• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Doomsday Clock ..is a Watchmen Sequel first 6 pages revealed

https://youtu.be/LJl-se_wvZg

And two main questions I have about Rorschach and how Superman/Batman/DC were fictional characters in Watchmen Universe will be explained/answered.

Did you ever read Multiversity?

Every Earth in the DC multiverse is a comic book series on another Earth. This even goes back to the Golden Age. Jay Garrick was The Flash that Barry Allen read about in comic books as a kid.

I have Multiversity and that story and DC have used the whole comics were fiction but actually happened arc before.

Watchmen though was never a part of the DC Multiverse it was always separate from any DC Continuity in a Real World type setting.

Now if you recall there is 7 unknown worlds/earths in the Multiverse..perhaps Watchmen universe could be one of them.

Watchmen was an Earth in the previous Multiverse. But you're right in the current Multiverse there was just an Earth similar to Watchmen with the original Charlton Characters that The Watchmen were based on.

But like you said Grant Morrison left some blank Earths around for anyone to define. According to Dark Nights Metal his map of the Multiverse (the one in Multiversity) still stands. So we'll see where Johns goes with it.
  • Broddie
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I wish DC hadn't touched Watchmen at all.
    This ? can only go bad.

They'll have to ? with the canon to make it make sense. Middle aged heroes with no powers will get boring as ? quick in DC.

The psychology of the series will be lost too. They're going to turn them into generic heroes within 3 years and this will be for nothing.

What I want: Justice League Dark. Loved that ? .

The good thing is that just like Before Watchmen if it turns out to be ass it can be easily ignored.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish DC hadn't touched Watchmen at all.
    This ? can only go bad.

They'll have to ? with the canon to make it make sense. Middle aged heroes with no powers will get boring as ? quick in DC.

The psychology of the series will be lost too. They're going to turn them into generic heroes within 3 years and this will be for nothing.

What I want: Justice League Dark. Loved that ? .

Not exactly JLD but Zee, Constantine etc are in the latest two issues and will be in the upcoming one at least.
    uy7bq2yd19ub.jpg

• matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that nightwing future story has been dope as ? .
  • Broddie
    Options
    Who's writing Nightwing right now?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

its a seperate mini series Nightwing New World Order. He wiped out meta human abilities during a big fight between heroes and villians. He now runs some sort of anti meta government task force. He just found out his son (Starfire is the mom) has meta powers (its illegal).
  • Broddie
    Options

its a seperate mini series Nightwing New World Order. He wiped out meta human abilities during a big fight between heroes and villians. He now runs some sort of anti meta government task force. He just found out his son (Starfire is the mom) has meta powers (its illegal).

Ah ok.

Sounds interesting. How many issues will it run for?
  • nujerz84
    Options

Ah ok.

Sounds interesting. How many issues will it run for?

• HundredEyes
    Options
    Mannnnn

Latest detective comics is the ? .

Hope they make a animated movie with tim drake as batman...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Mannnnnnnnnn

Had to come back in here to further emphasize that tim is the gottdamn truth rocking the cowl lol
    I hope he succeeds and kills batwoman lmao, wouldnt be suprised if Alfred ends up being the one stopping him
  • HundredEyes
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Read this ? son!

t2chxm9m1nxj.jpg
  • nujerz84
    Options
    utbbzoomuj4m.jpg

Last Two Neal Adams Stories (Batman Odessey, Coming of The Supermen) were straight garbage to me. Pass
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman is in everything. Hard pass. I'm not even reading the Metal tie-ins.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    New Black Lightning mini series out first issue is good.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Thoughts on the current batman saga? Seems like theyre going out of their way to make ? lame af.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I was never one of those "Bruce and Selina forever" types so I'm pretty much ignoring it.
  • jono
    Options
    Thoughts on the current batman saga? Seems like theyre going out of their way to make ? lame af.

Tom King's Batman has been boring asf in general. This is really no different
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    I really like Bane's conquest man, 7 issues out now...hermano has a cool team and regardless of predictable cliffhangers, the story (and artwork) is superb.

All star Batman(Alfred mofos!)Action comics, deathstroke and supes are still on point aswell...havent followed nightwing since he teamed up with Blockbuster's brother but that was also a great series to follow....and Trinity just got interesting with the JLD in the fray...

Detective comics has been superb aswell...

Guess we will finally see Dr. Manhattan this month...
  • HundredEyes
    Options

I'm a newbie to this ? , followed comics religiously since rebirth started...before that it was a trade here and there...so I'm really not familiar with a lot of the writers...I just know that the ones who wrote regular Batman really shouldn't have been given the responsibility for writing such an iconic character...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    New Black Lightning mini series out first issue is good.

He's also in Injustice 2 as a skin for Raiden...
  • jono
    Options

I'm a newbie to this ? , followed comics religiously since rebirth started...before that it was a trade here and there...so I'm really not familiar with a lot of the writers...I just know that the ones who wrote regular Batman really shouldn't have been given the responsibility for writing such an iconic character...

I'm only in my third year of reading regularly.
    Tom King is great....

On smaller characters. Read Omega Men 2012, Vision and the current Mister Miracle but this Batman is trash.
  • jono
    Options
    Also DC fans, have fun dealing with Bendis and his ?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NOOOOOOO what book is he on with DC?
  • jono
    Options

NOOOOOOO what book is he on with DC?

Not announced yet.