Ma$e - The Oracle (Cam’ron Diss), Cam'ron responds with Dinner Time

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam blocking Juelz n Wayne from dropping "can't feel my face" helped destroy Juelz career and as a fan is unforgivable, ? was waiting on that ? to drop, just for cam to pull juelz out of it.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam saying he never did Juelz ? . Then saying it was 50/50. 50% Def Jam, 50% them. Turned to 25% Cam, 25% Jeulz. I know the music industry plays artists but 25%?

Haha, he was underneath Cam and got half the money that was given to Cam. Sounds like Juelz put up no money (so took no risk), and got 25% of the profits. I'm not familiar with how music industry deals work, but this doesn't sound bad. Your boss split his money with you 50/50?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Off topic a little bit but who was the bigger artist from NY in 98? Mase or DMX?

I heard mase A LOT more than X in 98.

Bad boy was everywhere. Songs that played on the radio constantly was "been around the world, mo money, mo problems, hypnotize, missing you, all about the benjamins, sky is the limit, can't nobody hold me down, feel so good and etc.

I was young so in my mind, they were everywhere

I was just jumping off of the porch in 98' too. I remember one person having that Harlem World album. When Ruff Ryder anthem touched down, That song was everywhere. But when 400 Degrees came out, it had the south going crazy. We were ready to grow up lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    its crazy everything cam said was taken as gospel for 20 years now folk wanna dissect mase diss. whats a lie bout cam leavin jim at rucker? true life did slap him correct? cam doin ? buisness deals? cam sending huddy on ? missions ? deep down it seems like cam know or dont have that same confidence/ arrogance he can beat mase bar for bar and its telling

Bruh..

Rucker- talked about to death and 10+ years ago
    Tru Life- talked about to death and 10+ years ago
    Huddy- dude got in a car accident, what's to diss? And 7 years ago

And it's not a dissection to say Cam doesn't have a sister. That's too big/blatant of a lie to give a pass on. Not like it's just an unconfirmed rumor.

Next beef 50 gets in lemme know how dope it is when he gets put on blast for getting shot 9 times. Or how strong the line is about him getting outshined on his "We are the Champions" verse when he was on Roc a Fella

then apply that same logic to every diss ever...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its crazy everything cam said was taken as gospel for 20 years now folk wanna dissect mase diss. whats a lie bout cam leavin jim at rucker? true life did slap him correct? cam doin ? buisness deals? cam sending huddy on ? missions ? deep down it seems like cam know or dont have that same confidence/ arrogance he can beat mase bar for bar and its telling

Bruh..

And it's not a dissection to say Cam doesn't have a sister. That's too big/blatant of a lie to give a pass on. Not like it's just an unconfirmed rumor.

Next beef 50 gets in lemme know how dope it is when he gets put on blast for getting shot 9 times. Or how strong the line is about him getting outshined on his "We are the Champions" verse when he was on Roc a Fella

Most disses don't come from a rapper who was ducking off in the church for 20 years while real ? is going and finally decide to pop back up when ? settles down recanting a bunch of old ? people already heard about in the past.. if you can find some diss tracks like that go head and name them
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    The main reason people going crazy is because Mase is the biggest rapper to ever come at Cam directly since 50 Cent
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Bruh..

Most disses don't come from a rapper who was ducking off in the church for 20 years while real ? is going and finally decide to pop back up when ? settles down recanting a bunch of old ? people already heard about in the past.. if you can find some diss tracks like that go head and name them

cam shoulda left dude alone it is what it is....
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    ? really think hov showed nas his "first tech" on tour w large professor.

Hol up family...beginning of the clip (35 secs) combat asks large professor about that specific line n large professors exact words were "jay spit facts"

https://youtu.be/WZ4EHHjV9J4

Was Large Professor holding Nas hand his entire life to know what types of guns he has and hasn't seen? Yes, he can verify Jay showed Nas a tech... he can't verify what type of guns Nas seen growing up in the largest housing projects in America. Use your brain

Youre right bro, ima take your word over the guy that personally know jay and nas and was there when it happened and mentioned it in multiple interviews

f8rqcntcgo1c.gif
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Hol up family...beginning of the clip (35 secs) combat asks large professor about that specific line n large professors exact words were "jay spit facts"

Was Large Professor holding Nas hand his entire life to know what types of guns he has and hasn't seen? Yes, he can verify Jay showed Nas a tech... he can't verify what type of guns Nas seen growing up in the largest housing projects in America. Use your brain

Youre right bro, ima take your word over the guy that personally know jay and nas and was there when it happened and mentioned it in multiple interviews

f8rqcntcgo1c.gif

Did you not follow the logic of my post or are you being intentionally obtuse?

