The Nagging Mom: What the **** is up with women and censorship?

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Wasnt the gamer gate thing about dudes harrassing some woman because her ex kept posting about her?

Gamergate was about a lot of things. It's a crazy rabbit hole.

There were multiple women involved and all of them claimed to be harassed.

Initially it was about Zoe Quinn (the story @LUCIEN is talking about) there were other stories as well, like women attacking gamers claiming that gaming is sexist and promotes violence towards women.

At it's core though it was about journalism and whether people who are dating or friends with developers should be giving good reviews of the games they make and other women who were taking money under the table..it was insane.

Quite a few guys did get verbally abusive though, it was baaaaaaaaaaaad

Yeah I read a story on cracked.com about it. Said ol girl was getting all sorts of ? threats, threatening calls, death threats, nudes exposed...all over a video game. Whether or not the game was trash, that ? really did just prove her point about salty ass dudes going overboard
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depression quest is the worst game I've ever played and I used to own superman for n64
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt the gamer gate thing about dudes harrassing some woman because her ex kept posting about her?

Initially it was about Zoe Quinn (the story @LUCIEN is talking about) there were other stories as well, like women attacking gamers claiming that gaming is sexist and promotes violence towards women.

At it's core though it was about journalism and whether people who are dating or friends with developers should be giving good reviews of the games they make and other women who were taking money under the table..it was insane.

Yeah I read a story on cracked.com about it. Said ol girl was getting all sorts of ? threats, threatening calls, death threats, nudes exposed...all over a video game. Whether or not the game was trash, that ? really did just prove her point about salty ass dudes going overboard

That never happened tho.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before we all gets called sexist pigs in here (yet again), where are the female (more specifically, moms) at to give their side?
  • blackrain
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »

That never happened tho.

Unless she created screenshots of the messages it happened
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK if ol' girl was harassed online. I do know that YouTube videos are still up where those chicks got DRAGGED. Dudes were angry asf.

• LordZuko
    Options

That never happened tho.

Messages came from "anonymous" users. You don't understand how diabolical these ? are. They will fabricate threat narratives in order to generate support.

They got exposed on the facts unethical actions in journalism. So they tried to make it an emotional and moral issue by pulling out tried and true feminist maneuvers with ? culture and misogyny.
  • LordZuko
    Options
  • LordZuko
    Options
    It's important to know this ? because right now we are at the beginning of a quieter but intensely hostile #comicsgate
  • jono
    Options
    It's important to know this ? because right now we are at the beginning of a quieter but intensely hostile #comicsgate

Yeah, #comicsgate is what brought gamergate to my attention. It's similar asf.

People are choosing to cause division in fandoms for their own personal gain. It's ? .

It's not just YouTube and other online outlets but I'm seeing this in my local comics shops too. It's becoming heavily politicized and ruining the fun atmosphere comics and games have.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Comics gate is basically feminists and cucks who have insidiously inserted themselves into Positions of influence within the comic book industry and done major overhauls to established characters e;g making iceman ? or gender swapping characters' Thor, Hawkeye, x-23, or race swapping characters, spiderman and captain america, ? over established black characters like blade and Luke cage.

It's a bunch of people who don't like super heros writing comic books.

They draw female characters to look like men: kitty pryde, ms. Marvel. 90% of the females are ? . The only good man is an effeminate ? man.

The stories are trash now as well. Secret empire, civil war 2, marvel legacy are all trash no one is buying them and because of. Marvel's sales plummet it's threatening to topple the whole industry.
  • jono
    Options
    Bruuuuuuh. (I liked Secret Empire tho) But you right.

It's a bunch of weirdos making beloved characters unlikable and replaceable.

The whole drawing women like men thing infuriates me. Gotdamn Captain Marvel looks like Tim Robbins in some of those pictures.

oi3lw717md9g.jpg

Kitty Pryde is drawn to look like a wide receiver
    xk171ib3uebj.jpg
    Look at the musculature of her back. That's nonsense.

All these sex negative and body positive weirdos need to have a seat.
  • jono
    Options
    They dicked Blade too. His first two appearances in years and one was a delivery boy and the other as a substitute teacher in a sweater.
    kvqizsn5c843.jpg

16dnzh093q12.png

Not mention there was a rumor about a year or so ago where Blade wouldn't be returning at all, they planned to replace him with his "daughter"

So its not just white guys that are being dicked around.

• Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Simpson's did a bit on this

cb0.gif

Sadly, there's a lot of "men" on this site like that

if they think an artist or song is wack, they feel as if nobody could/should enjoy it
  • blackrain
    Options

That never happened tho.

Messages came from "anonymous" users. You don't understand how diabolical these ? are. They will fabricate threat narratives in order to generate support.

They got exposed on the facts unethical actions in journalism. So they tried to make it an emotional and moral issue by pulling out tried and true feminist maneuvers with ? culture and misogyny.

Wasnt it led by that alt right dude from Britebart Milo?
  • LordZuko
    Options

That never happened tho.

Wasnt it led by that alt right dude from Britebart Milo?

I doubt that Milo sent threats of any kind. It would've undermined his moves.

He could have but nothing was ever tied to him until that ? fiasco.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's usually Marvel tho with all that ? though. They stay with trash events that ? up the status quo of their characters
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iceman ? ?

All the comic ? he was getting in the 80's and 90's????

This like finding out Bruce Jenner is now a woman b
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Yea. Basically a Jean grey from the past came to the present and said "Bobby but you're ? " she mind ? him into being the opposite of what he's been for thirty years.

They did spiderman bogus too. He's a straight clown now and practically a boyfriend to human torch. It's crazy.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Comics gate is basically feminists and cucks who have insidiously inserted themselves into Positions of influence within the comic book industry

This gives me a new perspective on what's going on at ESPN now.

Starting to think the same type of chicks who've infiltrated the comic book world have infiltrated the sports world as well.

Simply because, if they were true sports fans..........they wouldn't be pushing that SJW ? so hard.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

Gamer gate came out of a lot of things. One thing was this female game developer had this guy she was ? write good reviews for a game she made (which I played and found to be completely unplayable garbage). Another is that people are trying to get game developers to include more ? , trans, and racial minority characters and people are salty af about that

Never quite understood what all that was about but another reason not to care about reviews. It's white guys who harass women in the gaming community mostly but this ? agenda needs to stop. I don't want developers forcing any characters even if they are black. ? needs to be natural like Mafia 3 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    sadly this game just got the ax. thank you censorship. I never got to play this game thanks to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Blvqy3J4xM
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics

true but girls was always gaming. they only played kiddie ? like super Mario or Kirby though.
  • jono
    Options
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics

true but girls was always gaming. they only played kiddie ? like super Mario or Kirby though.

That's what folks dont get.

Women read comics and manga too but it ain't the same ? men read.

People think everybody should do everything. Sometimes people just ain't interested!
  • jono
    Options
    Yea. Basically a Jean grey from the past came to the present and said "Bobby but you're ? " she mind ? him into being the opposite of what he's been for thirty years.

They did spiderman bogus too. He's a straight clown now and practically a boyfriend to human torch. It's crazy.
    7ei923jlsfzl.jpg