Live like no one else: The Dave Ramsey Show appreciation thread

Options

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been going over this plan on paper for the last 2-3 weeks. I think I have it nailed down for the most part.

I'm planning on combining my raise nx year, with going exempt for 6 mos and using that extra money to pay off all of my debts excluding my Mortgage. Then to offset my tax bill, I will max out my deferred comp plan for the 2nd half of the year. In 2019 my debt to income ratio should be low enough to allow me to stay maxed out, pay all my bills and still save a lil bit of cash. Maxing that plan out for 18 mos would put me in very good position moving forward w/ 14 years, or more to continue growing that nest egg.

Thoughts???
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Live like no one else alright

r2kjfhlt5r3h.jpg
    13ax9b7fu74w.jpg
    pj7ppuo6gqqi.jpg
    ketn456g0cf9.jpg
    r3uczegewy6m.jpg
    zl47h9h9d25m.jpg
    7zhfvmj40zhu.jpg
    h27uovtfc30r.jpg
    jwzf705uiuui.jpg
    p7l3dy589fwb.jpg
    ezu81uo6torh.jpg
    re7h8j642lnj.jpg
    7cus3t7bhdde.jpg
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Been going over this plan on paper for the last 2-3 weeks. I think I have it nailed down for the most part.

I'm planning on combining my raise nx year, with going exempt for 6 mos and using that extra money to pay off all of my debts excluding my Mortgage. Then to offset my tax bill, I will max out my deferred comp plan for the 2nd half of the year. In 2019 my debt to income ratio should be low enough to allow me to stay maxed out, pay all my bills and still save a lil bit of cash. Maxing that plan out for 18 mos would put me in very good position moving forward w/ 14 years, or more to continue growing that nest egg.

Thoughts???

Been on Dave Ramsey hard for the last week, or so. Been questioning the idea of only having $1k in an emergency fund and thought ? it. Since I already have a fully funded E-Fund, I decided to pay off one of the loans in full. Hate to see my account take a lil hit, but like he says, it feels good and knock a debt off the table and move on to the next one.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thoughts???

Been on Dave Ramsey hard for the last week, or so. Been questioning the idea of only having $1k in an emergency fund and thought ? it. Since I already have a fully funded E-Fund, I decided to pay off one of the loans in full. Hate to see my account take a lil hit, but like he says, it feels good and knock a debt off the table and move on to the next one.

Hermano keep it up with your plan, you're going to be living like no one else in no time!
  • BIGG WILL
    Options

Thoughts???

Hermano keep it up with your plan, you're going to be living like no one else in no time!

Still moving forward. Paying off that loan will save me $110 Per month.

Switched Health Ins. at my job that will save me $104 Per month.

Just got off the Phone w/ Brighthouse and cut cable that will save me about $80 Per month.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options

Thoughts???

Just got off the Phone w/ Brighthouse and cut cable that will save me about $80 Per month.

Daps, you cutting deep to make your plan work; lots of people won't do what you're doing. You going to be debt free sooner than planned at this rate I believe it
  • BIGG WILL
    Options

Thoughts???

Daps, you cutting deep to make your plan work; lots of people won't do what you're doing. You going to be debt free sooner than planned at this rate I believe it

Thanks man, I'm trying to make it happen.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    $160,000 income for profitable business, got his luxury Cadillac truck repossessed smh
  • Go figure
    Options
    $160,000 income for profitable business, got his luxury Cadillac truck repossessed smh

Where the vid at?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Where the vid at?

It was from today's show, no doubt they are making a video on it.. $1,100 car payment!
  • Go figure
    Options

Where the vid at?

It was from today's show, no doubt they are making a video on it.. $1,100 car payment!

'Stupid tax'

Some of us never stop paying it
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options

@LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY @Bulletproof Wallets
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Money is like martial arts. As long as you follow the instruction, and outside of life accidents, you cant go wrong.

This goes out to all of us. The stories about poor gone millionares are endless.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

$2600 to go until I'm off of Death Row. Now I'm worried about retirement. After this $2600 is paid off, I'll increase my retirement contributions. I also want to invest in the stock market. Getting out of debt is hard enough, but saving for retirement seems like climbing up a greasy mountain with rubber gloves on.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

$2600 to go until I'm off of Death Row. Now I'm worried about retirement. After this $2600 is paid off, I'll increase my retirement contributions. I also want to invest in the stock market. Getting out of debt is hard enough, but saving for retirement seems like climbing up a greasy mountain with rubber gloves on.

Especially with a proposed tax bill of limiting 401k contributions to $2400 annually....so that they'll be able to tax more of your income. This is why I'm building my own businesses. I hope to use my job income for bills and saving only...
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options

Where the vid at?
    https://youtu.be/vCPTibioFME

• Young_Chitlin
    Options
    "What if you had no payments? Breathe that in." - Dave Ramsey