93-yr old Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe out after military takes over.

Options

Comments

• PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    PureYang wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing bruh. This forum is largely negropeans tho. They don't gaf about the continent so don't expect this topic to get much burn

The average black person couldn't tell you the name of 2 members on their local city/county council , let alone the political discourse that takes place which affects their immediate lives (many would admit they could careless about that!)

Yet you want to reprimand them for not being knowledgeable on the political happenings going on 6000 plus miles away from them in another continent???

Where did i mention knowledge of the situation? You mind telling me?

I was talking about interest. 2 different things
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    anduin wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Didn't he kick out all the white people?

Yup. The farmers.

Thus he is demonized by the west.

A black man who did not appear to be bought off and exercised power as he saw fit.

Can't have that......(follow the money (funding))

i was in Zimbabwe last month , and alot of white people still live there , soooooo

YA1OZ.gif

because after they kicked them out, they realized they didn't have the people with decades of expertise to work the land so production dropped. The government didn't have anything to replace this gap so they went from a surplus of food to having to import food in Zimbabwe. So for the last several years they've been inviting white farmers back to help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_reform_in_Zimbabwe

Don't send me wiki pages about my country dawg that downright insulting

and lol at Zimbabweans not having expertise lmao , My Uncles and Cousins and Grand Parents own land and do a lot of Farming whether it Maize, Tobacco or Sugarcane and are damn good at it too , like a lot other Zimbabweans who are just as smart and as have expertise.

White people just don't want to do business with the current government because they would rather deal with their own , so please don't insult me by saying whites have better expertise yada yada because that false.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup. The farmers.

A black man who did not appear to be bought off and exercised power as he saw fit.

i was in Zimbabwe last month , and alot of white people still live there , soooooo

YA1OZ.gif

because after they kicked them out, they realized they didn't have the people with decades of expertise to work the land so production dropped. The government didn't have anything to replace this gap so they went from a surplus of food to having to import food in Zimbabwe. So for the last several years they've been inviting white farmers back to help.

and lol at Zimbabweans not having expertise lmao , My Uncles and Cousins and Grand Parents own land and do a lot of Farming whether it Maize, Tobacco or Sugarcane and are damn good at it too , like a lot other Zimbabweans who are just as smart and as have expertise.

White people just don't want to do business with the current government because they would rather deal with their own , so please don't insult me by saying whites have better expertise yada yada because that false.

so why did his advisers tell him not to kick out the white farmers because it would destroy the economy, which it did?

you operating under confirmation bias
  • fortyacres
    Options

Yup. The farmers.

YA1OZ.gif

so why did his advisers tell him not to kick out the white farmers because it would destroy the economy, which it did?

*sighs* have you ever been to or lived in Zimbabwe?
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options

Yup. The farmers.

YA1OZ.gif

*sighs* have you ever been to or lived in Zimbabwe?

nope, but this in my field of study. Educate me, no ? , im genuinely curious on your insight since you've actually lived there
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not saying they don't have expertise but farming is an economy of scale. You get rid of a third of your production and not have something to replace that with then a downturn is what happens. It doesn't even have to be whites, they're needing anyone who can fill those slots because there's not enough inside the country itself.

You have 100 farms but only 70 groups that know what they're doing so unless these groups get funding to expand their current operations to service those farms, governments will look at outsourcing or contracting workers. If there were enough experts to do all that then the numbers would've stayed the same or gone up, not dropped substantially. It's not a shot at Zimbabwe farmer skills.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PureYang wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing bruh. This forum is largely negropeans tho. They don't gaf about the continent so don't expect this topic to get much burn

The average black person couldn't tell you the name of 2 members on their local city/county council, let alone the political discourse that takes place which affects their immediate lives (many would admit they could careless about that!)

Yet you want to reprimand them for not being interested in the political happenings going on 6000 plus miles away from them in another continent???
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup. The farmers.

YA1OZ.gif

When you Hand-over the most fertile land from the whities to your fellow government cronies and not the local Zimbabweans who are highly knowledgable in agriculture you will get a severe slump in your main industry.

• CashmoneyDux
    Options
    I'm not saying they don't have expertise but farming is an economy of scale. You get rid of a third of your production and not have something to replace that with then a downturn is what happens. It doesn't even have to be whites, they're needing anyone who can fill those slots because there's not enough inside the country itself.

