JAY-Z: “At this very moment America is way more sexist than they are racist."…

Options

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love to sit in on the Senate
    And tell the whole government
    Y'all don't treat women fair
    She read about herself in the bible
    Believing she the reason sin is here
    You played her, with an apron
    Like, "Bring me my dinner, dear."
    She the ? here
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    i always find it crazy that culturally.. African Americans are the only ones i know of that treat their women as equals.. i dont believe in this by the way..

but they even teach MALES AND FEMALES growin up to FIND UR EQUAL..sexism wasnt a problem WITHIN the black community..

? aint under attack like black men.. black people..
    in other races maybe Jay statements hold true.. but he know he’s full of ? ..

but eh.. we talkin about a ? who can sell water to a whale.. now they got him sellin this ? .

Sexism was a problem even within the civil rights movement. Go read the women who were part of the movement and see what they had to say about it. Or even within the Black Panthers. Go read about how the women involved with the Panthers truly felt about a man in Eldridge Cleaver who was convicted of ? and said in his own book that he ? black women because he knew nobody cared about them, being elevated so highly. Its alwats existed we just have the luxury as men of dismissing the ?

soone ? out here rapin ? now we have a ? issue within the black community??!

got it!

why is it only wit blacks one bad encompasses the whole?! that wasnt an individual incident?! cool!

? lesbian.

Its not just about 1 person, and you're really being simplistic and stupid if you think black men don't ? black women....its about the fact that a man who admitted to seeing black women as less than was catapulted to the spotlight of a movement designed to help black people...

Also going back to the Civil Rights movement the mere fact that Rosa Parks was used as the catalyst for the bus boycott was steeped in sexism because the original young lady they were going to build it around was deemed unworthy and not good because she was a single mother.

Even within movements designed to help black folks overall the feelings and wants of black women were pushed to the backburner and even now whenever they get brought up a bunch of "what about me we got it worse" ? like you always come running to tell them once again to be quiet instead of actually listening and hearing the ? they say they deal with. In your attempt to keep it established that black men have it worse you're perpetuating the very attitude you are saying doesn't exist towards sexism
  • blackrain
    Options
    You a ol "You should help me but I don't have to help you" ass ?

? helpin me is helpin us!

when they wanted to destroy the black family they aint target black ? .. they targeted black men...

they did that for a reason..
    i love to use the chess reference.. a black Queen is the most powerful piece... but the black King is the most important piece.. if u dont get that point aint no need in hs talkin any further..

everyone has a role to play a position to fill..

but nah.. they have systematically wit the war on drugs and welfare taken black men out of the equation and the black family has suffered because of it..

irrefutable..

Except when it's not.

When black men tell black women that issues that specifically affect black women aren't important or should be continuously put on the back burner, that's a slap in the face and blatant sexism.

When a black woman says "black men needs to stop beating and ? us" and your response is "shut up ? and help me fight the white man", that's blatant sexism.

so black men are out here beatin and rapin they women like its the thing to do?!

i did not know that..

? let these ? tell it..
    they dont need a ? .. they not wit a ? so who’s bein ? and beat by a ? they dont have and need?!

Yes ? !

You know that ? "what about black on black crime" narrative racists like to mention? It's because we are actually doing the ? the stats say. Black women are with black men more than anything else which means they're more likely to be beaten and ? by, who? Black men.

The fact that you're acting oblivious to the plight of black women only furthers the point that sexism is at least as dangerous as racism, if not worse.

im not oblivious to the plight of black women..
    im indifferent on domestic violence cause thats a relationship..

that ? goes home to that every night when she could leave him and go to a ? that wont beat her.. she can help that..

a ? cant help what the system does to him..
    he cant help that he’s bein targeted.. so excuse me for thinkin thats more of a problem than a ? gettin her ass beat by a ? she loves..

we not gonna even get on donestic abuse in its entirety tho. cause u do know men are domestically abused as well.. verbal abuse is worse than physical abuse incase u aint know..

and women are verbally abusive to their mate..
    i bet u know more verbally abusive women than u do physically abusive men..

or am i wrong to assume??

You say leave as if its that simple. You don't know a good portion of women who arw killed or hurt in domestic abuse cases happens AFTER they already leave and the man comes and finds them do you? How often do restraining orders get violated?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

when they wanted to destroy the black family they aint target black ? .. they targeted black men...

i love to use the chess reference.. a black Queen is the most powerful piece... but the black King is the most important piece.. if u dont get that point aint no need in hs talkin any further..

but nah.. they have systematically wit the war on drugs and welfare taken black men out of the equation and the black family has suffered because of it..

irrefutable..

False, they targeted both, from the very beginning.

And you have to start at the beginning.

I'm not saying that Jay is 100% right, but it's a discussion. Why didn't white women have the right to vote before black men?