The line goes "I showed you your first tec on tour with large professor, then I heard your album about your tec on the dresser"

So it's a fact that Jay showed Nas a tec, but how would anyone other than Nas be able to confirm that it was the first tec he ever saw and the reason he referred to it on his album? When you come from one of the worst public housing in the city it's safe to assume he seen plenty of straps before. His best friend/DJ got gunned down and his brother was a shooter.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    The main reason people going crazy is because Mase is the biggest rapper to ever come at Cam directly since 50 Cent

it was a great diss with great lines and flow. and it was unexpected. its deserves the props its getting

Yea but you saying "bow to royalty" logic of this diss not being as effective as everyone making it seem due to the content being all old ? and the background of their whole history should be applied to every diss record don't make sense because it's not the same context.. Yes it's a good song but you gotta take Mase with a EXTRA grain of salt and of course people rooting for the underdog as always
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam saying he never did Juelz ? . Then saying it was 50/50. 50% Def Jam, 50% them. Turned to 25% Cam, 25% Jeulz. I know the music industry plays artists but 25%?

Haha, he was underneath Cam and got half the money that was given to Cam. Sounds like Juelz put up no money (so took no risk), and got 25% of the profits. I'm not familiar with how music industry deals work, but this doesn't sound bad. Your boss split his money with you 50/50?

listen even after juelz left cam he still didnt do ? wit his career .
  • Go figure
    edited December 2017
    Options

f8rqcntcgo1c.gif

The line goes "I showed you your first tec on tour with large professor, then I heard your album about your tec on the dresser"

So it's a fact that Jay showed Nas a tec, but how would anyone other than Nas be able to confirm that it was the first tec he ever saw and the reason he referred to it on his album? When you come from one of the worst public housing in the city it's safe to assume he seen plenty of straps before. His best friend/DJ got gunned down and his brother was a shooter.

LP referenced him n nas reaction to jay pullin out the tec when they thought their tour bus was gettin rushed during the incident jay rapped about.

If Jay said it, LP backed it, nas or none of the other guys LP mentioned being there during the incident never refuted it....

...only thing that would stop someone from believing it is their own feelings

This really affects u huh
  • buttuh_b
    Options

f8rqcntcgo1c.gif

LP referenced him n nas reaction to jay pullin out the tec when they thought their tour bus was gettin rushed during the incident jay rapped about.

If Jay said it, LP backed it, nas or none of the other guys LP mentioned being there during the incident never refuted it....

What did he specifically say?
  • Go figure
    Options

f8rqcntcgo1c.gif

What did he specifically say?

We both watched the same vid bruh...

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2016/08/akinyele-nas-jay-z-beef-history-audio/
    However, in revisiting those early ’90s days under the tutelage of Large Professor, Akinyele provided some interesting context surrounding the eventual 2000s battle between Nas and Jay Z. In 1991, Main Source and Jaz-O (a/k/a The Jaz) would co-headline a tour, promoting Breaking Atoms and Ya Don’t Stop, respectively. This was where the famed Jay Z takeover line “I showed you your first Tec, on tour with Large Professor / Then I heard your album about your Tec on your dresser” allegedly came to be—and Ak’ says it’s 100% true.

https://youtu.be/1Rfrspj8snANCB
    34:00 min

Akinyele spoke on this too.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I listened to the Drink Champs interview a while back. Don't have headphones at work but from what I remember he didn't say anything about it being Nas first time seeing a tec. It's a fact Jay pulled out a tec. That's the furthest his knowledge extends from what I heard.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Mind u akinyele was Nas homie from before they got on. According to him in the drink champs interview they hung out everyday n nas almost gave up on music n resorted to drug dealin but he was bad at it
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Mind u akinyele was Nas homie from before they got on. According to him in the drink champs interview they hung out everyday n nas almost gave up on music n resorted to drug dealin but he was bad at it

What does that have to do with anything?
  • Go figure
    Options

If u know your boy stays strapped up and another dude dissin him talkin about "showed u your first tec on tour" youre not gonna say its 100% true AND compeletely disregard this dude is sayin u dont own guns knowing he does

Wheres the logic fam?
  • buttuh_b
    Options

If u know your boy stays strapped up and another dude dissin him talkin about "showed u your first tec on tour" youre not gonna say its 100% true AND compeletely disregard this dude is sayin u dont own guns knowing he does

Wheres the logic fam?

What are u talking about? I'm not saying Nas OWNED a tec. I'm saying there's no way my homeboy would know what guns I've SEEN before.
  • Go figure
    Options

Wheres the logic fam?

What are u talking about? I'm not saying Nas OWNED a tec. I'm saying there's no way my homeboy would know what guns I've SEEN before.

Lmao

Do Nas bust his gun??

Hell na but he seen a few in his day!!

Foh....

....and im a Nas stan mind u