Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    That’s right: After finishing last season with the NBA’s 27th-ranked defense, Thibs’ Timberwolves are once again playing bottom-five defense.This season the Wolves are a year older, a year wiser and the roster has been fleshed out with Thibs-friendly veterans (Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson) who know his system. The result: A leaky D that ranks dead last in key categories like opponent field-goal percentage (49.8 percent) and transition defense (15.6 fast-break points allowed per game).

:#

Shouts to my dog Noah.Anchored a top 6 defense four years straight.As soon as he injured his knee/was moved from the 5 to 4. bulls defense fell off

Thibs got all the credit tho but noah was the real reason.

Shout out to noah for real. Now hes defending his spot on our bench like no one else. He doesnt even get up to give anyone high 5s or nothing to defend his spot. Top 3 bench spot defender in the nba.

3 years 54 million left to do that? :lol: good lookin out on that golden parachute new york
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on the low noah can help the knicks offensively

he is still their best defender and his offensive game will fit way better without melo and rose

it actually makes sense now

i could see him being a good fit with how their O is now constructed

dont quote me on this though
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who in Lakerland want that avi bet tonight?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

he is still their best defender and his offensive game will fit way better without melo and rose

Let him come back 85% of what he once was and stay healthy he would be an incredible fit
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not even saying you wrong, all im saying is you not right
  • ckfree
    Options

Let him come back 85% of what he once was and stay healthy he would be an incredible fit

i know why knick fans hate on noah but he can really help kristaps and the knicks O with his passing

not having any kind of playmaker was one of the things that cost the knicks last game (frank will be that in the future)

noah helps with that right now
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i know why knick fans hate on noah but he can really help kristaps and the knicks O with his passing

not having any kind of playmaker was one of the things that cost the knicks last game (frank will be that in the future)

I agree but he has to go back to the 12-14 noah on offense makin jumpers,finishing lay ups,not bobblin passes or teams won't guard him which nullifies his passing ability.

not the missing lay ups with broken confidence noah.I saw footage in the summer it was noah,wade,jimmy,snell and others hoopin he looked decent
  • AZTG
    edited November 2017
    Options

Here is the issue. The Knicks just arent good enough to play 4 on 5 on offense. Kanter and Hardaway are 2a and 2b when it comes to offensive options and hardaway is way to inconsistent to be counted on as a real 2nd option. When hes on, hes more than good enough. But when hes off, its terrible.

Other than KP we gotta score by committee so its tough to say Noah will help this young inexperienced team when itll mean playing 4 on 5.

Plus Noah and his passing and grit helps in a slow methodical offense with a lot of isos. Hornaceks offense on the hand is run and gun and even though the offense has been getting faster its still not as fast as Hornacek wants it to be.

Overall I would agree with you if we had more scoring on the wings but to cut minutes from Kanter who is one of the only reliable players we get offense from would be tough.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

According to 90% of the ic if you don’t get buckets you’re a liability on offense, they value guys like Melo who will get buckets but the offense will suffer as a result and then underappreciate Noah because he misses layups and couldnt shoot, everyone knew Noah was one of if not the best defenders at the time but I remember Tommy posting numbers of the Bulls offensive numbers with Noah on and off the court and it was night and day, that’s why I think if he could stay healthy regardless if he’s the same athlete or not the iq is still there, he did a lot of invaluable things things that made Duncan so valuable even later in his career when he wasn’t as dominant
  • ckfree
    Options

I agree but he has to go back to the 12-14 noah on offense makin jumpers,finishing lay ups,not bobblin passes or teams won't guard him which nullifies his passing ability.

not the missing lay ups with broken confidence noah.I saw footage in the summer it was noah,wade,jimmy,snell and others hoopin he looked decent

word

thats why i said dont quote me because i dont know how healthy he really is

if i knew he was id put money on it

but we seen it play out live

jo been declining for multiple years getting worse and worse in almost every aspect

he is an undersized C that relies on quickness and agility to be good

that 13-14 season took everything out of him

guy gave it his all in 2013-14

tons of HARD minutes
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well atleast it's not embiid or porzingis today
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2017
    Options

Here is the issue. The Knicks just arent good enough to play 4 on 5 on offense. Kanter and Hardaway are 2a and 2b when it comes to offensive options and hardaway is way to inconsistent to be counted on as a real 2nd option. When hes on, hes more than good enough. But when hes off, its terrible.

Other than KP we gotta score by committee so its tough to say Noah will help this young inexperienced team when itll mean playing 4 on 5.

Plus Noah and his passing and grit helps in a slow methodical offense with a lot of isos. Hornaceks offense on the hand is run and gun and even though the offense has been getting faster its still not as fast as Hornacek wants it to be.