You have 100 farms but only 70 groups that know what they're doing so unless these groups get funding to expand their current operations to service those farms, governments will look at outsourcing or contracting workers. If there were enough experts to do all that then the numbers would've stayed the same or gone up, not dropped substantially. It's not a shot at Zimbabwe farmer skills.

This was my point @fortyacres . didnt mean to come off as accusatory, just from my understanding, he ? up by taking their land, which caused white flight, which then caused the economy to skydive. And then the land he said he was gonna use to house blacks, he gave most of it to his senior officials.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    i will explain later, its a bit long...
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is significant difference between small to medium faming and large scale industrial faming even if blacks knew how to do the first the second is a whole different animal.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He had a great run...hope he gets to live out his life in peace
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    There is significant difference between small to medium faming and large scale industrial faming even if blacks knew how to do the first the second is a whole different animal.

Are you saying that blacks can't do large scale industrial farming?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    ahahahah ? Mugabe
    When you Hand-over the most fertile land from the whities to your fellow government cronies and not the local Zimbabweans who are highly knowledgable in agriculture you will get a severe slump in your main industry.
    honestly, you can boil this down to "don't hand ? over to cronies just because they're cronies if you want quality results"

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    rf0tu70hg480.jpeg

hum535jxs68f.jpeg

What happened to homie Morgan, i remember when he got boxed upside his head

He was/is in exile , he is not the one to lead the country

@fortyacres
    Where you think the looted money is?
    Seychelles, China, South Africa?

I think a forensic audit is needed by the next President

China , because they are leading the new age imperialism in Africa.

There is no ethics in their business and buy of easily corruptible politicians (which is a systemic virus), because they dont under stand the role of public office from the jump.

Zimbabwe needs a completely new brand new constitution and a multi party system, and move on from being a solely agrarian focused country and old traditionalists, we thank you for the revolution but you can ? off now.

China wont freeze accounts, better hope theres some in South Africa. You got to purge Mugabes family - they got to sit in prison

Man, Africa needs one ? country to get their act together. I mean maybe its Botswana or Rwanda but itd be better if it was a big country like Kenya, South Africa, Ethiopia, or Nigeria.

Mugabe aint going to prison and he and his family arent the only problem interms of "purging", Tradition and beliefs come to play here , socially Zimbabweans are designed a bit different. There is a reverence for elders especially those who fought in the revolutionary war right or wrong.

Africa will be fine , the oldest African independent republic is 60 years old thats a really short time , folks will get it together eventually.

@fortyacres
    You sure?
    Nigerias Central banker Sanusi finds fraud gets put on house arrest, if he wasnt from a prominent family hed be dead. Oil minister Allison-Madueke fleeced the govt for 150 and i aint talking Young Dolph. Kenya elections violent and fraudelent. Zuma riding around flossing while the rest of south africa in ? . Congo and Kabila letting Glencore and Tall israelis run ? . I mean Eq Guinea should be the real life Wakanda - only 1.3 million people with large oil reserves

? got to get their act together, all that 8% GDP growth dont mean ? if your people cant share in it.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
  • fortyacres
    Options
    @fortyacres wya bro

i will engage when im ready , im just reading all the experts who've never been to any African country giving their two cents lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont appreciate being lumped into the black Americans dont know crowd.

i tend to focus on what and where my interests are...regardless if its africa, america, south america , europe or asia.

if anyone wanna run the fade......what the fukk?
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    @fortyacres wya bro

i will engage when im ready , im just reading all the experts who've never been to any African country giving their two cents lol

Been to Africa twice, b
  • fortyacres
    Options
    @fortyacres wya bro

Been to Africa twice, b

all 54 countries? , congrats ive never done that..
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    @fortyacres wya bro

Been to Africa twice, b

You want a medal, or you gon stop deflecting and give us insight?
  • fortyacres
    Options
    @fortyacres wya bro

Been to Africa twice, b

You want a medal, or you gon stop deflecting and give us insight?

c1v4xia7zaeq.gif

i will post when i feel like it , not on your time.
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    Lmao no solid rebuttal. Nice *fab voice *
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so im watching the news

am they said the country is 90% african but that the .6% of whites own like 70% of the agriculture.

they are angry that he took it from most of them and gave it to people with no farming skills.

they are wondering how come he didnt work with the whites to peacefuly transition some of the land an not be so violent when taking it.

so im liketenor.gif?itemid=4180987