JAY-Z: “At this very moment America is way more sexist than they are racist."…

Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    when they are talking about sexism.. they dont even think about your blackasses.. you are not considered.. women across all races experience the sexism/abuse minority women have it worse also.. from within their various ethnic groups then from. cacs many dont see it a some shared struggle..evidenced by the deafening silence that sandra bland to a lesser degree Maxine Waterss/Jemelle Hill to name prominent examples

Nah, king, jamele retweeted an article dissing black men so it's ? her forever according to some IC dudes...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not some "WOKE" dude on women issues, far from it. But I admit that women no matter the situation will get the short end of the stick the majority of the time. That is the way society has been built forever. Christianity literally short changes women as coming from the rib of a man even though women give birth to all. Even that is seen as a punishment.

I will never know how it is to be a woman just like a white person will never know how it is to be me. I am willing to listen and adjust my behavior to a certain extent to make a women feel more comfortable in my presence. Just like race relations, that is all you can truly expect.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a problem that people have across the board say one thing that you may not agree with then people are dead serious about casting aspersions and dismissing them outright.. its ? stupid i mean some people are just stupid and dont even known that ? is dangerous.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many of yall ? doing the whitey "stick to sports" shtick and dont even know it

naw ? see jay for what he is which is an opportunist...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    He's right though. Sexism is something that runs in all the races. Most cultures women are treated as second class citizens. Racism tends to be some white ? against everybody else ? .
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    He's right though. Sexism is something that runs in all the races. Most cultures women are treated as second class citizens. Racism tends to be some white ? against everybody else ? .

You've never seen a chinese man be racist towards a black man? Or an indian ? on mexicans? It's not just a white against everybody else ? . It's divide and conquer tactics.
  • Broddie
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So many of yall ? doing the whitey "stick to sports" shtick and dont even know it

naw ? see jay for what he is which is an opportunist...

Why is opportunist always used negatively? Nobody would be successful if they weren't

This is true and the one thing I do give Jay-Z credit on is that he has never denied it. He's admitted it in his music from the beginning.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Explain. Because if Jay just said sexism is a problem I don't think anyone would disagree. But when he compared sexism to racism then it's s total different argument now. No different than when ? people compare their movement with the civil rights movement etc.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, You would have to ask a black woman. We really can't call it.

Seeing the reactions, this is classic 'shoot the messenger'. Y'all going at Jay instead of addressing the context of the statement.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that people are offended by this only validates his opinion.

Alot of you ? ? got more ? in you than the ? you hate. That's the reason why when women speak on their hardships, you jump at the opportunity to treat them the way white people been treating us for 500+ years.
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nobody is getting shot by the cops because of gender

How many people you know getting ? because of their race?
    Kat wrote: »
    gorilla wrote: »
    He being real disingenuous right now, by taking advantage of the hot topic of the moment. All these accusations coming out, is it really that surprising he's making that statement? Jay a very smart dude, he said it for cool points.

What about the money cash ? 's tho? This dude made a career talking bout how much money he make and how he ? on women, now he's a women's rights advocate. FOH

He needs to be quiet before any skeletons in his own closet start rattling.

You mean like the 21 years worth of music detailing his sexual, criminal, and otherwise exploits that he put out on his own?

Or do you mean like that book by Karrine Superhead Stephans?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    One of the few times I went on LSA (don't ever go there it's a ? cess pool), I saw a thread that asked if it were up to you would you get rid of racism or sexism first. I didn't go through the whole thread, but most of the replies said racism (which is also my answer). Take from that what you will.

However, I feel like it's being lost on ppl (not necessarily on the discussion here, but when I read, hear or partake in this discussion elsewhere) that women also face racism on top of the sexism. And racism a lot of times is only discussed from a black males vs cops pov.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    One of the few times I went on LSA (don't ever go there it's a ? cess pool), I saw a thread that asked if it were up to you would you get rid of racism or sexism first. I didn't go through the whole thread, but most of the replies said racism (which is also my answer). Take from that what you will.

However, I feel like it's being lost on ppl (not necessarily on the discussion here, but when I read, hear or partake in this discussion elsewhere) that women also face racism on top of the sexism. And racism a lot of times is only discussed from a black males vs cops pov.

Did you know that racism is a product of sexism?

By denying women their humanity and treating them as property, a result of religious culture, the door is opened to treat other men similarly and worse because of what men are capable of physically.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Lol @ Black Ken he looks more like Blacula. I'm sure Lil B wasn't amused.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool when jay was talkin about kaepernick and meek at his other shows but now ? want him to shut up and stick to rap lol

YES! lol
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    It was cool when jay was talkin about kaepernick and meek at his other shows but now ? want him to shut up and stick to rap lol

YES! lol

? did you buy a ticket? ? you mad about what he saying at HIS show? Lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think sexism carries the same stigma/negative connotations as racism, nor should it. Sexism is a tricky subject because of the relationship between men/women and the presence of double standards. I think the consequences of racism have been harsher so it's easy to say his claim is ridiculous. But sexism has been adopted by men of all races so if we talking volume.....

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <—- 100th post by the way...