Overall I would agree with you if we had more scoring on the wings but to cut minutes from Kanter who is one of the only reliable players we get offense from would be tough.

The ? did I just read, if Hornacek can’t change the system up to suit the players he has then he has to go, I’m talking hypothetical here that if Noah looked pretty close to what he once was say 85% you worried about taking Kanter out of the lineup? Lol foh first off y’all ain’t ? it’s not like y’all are changing up a winning formula, defense leads to offense and should be first priority he would be the voice and at 85% would still be a better defender than Kanter, Kanter is best suited for the bench anyway, and you’re underestimating how good of a passer he was and his handles for a big man it’s like having a point center, you would have to manage his minutes anyway I’d have Frank Nitty play most of his minutes with Kanter and give Noah a shot in the starting lineup I think he COULD be a great value to have for Porzingis and his development and Hardaway will benefit with the dribble hand offs, if he’s even worse than he was last we saw him then it’s time to call it quits or just rob the Knicks and don’t play, but he ain’t that old it’s not impossible he comes back and pull a Bill Walton
  • AZTG
    Options

The ? did I just read, if Hornacek can’t change the system up to suit the players he has then he has to go, I’m talking hypothetical here that if Noah looked pretty close to what he once was say 85% you worried about taking Kanter out of the lineup? Lol foh first off y’all ain’t ? it’s not like y’all are changing up a winning formula, defense leads to offense and should be first priority he would be the voice and at 85% would still be a better defender than Kanter, Kanter is best suited for the bench anyway, and you’re underestimating how good of a passer he was and his handles for a big man it’s like having a point center, you would have to manage his minutes anyway I’d have Frank Nitty play most of his minutes with Kanter and give Noah a shot in the starting lineup I think he COULD be a great value to have for Porzingis and his development and Hardaway will benefit with the dribble hand offs, if he’s even worse than he was last we saw him then it’s time to call it quits or just rob the Knicks and don’t play, but he ain’t that old it’s not impossible he comes back and pull a Bill Walton

Cut the stupid ? out bruh. You talking about hypothethicals and im posting about reality today.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2017
    Options

Cut the stupid ? out bruh. You talking about hypothethicals and im posting about reality today.

Lolol oh the reality? The reality is y’all are paying him over 17 million dollars this year and next year and the year after that, so you might as well find out and see if you can squeeze out any basketball he has left
  • Beta
    Options
    But hermangomez!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at values melo

No one does on here n the folks who even consider him decent are told "u don't hoop!" N ?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Now it’s not substance even I’m not the only one who brought up the idea that he could potentially help that team, and you’re worried about Enes Kanter
  • Beta
    Options

Lolol oh the reality? The reality is y’all are paying him over 17 million dollars this year and next year and the year after that, so you might as well find out and see if you can squeeze out any basketball he has left

Right. So you regurtating the same joke I made on my team on the last page so.

Either say some ? with substance or shut the ? up.

Hypotheticals on washed up players aint substance btw.

Yo you been turned up lately lol

Talk to em pac
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Right. So you regurtating the same joke I made on my team on the last page so.

Either say some ? with substance or shut the ? up.

Hypotheticals on washed up players aint substance btw.

Yo you been turned up lately lol

Talk to em pac

Mafuckas lucky I cant spit at them through this phone
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Now it’s not substance even I’m not the only one who brought up the idea that he could potentially help that team, and you’re worried about Enes Kanter

Bruh, you sounding real stupid and I dont wanna make you sound any dumber man.

The knicks are not a good team. They are a team with a 3 offensive options. KP, Hardaway, and Kanter. The fall off after KP is ? huge. We talking Kanter as a offensive option. Thats bad. Be as it may, with what we have, Kanter is averaging 14 and 11 and the Knicks are counting on that.

You coming in here and saying they should be giving minutes to a washed up Noah "if he was 85%" when Noah hasnt has a good year since 2014 and has had career ending injuries every year since.

And then you acting like you dropping science.

Go back to defending Marcus Smarts game winning plays. You got your nice little niche, stick to it bruh.

The same reason he got that 4 year contract is the same reason I’m saying the Knicks should see what they have, his downfall was injuries and I don’t know if he doesn’t care anymore and is just laughing to the bank or has been preparing for one last run but with extensive time off it doesn’t sound crazy to me that he could come back and help that team, and don’t try to sound smart this is same clown who was telling me we should of traded Jaylen Brown, Smart, either Avery Bradley or Crowder and what is now Jayson Tatum for Paul George, you ain’t that smart dog, I don’t need to defend Smart Brad plays him you want to tell me Brad don’t know what he’s doing? Go hed
  • Beta
    Options
    Please don't talk about Marcus smart again