Why is it that black women have it harder than everyone? (Don't try to against that either)

okay u ? lesbian..
    how was BOTH targeted in the beginning?! and how do black women have it harder?!

whats harder than bein dead or in prison..

cause last i checked black ? out here gettin free government aid at the cost of black men (welfare) arent they the most educated demographic or some ? .. they aint sittin on the unemployed line.. i mean they may be gettin paid less than their white male coworker but least they have a job.. they aint missin work.. they aint gettin pulled over and they aint goin to jail at the rate these black men are..

please tell me how black women have it harder than black men..

i aint talkin about other races cause them ? aint my problem..

The beginning = black people in America... As in slavery...as in black women being ? etc... You want to argue that?

Black women have it harder because women have had it harder.

Please don't act like you don't understand the pecking order. White man > white woman > Dogs > other animals > black men > black women

This MF said black women are more educated...as if that ? is something given to them. They are going to the same college black men may have CHOSEN to NOT go to.

Generally speaking, if you have an education, you will have more opportunities. That isn't something out of black men's grasp...

After you break down the racial walls, you still have the boys club.

u cant talk slavery..
    but that even supports my argument that we have always been under the same oppressor.. and women’s fight was never wit ALL MEN but the white man cause we was in the struggle together..

but even then black women were bein ? and black men were bein hung..

and please dont tell me ur this ? dumb..
    there are studies out on the school to prison pipeline..
    how black kids PREDOMINANTLY boys are pretty much bein suspended and disciplined at higher rates than other kids.. they are takin black boys out the game early and givin black women free rides to college.. and if they aint ? givin them free food for them and they aint ? babies and sendin ? to jail for the money they dont got to feed this aint ? ? and they kids..

my ? u still aint told me how black ? got ot worse out here than black ? outside of sayin “they jus do..” if thats ur argument ? forever ? the ? up..

So you admit that we share the same oppressor...1-1

But if you know anything about most societies, don't women have to submit to men? Don't women have less power? Less power = more struggle. Simple as that.

2-1 black women have it harder. They have to deal with racial AND gender discrimination. Black men only have to deal with the racial side.

iv always stated we have the same oppressor..
    amd i also stated if u read that traditionally black men IN AMERICA have treated they women as equal..

we are practically Matriarchal for cryin out loud..

black boys are bein killed by police and other black boys and sent to prison.. that is all due to the system thats in play.. not sayin the black female doesnt have her struggle but she not bein gunned down the ? is worse than that?! bein called a ? and bein told to shut the ? up!?
  • CapitalB
    Options

irrefutable..

Except when it's not.

When black men tell black women that issues that specifically affect black women aren't important or should be continuously put on the back burner, that's a slap in the face and blatant sexism.

When a black woman says "black men needs to stop beating and ? us" and your response is "shut up ? and help me fight the white man", that's blatant sexism.

so black men are out here beatin and rapin they women like its the thing to do?!

i did not know that..

? let these ? tell it..
    they dont need a ? .. they not wit a ? so who’s bein ? and beat by a ? they dont have and need?!

Yes ? !

You know that ? "what about black on black crime" narrative racists like to mention? It's because we are actually doing the ? the stats say. Black women are with black men more than anything else which means they're more likely to be beaten and ? by, who? Black men.

The fact that you're acting oblivious to the plight of black women only furthers the point that sexism is at least as dangerous as racism, if not worse.

im not oblivious to the plight of black women..
    im indifferent on domestic violence cause thats a relationship..

that ? goes home to that every night when she could leave him and go to a ? that wont beat her.. she can help that..

a ? cant help what the system does to him..
    he cant help that he’s bein targeted.. so excuse me for thinkin thats more of a problem than a ? gettin her ass beat by a ? she loves..

we not gonna even get on donestic abuse in its entirety tho. cause u do know men are domestically abused as well.. verbal abuse is worse than physical abuse incase u aint know..

and women are verbally abusive to their mate..
    i bet u know more verbally abusive women than u do physically abusive men..

or am i wrong to assume??

You say leave as if its that simple. You don't know a good portion of women who arw killed or hurt in domestic abuse cases happens AFTER they already leave and the man comes and finds them do you? How often do restraining orders get violated?

i didnt say leavin was simple..
    i did say she WILLINGLY got into that situation tho.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL at America being more sexist than racist

The last presidential elections deaded that. (White) Women still voted in Trump despite him having been recorded on audio encouraging sexual harassment on women

So which comes first? Racism or Sexism?

On topic sidenote....I heard this interview from Melissa Harris Perry talking about ppl being shocked that white women voted for trump despite that...but she said white women typically vote for the conservative candidate period. So white women voting for trump, or rather expecting them to vote for the "liberal" female candidate wasn't gonna happen regardless.

So basically White women will vote a conservative dude who boldly espouses sexual predation on women just because he's a conservative?

