And I bet wade or rose are coming off the bench by the end of the 2017.Starting 3 ball dominant players 2 who can't shoot is legit stupid.Cavs defense gonna be suspect starting rose,wade and love at the 5

lue a ? this is why the cavs should cherish that 2016 fluke cuz they'll NEVER win another one(unless durant & curry are out for the season)
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Great performance from our young guys S/O to rozier, smart, semi ojeyle, jaylen, nader and bird for their double figure efforts. Reddick, embiid, and Covington better hit hella 3's this year cuz fultz and Simmons didn't even look at the basket outside of 10 feet tonight. Both finished well around the basket but I'm not on the Simmons fan club

Duke 6'10 with a 1st step blowing past cats hardly any 3's or 4's will be able to stay in front of him or physically stop him

the jumper can be developed.His game right now is a pass 1st point forward

You over analyzing a player who missed his whole rookie season based off 2-3 pre season games

Simmons and embiid have higher ceilings than anyone on the celtics, if simmons develops a consistent mid range jumper/3 ball he'll be a problem.Tatum is the only c's young player who has star potential the rest of em will be role players(jaylen brown is a role player)

I'm in my feelings when I say this tho.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who got the worst roster in the NBA? bulls? hawks?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    philly fans sup with fultz?

his shooting form now:

his ft form back in college:

fultz changed his ft shot when he doesnt need to

and what an insane time to be a NBA player. Embiid played 31 games in 3 yrs and got a bag bruh i hope he lives up to the contract

He changed his form due to shoulder pain. Should only be temporary
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great performance from our young guys S/O to rozier, smart, semi ojeyle, jaylen, nader and bird for their double figure efforts. Reddick, embiid, and Covington better hit hella 3's this year cuz fultz and Simmons didn't even look at the basket outside of 10 feet tonight. Both finished well around the basket but I'm not on the Simmons fan club

Duke 6'10 with a 1st step blowing past cats hardly any 3's or 4's will be able to stay in front of him or physically stop him

You over analyzing a player who missed his whole rookie season based off 2-3 pre season games

Simmons and embiid have higher ceilings than anyone on the celtics, if simmons develops a consistent mid range jumper/3 ball he'll be a problem.Tatum is the only c's young player who has star potential the rest of em will be role players(jaylen brown is a role player)

I've said he has a great 1st step, even when he was at LSU I wasn't a huge fan. I personally don't see a superstar in him and I'll stand alone on that if I have to. Too early to call that on Brown and rozier is getting slept on. I've never been a Simmons fan even before the preseason I'm not saying he'll be a bust but IMO he's not a once in a generation future superstar like they hype him up to be, I'll stand dolo on this if I have to
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

I've said he has a great 1st step, even when he was at LSU I wasn't a huge fan. I personally don't see a superstar in him and I'll stand alone on that if I have to. Too early to call that on Brown and rozier is getting slept on. I've never been a Simmons fan even before the preseason I'm not saying he'll be a bust but IMO he's not a once in a generation future superstar like they hype him up to be, I'll stand dolo on this if I have to

so it's too early to say jaylen brown is an role player (who played a whole nba season), but it's early enough to say Simmons isn't a generational talent (who had played 7 games total including summer league) and is Odom 2.0?

I'm going back to work.......

If I'm wrong pull up the quote at the end of the season. I have my opinion and can admit when I'm wrong, currently I'm not a fan of Simmons he has a great 1st step and court vision but I don't think he'll take over games or be the guy with the ball in his hands at the end of the game. The fact that he doesn't even look to shoot outside the paint bothers me. The Odom comparison isn't a knock y'all gotta get his post career out of y'all mind. 6'10 with court vision but will thrive better in a complimentary role then being THE guy to take over the team. Y'all acting like I said he was the next stromile swift or some ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ben Simmons dont even need to be able to shoot right now. Set teammates up and get to the rack, and dont get hurt.

I can see him averaging 12, 4, and 5

Ax I'm playing bball for the first time in years later..and Ima still son the ? outta you B
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Ben Simmons dont even need to be able to shoot right now. Set teammates up and get to the rack, and dont get hurt.

Ax I'm playing bball for the first time in years later..and Ima still son the ? outta you B

Its gonna depend on his role but 12, 4, and 5 is a bit underwhelming for someone coming in with Simmons' hype. Id wanna see like 16 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

I'm off until Friday, pull up
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People wonder why Pelicans fans are ? emotional. Do y'all know how frustrating and demoralizing it is to have a player get Injured or die EVERY ? offseason?

Smh I can't think of any other franchise that has our curse. I'ma still caw caw though!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

People wonder why Pelicans fans are ? emotional. Do y'all know how frustrating and demoralizing it is to have a player get Injured or die EVERY ? offseason?

Smh I can't think of any other franchise that has our curse
    . I'ma still caw caw though!

Man please.Derrick rose torn acl,then torn meniscus then torn meniscus again derailed the bulls franchise

That injury caused collateral damage to the whole core & thibs

you pelican ? just emotional, it aint got nothin to do with no injuries.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Smh I can't think of any other franchise that has our curse
    . I'ma still caw caw though!

Man please.Derrick rose torn acl,then torn meniscus then torn meniscus again derailed the bulls franchise

That injury caused collateral damage to the whole core & thibs

you pelican ? just emotional, it aint got nothin to do with no injuries.

? y'all had MJ FOH

And the GULL for you to call anyone emotional my ? . I swear you cursed out every ? in the IC with your trademark rants. That's your whole gimmick lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Told that man about them pelicans...now the starting SG is Tony Allen..

? SPACING