FedeRICO_Fellini Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't draw off of red meat

dxhthz8o5b6w.gif
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium
    I'm starting to get into turning cheap cuts delicious just for the challenge. I could throw a great steak on the grill, skillet or broiler now and get consistent results every time at this point but it feels good to be able to braise short ribs or chuck and end up with something just as good.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    Trollio wrote: »
    Next thread.

How yall like yall water?

Ic consensus- distilled/filtered

Aneed- tap water from flint

Looooool
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    aneed123 wrote: »
    @aneed123 you cooking any steaks this weekend?

yup i got a new york strip just for u

Nah son I'm good.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rare
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I'm starting to get into turning cheap cuts delicious just for the challenge. I could throw a great steak on the grill, skillet or broiler now and get consistent results every time at this point but it feels good to be able to braise short ribs or chuck and end up with something just as good.

Hanger steak is a great cut for the low if u have a butcher to buy from.

They dont sell it in grocery stores.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Done
    Next thread.

How yall like yall water?

Ic consensus- distilled/filtered

Aneed- tap water from flint

lol i like what i like
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium
    @aneed123 be cooking his food with a flamethrower n ?

Nah ? would still be too under cooked
  • aneed123
    Options
    Well Done
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    @aneed123 be cooking his food with a flamethrower n ?

Nah ? would still be too under cooked

itll give a nice char... and carmelize the onions i put on it....
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Done
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Ribeye >>>>>> strip

Easily

too much fat on it...

Hell yeah....T Bone>>>>>
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Putting reindeer dogs on the bucket list with moose
    Yea, Moose is something I'd like to try as well. Heard it's a very lean meat.

Moose is ? incredible. Got friends that go hunting and get a moose almost every year. So much ? meat. They sometimes give me moose steaks or random parts. Had some moose chili and moose stew, definitely a great meat.

I highly recommend buffalo and kangaroo meat....high in protein

Dope, I've had buffalo a number of times but never kangaroo. I've heard kangaroo is really good though. Don't know if I'd be able to find any up here but if the chance comes up I'll take it haha.

I want to go hunting real bad and stock my freezer up with meats. Definitely been wanting to change my diet to a less processed and grocery store meat. Meat industry is so ? up and the food they give the animal really impacts the quality of the meat.

My buddy just got back from hunting and fishing in this tiny town called Sitka in southeaSt alaska. He went with 2 other folks and they all got themselves a deer. He said he was on the boat and a deer was out swimming to the next island and got kind of close to the boat so they just shot it and took it. A lot of deer end up swimming and drowning out there trying to escape from bears and stuff. He also got 150lbs of shrimp! A bunch with egg sacks on them too. He only brought home 40lb though. Im going over there Sunday to eat some shrimp though, I'm excited

I used to work out in Sitka! Nice little town that is super beautiful in the summer. Not to mention the winters are mild compared to most of Alaska. That is where I 1st tried reindeer sausage.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Well Done
    @aneed123 what you cooking for thanksgiving? :# :#

i thought i posted what i cooked last year. prolly do turkey wings. order a honey baked turkey breast. moms will do the macaroni collard greens and dressing.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium Rare
    Putting reindeer dogs on the bucket list with moose
    Yea, Moose is something I'd like to try as well. Heard it's a very lean meat.

Moose is ? incredible. Got friends that go hunting and get a moose almost every year. So much ? meat. They sometimes give me moose steaks or random parts. Had some moose chili and moose stew, definitely a great meat.

I highly recommend buffalo and kangaroo meat....high in protein

Dope, I've had buffalo a number of times but never kangaroo. I've heard kangaroo is really good though. Don't know if I'd be able to find any up here but if the chance comes up I'll take it haha.

I want to go hunting real bad and stock my freezer up with meats. Definitely been wanting to change my diet to a less processed and grocery store meat. Meat industry is so ? up and the food they give the animal really impacts the quality of the meat.

My buddy just got back from hunting and fishing in this tiny town called Sitka in southeaSt alaska. He went with 2 other folks and they all got themselves a deer. He said he was on the boat and a deer was out swimming to the next island and got kind of close to the boat so they just shot it and took it. A lot of deer end up swimming and drowning out there trying to escape from bears and stuff. He also got 150lbs of shrimp! A bunch with egg sacks on them too. He only brought home 40lb though. Im going over there Sunday to eat some shrimp though, I'm excited

I used to work out in Sitka! Nice little town that is super beautiful in the summer. Not to mention the winters are mild compared to most of Alaska. That is where I 1st tried reindeer sausage.

Nice!! my buddy im speaking of's family used to own the Channel Club down there, a little restaurant you may or may not be familiar with if you spent a good amount of time down there. The family sold it back in 2010ish though, but when i was a kid me, friend and his dad would sometimes go down there for a extended weekend and get to eat all the steak and seafood we wanted from the Channel Club. ? was awesome haha.

But i agree, Sitka is a beautiful place. I wouldnt mind having a small house down there just to escape for some time when im older. The fishing and hunting down there would be epic too.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium

i thought i posted what i cooked last year. prolly do turkey wings. order a honey baked turkey breast. moms will do the macaroni collard greens and dressing.

Order? You ain’t gone fry that bird ya self?wh2zy9qzj3dd.gif

As of now ill be deep frying 4 turkeys and about 10-15 lbs of catfish

Shiiit, my ole lady and I gone stop by your crib and grab us a plate lol. Sound like you gone be feeding bookoo folks.

Just bought me a new fryer the other day. My pop and I frying a couple turkeys while the ladies handle the rest. I can't wait to put that first bird in the grease. Lol told my ole lady we gone eat by 4. I'll be sleep and passed out from all the food and drank by about 6
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium

Shiiit, my ole lady and I gone stop by your crib and grab us a plate lol. Sound like you gone be feeding bookoo folks.

Just bought me a new fryer the other day. My pop and I frying a couple turkeys while the ladies handle the rest. I can't wait to put that first bird in the grease. Lol told my ole lady we gone eat by 4. I'll be sleep and passed out from all the food and drank by about 6

We on the same schedule. Tell your lady ill pop in at 6:15.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Medium
    AZTG wrote: »

We on the same schedule. Tell your lady ill pop in at 6:15.

Nah, im ? with you. This was uncalled for.
This discussion has been closed.