The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On second thought, FUNi's dub >>>>> that one >_>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nATtEXkCpbg

Always annoys me how it's some sort of cliche for Japan, and American media to always have super powerful people living in damn near poverty.

That's that unrealistic BS.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Interesting bit with Vegeta so that confirms he has no new form.

Finally ribrianne is gone.

I forgot how trill Androids were as a pair. 17 washed ? . They may not be as strong as we originally guessed but then again we ain't see 17 at his best yet.

Previews looking like the namekians are gonna be dope and put up a good fight. Sounds like they have a new healing ability and might fuse.

I'm happy the other characters are getting some shine now. Let's move away from Goku for a bit...

? ! lol Vegeta aint get his episode to shine yet but we all know its coming ma ? ..
    I actually think we got a small hint that Vegeta might be getting the offensive UI. Whis figured out that Vegeta was trying to figure out UI. When Vegeta gave up on trying to emulate Goku (defensive UI) and switched to pure offense, Whis said "That style fits him more." That could be foreshadowing. Or it could just be wishful thinking.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ribrianne gone?

full?d=1500079175
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

I forgot how trill Androids were as a pair. 17 washed ? . They may not be as strong as we originally guessed but then again we ain't see 17 at his best yet.

Previews looking like the namekians are gonna be dope and put up a good fight. Sounds like they have a new healing ability and might fuse.

I'm happy the other characters are getting some shine now. Let's move away from Goku for a bit...

? ! lol Vegeta aint get his episode to shine yet but we all know its coming ma ? ..
    I actually think we got a small hint that Vegeta might be getting the offensive UI. Whis figured out that Vegeta was trying to figure out UI. When Vegeta gave up on trying to emulate Goku (defensive UI) and switched to pure offense, Whis said "That style fits him more." That could be foreshadowing. Or it could just be wishful thinking.

They’ve been foreshadowing that for a while now .
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ribrianne gone?

full?d=1500079175

You almost got flagged for this bruh...

? himself animated her annoying ass getting tha ? outta here!!
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this is true, Vegito incoming...
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought whis comment was simply a joke
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foh with that offensive ui stuff
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I thought whis comment was simply a joke

Didn't seem like it to me. Seemed he was being serious about Vegeta being better suited for a more aggressive style. Whether it's foreshadowing of UI or not, I think Whis was playing it straight when he made that comment.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep it makes the most sense. When whis exposed both of their weaknesses, that's where UI was first introduced in the story.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    Lmao yall talking ? about speculations and accurate inferences like yall all safe from getting your card pulled

Exhibit A:
    Goten will be Zeno's new friend Goku was talking about

That would be dope af, I think Goten should be the son that trains and loves to fight. Make him a contrast to Gohan. They can still redo Goten and give him a spin off.

I think it's going to be Trunks tho. This deep into a storyline this complex you want to add a third wheel to the party. Think about when power rangers introduced the green ranger, gundam wing and the Epyon, sonic and tails then Knuckles joins, etc. Etc. Even in DBZ, for a while it was Vegeta and Goku and then Future Trunks joined the fray. It's very common in shows and stories to incorporate a third balance to extend the story and make it more interesting. Hell it might even be Black....

Im not even gon get on the ? who said blue haired future trunks and purple haired trunks are two different people
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Offensive or defensive UI doesn't make sense tho.... The point of it IS offense to win the battle at hand so imo it don't make sense to differentiate it between 2 ppl. I get it, we want Vegeta to achieve it and he will but I don't think it's gonna be like how ppl want.

And Piccolo will get eliminated next then 17 and 18 and then Frieza for the millionth time :lol: lolol

Another Vegeta hater >_>
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Offensive UI sounds dumb as hell. What is that supposed to be, just stealing off on somebody at will? No difference between that and being stronger. How would you even tell the difference? I guess in that case the cell juniors used UI against yamcha and them.

• inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Offensive UI sounds dumb as hell. What is that supposed to be, just stealing off on somebody at will? No difference between that and being stronger. How would you even tell the difference? I guess in that case the cell juniors used UI against yamcha and them.

Well when you put it that way....I guess that ? sounds just as dumb as being able to dodge any possible attack but when it comes time for you to fight back them ? dont hurt the person ur fighting right?
  • sdotcarter111
    Options

Well when you put it that way....I guess that ? sounds just as dumb as being able to dodge any possible attack but when it comes time for you to fight back them ? dont hurt the person ur fighting right?

Mayweather went undefeated using that tactic. So apparently not that dumb.

Offensive UI makes no logical sense. Give it up fam.
  • sdotcarter111
    Options
    Otoh, nothing in dragonball super makes any logical sense. So maybe offensive UI being a stupid as hell concept means there's a 90% chance it happens in the next episode.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Maybe its g.o.d power with ease. Ex. Beerus sneezes destroys a planet or many other things hes done without having to power up or maybe you can go ? yourself
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited November 2017
    Options

Have you ever boxed or taken a martial art? Did you ever do that drill where your opponent would open up a target at random? When you first do that drill, you're slow as hell because you have to process what you see. As you practice and get better, you shave time off until you can basically hit as soon as the person opens up.

That's basically real world UI. Whis already explained it. He said that Goku wasn't exhibiting the offensive side of UI because he was thinking too much about the transition between defense and offense. It's not that hard to imagine what it would look like. Basically, the user should be able to pre-empt or counter any attack because as an opponent shows his/her intent or recovers from an attack, the UI should be able to instantly capitalize. It makes just as much logical sense as defensive UI. I'm not sure why you would be able to conceive dodging without thinking, but not attacking.
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    Lmao Lonious and jono be on some other ?
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Lmao Lonious and jono be on some other ?

No way in hell im reading all of that stupid ?