DEPRESSION---Ask a medical professional anything.

Options
MistyKnight
MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy

I made this post on all of my social media exactly 1 month ago from today to reach out to others and I felt I should do the same on here.

cwk4vpdxqzjv.jpg

I am a licensed nurse and have experience with caring for persons with mental illness alongside psychiatrists, as well as personal experience with depression (non clinical) myself.

Please feel free to inbox me or post below if you have any medical related questions (whether it is in regards to depression or not) or if you just simply would like to talk about it.

Comments

• MistyKnight
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    You a mental health professional now?

m09m0mxevbii.gif

I'm having a hard time taking this seriously haha

Not specifically mental health, no. I have more experience with Internal medicine/ Family practice.

I do however, have some experience in the mental health field so I'm willing to offer my knowledge and help out as best as I can.
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

m09m0mxevbii.gif

Not specifically mental health, no. I have more experience with Internal medicine/ Family practice.

I do however, have some experience in the mental health field so I'm willing to offer my knowledge and help out as best as I can.

I guess here goes...
    Im 31 yo m no health insurancr ... Fairly healthy but made some bad health choices dueing my years.
    I need to schedule a general check up how shuld i go about this. And what type of things should i expect or 'demand' for this???
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you aren't a real mental health professional? And you hate people?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do I make happy?
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in b4 the lock
  • MistyKnight
    edited October 2017
    Options

m09m0mxevbii.gif

I guess here goes...
    Im 31 yo m no health insurancr ... Fairly healthy but made some bad health choices dueing my years.
    I need to schedule a general check up how shuld i go about this. And what type of things should i expect or 'demand' for this???

@chgarcia345
    I'm glad you asked this question. And I'm also proud of you for wanting to take the first step in scheduling your annual health checkup/physical.

I also commend you for being able to self reflect and acknowledge that you've made some bad choices in regards to your health.

If you have insurance, to schedule a annual health visit you need have a ? (primary care physician) and you can choose one closest to you on your health insurance website. When you choose a ? or if one is already assigned to you, then you call the practice and inform them that you would like to set up an appointment for an annual health checkup.

If you don't have insurance you can choose any ? but I'd recommend calling around for prices before scheduling the appointment. There are also clinics that provide discounts and charge you based on your income.

During the checkup, if they are a good practice then they should test you for every regular annual screening, unfortunately not every practice does.. So make sure you ask for the following labs which are most important:
    CBC (Checks for anemia and possible blood disorders)
    CMP (checks your liver and kidney function and electrolytes as well as your blood sugar and protein)
    LIPID PANEL (checks your cholesterol)
    A1C (checks for diabetes)
    TSH (checks your thyroid function)
    VITAMIN D (most people are deficient)

I recommend testing for all STDs annually.. Even if married. (once had a married couple and the wife found out she had full blown aids.. The husband was mortified... They were from Amsterdam)

For the STD testing ask for:
    ?
    RPR (SYPHILIS)
    CHLAMYDIA/GONORRHEA
    Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C

I also recommend that you ask for a Tdap vaccine if you have not had one in 10 years (most adults haven't)
    As well as a flu shot annually (as long as you're not allergic to eggs)

I recommend everyone to go once a year for an annual wellness visit and repeat these tests.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    So you aren't a real mental health professional? And you hate people?

I am a health professional with experience in the mental health field.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    5 minutes ago you were top flight security.. sitting on a ymca bathroom playing an instrument.. renounced your coonery.. and became Angela Davis.... ole im not only the president im a client ass..

Its like being a fat gym teacher telling everyone its time to do jumping jacks

TSA was 2 years ago.
    Do you need medical advice or not?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not depressed but its something i think most mornings.

i want my baby mothers to die horrible deaths. like not immediate death but like....almost die but then brought back, put on a table with wheels thingy rolled a few feet then fall off into a pile of salt, then picked up driven to hospital only to have the ambulance broadsided and have them ? flip over 13 times and lend in more salt and then wolves tear of they feets and then rescued and airlifted only for the rope to break just enough so that when they fall only they head hits the asphalt and bounce a few times. then taken to the hospital to get fixed up only for me to sneak in and disconnect their pain medicine tubes and nurse calling button for like three days.
    then send an anonymous letter to the hospital says im the family an to pull the plug.

you think the problem is me or them?
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    How do I make happy?

I don't understand your question @Lou_Cypher
  • MistyKnight
    edited October 2017
    Options

i want my baby mothers to die horrible deaths. like not immediate death but like....almost die but then brought back, put on a table with wheels thingy rolled a few feet then fall off into a pile of salt, then picked up driven to hospital only to have the ambulance broadsided and have them ? flip over 13 times and lend in more salt and then wolves tear of they feets and then rescued and airlifted only for the rope to break just enough so that when they fall only they head hits the asphalt and bounce a few times. then taken to the hospital to get fixed up only for me to sneak in and disconnect their pain medicine tubes and nurse calling button for like three days.
    then send an anonymous letter to the hospital says im the family an to pull the plug.

@2stepz_ahead
    I'd recommend seeking therapy to work through whatever it is that you are going through.

Perhaps they will recommend healthier coping mechanisms to manage your trauma.
  • MistyKnight
    Options

m09m0mxevbii.gif

Have any medical questions?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do I make happy?

The emotion, ? !
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    How do I make happy?

The emotion, ? !

Are you asking me how you can be happy?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

Damn drop those stories
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not taking mental health advice from a black woman who didnt know she was black till two years ago
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Im not taking mental health advice from a black woman who didnt know she was black till two years ago

Wait what ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Khaleesi giving out mental health tips is like aquafina giving out pregnancy and child rearing tips
  • MistyKnight
    Options

Wait what ?

You know IC ? .
    Making up fake ? and everyone running with it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like this is a trap....
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

m09m0mxevbii.gif

Have any medical questions?

g0pjtg2o9c8i.gif
  • MistyKnight
    Options

Yet I made this post 4 years ago....

a.mann wrote: »
    Here we go....
    Steve Lobs wrote: »
    ? i done watched all seasons of walking dead. Put me in a fight against a walker, pray for the walker.

C/s. IWe will be the last two black ppl standing.
    Come find me if ? ever goes down. & dont drag your gf along, she's not fast enough lol

Our plan will be: hijack a boat that doesnt need gas, find an empty island with a big source of clean drinking water & take several copies of survival guide books with us cuz ? aint know how to start a fire with two sticks lol.