Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Celtics look like the 2016 Hawks except the serious defense.

Yeah, the defense is fresh and legitly serious.

Defense is the fastest way to try to beat the Warriors... aint it Houston Rockets?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great win last night, this dude Barkley is going to ? me off he started this agenda against a couple weeks ago now he’s going to keep it going the rest of the year, but a lot of good came out of last night, my favorite was Kyrie getting superstar treatment in the end, the nba knows the worst possible thing that could happen to the league is Cleveland going to the finals no more biased officiating to get Bron in you will see more calls go our way, other than that Brown playing inspired ball and showing that future star potential, Tatum not playing well but coming through in the end, Horford continuing to play some of the best ball of his career, and last but not least Marcus Smart finishing a +15 not only playing impeccable defense but our offense goes from alright to elite when he is on the floor, making winning plays as usual hopefully with the bad shooting we can keep him at a discount and bring back Baynes as well
  • FedeRICO_Fellini
    FedeRICO_Fellini Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That Lil' Midget Bootleg Thomas ain't played yet

D. Rose in & outta' the Lineup

D. Wade is way past Father Prime

J.R. still be high during games

The LeBron Narrative gotta' do everything on the Court

Them young Guns, Giannis, his Left Handed Son, Ben Simmons, coming 4 his head in the East.

Oh & Kyrie is the front runner for MVP

au8rny44g8if.gif

The LeBron Narrative needs more HELP

nz40lsmsb85k.gif

• Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I remember back, I think it was 2002 when the Mavericks started the season winning there first 14 games...went 7 games in the first and second round with lesser opponents, eventually got bounced....this season has a familiar feel to it.

Also league office needs to sit down and take a look at the tape...I don’t root for or against Golden State or boston but the discrepancy in calls was a little disturbing, not so much the calls boston got but the calls GS didn’t get. Jaylen Brown block and Marcus Morris block we’re both clear as day.

#NiggazWritingParagraphsOverMeaninglessVictories
    #FOH
  • wizedidit
    wizedidit Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    LET'S GO 14 IN A ROW JAYLEN WITH A HUGE 22 POINTS AND KYRIE AND HORFORD WERE BIG DOWN THE STRETCH. HELD THE HIGHEST SCORING TEAM THAT AVERAGED 119PPG TO 88 MY SQUAD NEEDS RESPECT, NO FEAR AND BACK FROM 17 DOWN. IF THIS CONTINUES THIS SQUAD IS APPROACHING ELITE STATUS. STEVENS A GENIUS FOR MAKING THE WARRIORS PLAY AT OUR PACE GRINDING IT OUT. S/O TO OUR BACKCOURT FORCING STEPH AND KLAY INTO TRASH GAMES, LET'S GO

6sj0m0jyer40.gif

Your Baltimore County ass would post a Dru Hill gif

Fym they legends bra I'm on druid hills rite now lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Can’t wait to see how awful a fit IT is going to be in Cleveland and watching him get exposed in the first round on another team
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean you can realistically say that its still a year or two early for the Celtics and they will lose in the playoffs to either the Cavs or the Warriors and though many will disagree, it will still be a respectable opinion.

However you cant sit and act like the Celtics arent real. The Celtics are an Elite team even with Hayward out and a bunch of kids playing.

? the Celtics just for being the Celtics but you got to give them their just due.

All the props go to Brad Stevens. I honestly thought it would take longer to get Kyrie to play a more controlled offense where he set the pace. I thought for the first year there would be issues with him isoing too much and taking bad shots, but he is actually picking his spots and playing system basketball.
  • wizedidit
    Options
    Last night got ugly and that's what you need to beat gs..our defense is legit I wasn't feeling kyries bad game but he played good D so it made up for it Tatum looked a lil shell shocked which is to be expected 14 in a row
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another thing is everyone in here including me and even the Boston fans were saying that defensively the Celtics will be alright cause they are replacing the worst defensive guard with another almost as bad and since overall they were a good defensive team with IT, they will be good with Kyrie too.

But now we are seeing that Kyrie went from a terrible defender to average and maybe even a bit slightly above average defender in Brads system. He has the 14th best defensive rating of any guard so far this season. If the player who is supposed to be your defensive liability has the 14th best defensive rating for guards, you dont have anything to worry about.

If Kyrie keeps this up all season, it would mean Boston won that trade by miles. If yall remember we were all saying that Kyrie will match ITs offensive output and they would be a wash defensively and the trade was good for the Celtics because they got the younger guard. But now we are seeing that Kyrie in Brads system is a way better overall player than IT was.

Also, kind of the scary to think if Brads system boosted Kyries defensive rating from the 65th best guard last season to the 14th this season, how bad is IT gonna be defensively now that he is not in Brads system?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Another thing is everyone in here including me and even the Boston fans were saying that defensively the Celtics will be alright cause they are replacing the worst defensive guard with another almost as bad and since overall they were a good defensive team with IT, they will be good with Kyrie too.

But now we are seeing that Kyrie went from a terrible defender to average and maybe even a bit slightly above average defender in Brads system. He has the 14th best defensive rating of any guard so far this season. If the player who is supposed to be your defensive liability has the 14th best defensive rating for guards, you dont have anything to worry about.