• blackrain
    Options
    This also boils down again to people playing Oppression Olympics...like the fear of simply acknowledging someone else's struggle all of a sudden lessens yours. The back and forth about who has it worse is stupid. Everybody got it ? up if you not white especially not a white man. All the bickering does is further increase the time that everything is ?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    This also boils down again to people playing Oppression Olympics...like the fear of simply acknowledging someone else's struggle all of a sudden lessens yours. The back and forth about who has it worse is stupid. Everybody got it ? up if you not white especially not a white man. All the bickering does is further increase the time that everything is ?

we didnt start the “who has it worse” convo..
    ur lesbian bretheren Jay did..

i bet both yall ? get ? by ur wives wit ur legs open and them wit theirs closed.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

The last presidential elections deaded that. (White) Women still voted in Trump despite him having been recorded on audio encouraging sexual harassment on women

On topic sidenote....I heard this interview from Melissa Harris Perry talking about ppl being shocked that white women voted for trump despite that...but she said white women typically vote for the conservative candidate period. So white women voting for trump, or rather expecting them to vote for the "liberal" female candidate wasn't gonna happen regardless.

So basically White women will vote a conservative dude who boldly espouses sexual predation on women just because he's a conservative?

No white women voted that way because they know when its all said and done who and how their bread is buttered regardless of their struggles with sexism.

White women stay on code and get the ? in line when told to. They seem to understand there are certain things at play thats bigger than their complaints about sexism, etc.

So they're willing to back their white male counterparts play for the time being and go back to complaining and fighting their fight later.

that sir maybe the definition
  • CapitalB
    Options
    anyways... thats my time ladies and lesbians..

i got “new work” to do.
  • LPast
    Options

No white women voted that way because they know when its all said and done who and how their bread is buttered regardless of their struggles with sexism.

White women stay on code and get the ? in line when told to. They seem to understand there are certain things at play thats bigger than their complaints about sexism, etc.

So they're willing to back their white male counterparts play for the time being and go back to complaining and fighting their fight later.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but that is the Republican way in general.

Democrats needed to be excited about their canidate. Republicans play to win regardless. See Roy Moore.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Democrats needed to be excited about their canidate. Republicans play to win regardless. See Roy Moore.

Most of what I'm saying is outside of politics. There are white women who are democrat and republican who fight for women's issues but when its time they fall the ? back, get on code and follow the plan that is laid out for white people(man, woman & child) and after whatever needed to be handled is handled then they go back to speaking out about their women's issues.

There was a reason 53% of white women voted for Trump and you better believe that ? crossed party lines.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could easily ask a person who is both black and woman how they view what he said, but that would be too much like right. I see where he was trying to go with that statement, although he should have communicated his point more clearly to ensure that it would not be misconstrued (Though I cant say it would have made much of a difference). This is a very complex subject matter that you cannot condense to a reductive statement.

I didn't interpret this as him saying sexism is more damaging than racism. He is claiming that it is more insidious. That is an indisputable fact. We as black people are far quicker to acknowledge racism than sexism. Injustice against black men will typically garner much more sympathy and recognition than that of black women. And by no means is this unique to black people. You would be hard pressed to find a single ethnic group on the planet that is not misogynistic at its core. When they are oppressed, they will fight back as a collective, but they will still oppress their own women. It is a form of injustice that is universally accepted as natural and normal. Even the most enlightened societies still exhibit this.
    Honestly, You would have to ask a black woman. We really can't call it.

Seeing the reactions, this is classic 'shoot the messenger'. Y'all going at Jay instead of addressing the context of the statement.

I'm not making a value statement on these two posts but I have a substantial problem with the overvaluing of anecdotes and "personal experience" politics.

We have statistics for a reason.

Which brings me to why I'm not really weighing in on this: sexism and racism have been devalued to the point where they really don't mean anything.

Part of the big issue is how we define and apply these terms. Since it's immediately accepted that you can't be racist against whites or sexist against men it immediately skews all data on the subject.

We have created victim classes and gone overboard in protecting these classes to the point where any challenge they face is deemed to be because of their "victim" status.

Which leads to this Oppression Olympics garbage instead of healthy discussion or debate on a subject.
  • LPast
    Options

Most of what I'm saying is outside of politics. There are white women who are democrat and republican who fight for women's issues but when its time they fall the ? back, get on code and follow the plan that is laid out for white people(man, woman & child) and after whatever needed to be handled is handled then they go back to speaking out about their women's issues.

There was a reason 53% of white women voted for Trump and you better believe that ? crossed party lines.

But their other choice was a liberal white woman feminist. Why would they vote against that?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But their other choice was a liberal white woman feminist. Why would they vote against that?

Emails
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Your question was already answered in my first post.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Emails

Nah white supremacy
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    White supremacy benefits white women and more often than not they are the ones conditioning the "superiority" of white supremacy in their white children.