If Kyrie keeps this up all season, it would mean Boston won that trade by miles. If yall remember we were all saying that Kyrie will match ITs offensive output and they would be a wash defensively and the trade was good for the Celtics because they got the younger guard. But now we are seeing that Kyrie in Brads system is a way better overall player than IT was.

Also, kind of the scary to think if Brads system boosted Kyries defensive rating from the 65th best guard last season to the 14th this season, how bad is IT gonna be defensively now that he is not in Brads system?

throw in a bad hip that even if he’s physically ready mentally he’s not going to want to put more wear and tear on that hip by playing as good of defense as he can possibly play
  • wizedidit
    Options

throw in a bad hip that even if he’s physically ready mentally he’s not going to want to put more wear and tear on that hip by playing as good of defense as he can possibly play

What u got against it bra? I feel like the cave actually need him he was my man on the c's I ain't going switch up
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Can’t wait to see how awful a fit IT is going to be in Cleveland and watching him get exposed in the first round on another team

Don't do this bruh, this a whole 180 from 6 months ago

No it’s not I’m not going to dickride a player just because he played for the Celtics, before he got traded I was saying he needs to be a part time starter part time 6th man depending on matchups if we are ever going to be real contenders and now with Hayward we’re not as offensively deficient without him on the floor, and after the trade I been saying I don’t see him being a good fit in Cleveland even if he does come back 100%, two years in a row he got exposed in the first round facts so tell me what exactly am I doing? Don’t do what?
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Options
    IT will be okay he’s no longer the best player on his team like he was last year on that trash Celtics squad. He on a team built to win championships and not on one built to only succeed in the regular season and fail in the post season the way Brad Steven’s teams have struggled in the post season since he’s been a NBA coach.

#3xReigning
    #DidStephCurryEvenPlayLastNight?
    #WasntGoldenStateUp20DespiteThat...
    #Lol
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2017
    Options
    wizedidit wrote: »

What u got against it bra? I feel like the cave actually need him he was my man on the c's I ain't going switch up

You weirdos and your personal feelings you catch for these players, what’s so wrong about what I said there we’re talking about a guy who is a liability on defense as it is when he’s 100% but now with a bad hip what do you think he’s going to come back and be better? Stop
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If you think playing with Bron will escalate IT’s game and he’ll be just as good if not better fine, I personally don’t believe that I think the system and players here was a big reason for his success and it’s not going to be the same and if he’s not getting buckets he’s not helping that team, what that team desperately needs isn’t what IT brings, yea they are better with him he’s a good player but it’s not going to be smooth sailing when he comes back like people are saying, Kyrie will expose him and you seen what our defense did to Steph last night
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    IT will be okay he’s no longer the best player on his team like he was last year on that trash Celtics squad. He on a team built to win championships and not on one built to only succeed in the regular season and fail in the post season the way Brad Steven’s teams have struggled in the post season since he’s been a NBA coach.

#3xReigning
    #DidStephCurryEvenPlayLastNight?
    #WasntGoldenStateUp20DespiteThat...
    #Lol

I know this is your shtick, but you're easily one of the most delusional posters on this forum lol
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Options
    I’m delusional?
    So we haven’t gone to the finals for the past 3 years?
    We haven’t SWEPT the highly respected Brad Stevens out the playoffs TWICE out of the last 3 years? (And I’m counting last year because winning a buzzer beater on a bank shot is luck, ask bulls fans)
    Is trash ass Marcus Smart not the best player on there bench?

You right I must have imagined all of that...I be high....blame it on the Gelato.

#3xReigning
    #InThePlayoffsTheTruthComesOut
    #DontSpendTooMuchTimeStudyingRegulerSeasonStats
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Every time jae moms sees anything positive being said about the celtics he be

ktqvrz2uladf.gif

Probably denting ? in them steel toe boots.This swagless herb drives a ford-150 lmaooo

Shut your casual ass up it's ova

Lmao I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 (I don’t like fords) and 1 of my tires are more then half of your paycheck....we not talking rims....just 1 tire alone.

damn you’re corny
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Options
    Every time jae moms sees anything positive being said about the celtics he be

ktqvrz2uladf.gif

Probably denting ? in them steel toe boots.This swagless herb drives a ford-150 lmaooo

Shut your casual ass up it's ova

Lmao I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 (I don’t like fords) and 1 of my tires are more then half of your paycheck....we not talking rims....just 1 tire alone.

damn you’re corny

damn you broke
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I’m delusional?
    So we haven’t gone to the finals for the past 3 years?
    We haven’t SWEPT the highly respected Brad Stevens out the playoffs TWICE out of the last 3 years? (And I’m counting last year because winning a buzzer beater on a bank shot is luck, ask bulls fans)
    Is trash ass Marcus Smart not the best player on there bench?

You right I must have imagined all of that...I be high....blame it on the Gelato.

#3xReigning
    #InThePlayoffsTheTruthComesOut
    #DontSpendTooMuchTimeStudyingRegulerSeasonStats

Nope this didn’t happen