The white man may plant the seed but the white woman nurtures it. This is why you always hear these hotep dudes scream that the white woman is the most racist and hateful of them all. Of course they then turn around and bed these women but that's a different topic.

You even see that in movies with how much more insidious white women are portayed than ? up white men (ie: Get Out) or movies based on factual events like 12 Years a Slave etc.

So with that in mind is it a wonder they helped Drumpf get in?

Even in his own admin who have been most adamantly supporting his agenda? His press secretary (Sanders), his counselor (Conway), his daughter. All white women.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So basically I think you're saying White women will put race first before sexist attitudes by men towards them? Right?

The way I see it and also using the last Presidential elections as another example: Trump is a White nationalist and racist. He hasn't hidden that and y'all should remember before this uproar with Harvey Weinstein regarding sexual abuse allegations a handful of women also alleged Trump assaulted them years back during the campaign trail ...

Hilary Clinton despite being a 'liberal' and whatever her political ideologies and party affiliations is still a woman. So in any case if she was elected she'd have been the very first female POTUS and I assume would have looked out for the interests of women better ...

Britain and Germany two of the most advanced and powerful nations in the world are currently run by women ...

I think JAY-Z was off the mark with his statements ...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

So basically I think you're saying White women will put race first before sexist attitudes by men towards them? Right?

The way I see it and also using the last Presidential elections as another example: Trump is a White nationalist and racist. He hasn't hidden that and y'all should remember before this uproar with Harvey Weinstein regarding sexual abuse allegations a handful of women also alleged Trump assaulted them years back during the campaign trail ...

Hilary Clinton despite being a 'liberal' and whatever her political ideologies and party affiliations is still a woman. So in any case if she was elected she'd have been the very first female POTUS and I assume would have looked out for the interests of women better ...

Britain and Germany two of the most advanced and powerful nations in the world are currently run by women ...

Every group put their race first. Black people are the only ones that make this a debate. Especially black women.
  • D. Morgan
    edited November 2017
    Options

5th Letter wrote: »

Every group put their race first. Black people are the only ones that make this a debate. Especially black women.

Both of yall 100% correct!!!

@rip.dilla that is in regards to your questions. That is exactly what white women do put race before those other issues.

• gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    v498ze7e9hd7.gif

Black people the only minority sitting around arguing with each other about who has it worse. Other minority groups recognize they have the same struggle to overcome which is racism and that they need to work together. Our family unit BEEN destroyed which is why we're having a harder time getting further.

Hell black men can't accomplish what we need to do to move our community forward because we keep going back and forth arguing with our women. ? 's beyond ridiculous. Nobody is saying sexism doesn't exist, but to say this country is MORE sexist than racist ask yourself this:

If as a black woman, you woke up the next day as a black man, how would your quality of life here in this country significantly change for the better? Please answer me that.

These white women got ALL women fighting THEIR cause but they only really give a ? about other white women. They are a carbon copy of their white men. They specialize in oppressing other women, they just do it differently. Always have. What's going on now is the same power struggle between white men and white women there's always been. The white women wanna run ? and they realized there is strength in numbers long ago.

Absolutely we have our own set of issues with our sistas that need to be addressed. No disputing that. Same is true with how they treat us at times also. So are we going to stop calling each other ? and ? and work out these differences for good of the black family which is the ultimate strength of our community or nah?
  • blackrain
    Options

You pretty much just said black women need to be more like white women all the while validating their complaint
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    v498ze7e9hd7.gif

Black people the only minority sitting around arguing with each other about who has it worse. Other minority groups recognize they have the same struggle to overcome which is racism and that they need to work together. Our family unit BEEN destroyed which is why we're having a harder time getting further.

Hell black men can't accomplish what we need to do to move our community forward because we keep going back and forth arguing with our women. ? 's beyond ridiculous. Nobody is saying sexism doesn't exist, but to say this country is MORE sexist than racist ask yourself this:

If as a black woman, you woke up the next day as a black man, how would your quality of life here in this country significantly change for the better? Please answer me that.

These white women got ALL women fighting THEIR cause but they only really give a ? about other white women. They are a carbon copy of their white men. They specialize in oppressing other women, they just do it differently. Always have. What's going on now is the same power struggle between white men and white women there's always been. The white women wanna run ? and they realized there is strength in numbers long ago.

Absolutely we have our own set of issues with our sistas that need to be addressed. No disputing that. Same is true with how they treat us at times also. So are we going to stop calling each other ? and ? and work out these differences for good of the black family which is the ultimate strength of our community or nah?

Hate to say it but for right now the bold is the answer.

Too many feel black women's gender issues trump our racial issues.

The ? up a few black men do gets attributed to majority of black men and in some cases vice versa.