Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Teaser Trailer

Options

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't take those fanboy boards to seriously fam, one might aswell say Tekken n SC are trash 3D fighters cause they lack the depth of Virtua Fighter...I remember folks hating on Smash Bros and thinking it's not a real fighting game...even when Smash hit the competitive scene mofos were still complaining... ? until this day even lol...you've got so called purist out there still playing Blaz Blue n talking ? about other fighters...I loved Blaz Blue but ? lacked characters n after I while I need new ? to play...mofos out there playing the same ? for a decade man.

Try playing MK/Injustice with someone who knows your style a bit or play the multiverse/tower challenge modes, you'll discover there is more to the combat gameplay than at first glance...
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly. The problem is, Monk still thinks Capcom dictates fighting games. They dont.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't take those fanboy boards to seriously fam, one might aswell say Tekken n SC are trash 3D fighters cause they lack the depth of Virtua Fighter...I remember folks hating on Smash Bros and thinking it's not a real fighting game...even when Smash hit the competitive scene mofos were still complaining... ? until this day even lol...you've got so called purist out there still playing Blaz Blue n talking ? about other fighters...I loved Blaz Blue but ? lacked characters n after I while I need new ? to play...mofos out there playing the same ? for a decade man.

Try playing MK/Injustice with someone who knows your style a bit or play the multiverse/tower challenge modes, you'll discover there is more to the combat gameplay than at first glance...

Ehhh I ain't really talking about the haters. We all now how they are. Hell we see that with @focus on this site. I'm talking about people who legitimately like playing different fighting games. NRS games are just different in the community. People either are fans or don't like them. There isn't much middle ground. Like I'm not an ArcSys fan, but I've owned and enjoyed a couple Guilty Gear games. For some reason, people don't really casually dabble with NRS games like that.

Anyway, NRS games are trash to me. I don't say that from the standpoint of someone has never played them. Like I said, I bought MKX and my brother owns both Injustice games. So I've played the, and they are enjoyable enough for a couple hours. However, the fun from them dies off quickly. It just does. Just a matter of taste. The gameplay always feels clunky to me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Exactly. The problem is, Monk still thinks Capcom dictates fighting games. They dont.

No one company dictates fighting games. They're all doing their thing. And I've played games from a variety of developers. NRS games and DOA are the only games I never cared for.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In a way Capcom still do. You can’t argue that all these influx of fighting games wouldn’t have happened had Capcom not revived the genre with SFIV and made it exciting again.

After SFIV all the fighting games came back in drove all sporting influences from SFIV so yes capcom should still be respected as a fighting game developer
  • focus
    edited November 2017
    Options

In a way Capcom still do. You can’t argue that all these influx of fighting games wouldn’t have happened had Capcom not revived the genre with SFIV and made it exciting again.

After SFIV all the fighting games came back in drove all sporting influences from SFIV so yes capcom should still be respected as a fighting game developer

That was a decade ago tho. What has Capcom done lately? No offense, but yall kinda living in the past. Monk still think its 1999. No one can deny Capcom's history...but I just dont understand this logic that they are somehow superior in any regard anymore. Everybody has the gameplay now. Everybody runs big tournaments. Everyone has critical acclaim. The sales, the graphics...etc. Who gives a ? about what is said on a message board lol? Thats really crazy and out of touch with reality.
  • vagrant-718
    Options

That was a decade ago tho. What has Capcom done lately? No offense, but yall kinda living in the past. Monk still think its 1999. No one can deny Capcom's history...but I just dont understand this logic that they are somehow superior in any regard anymore. Everybody has the gameplay now. Everybody runs big tournaments. Everyone has critical acclaim. The sales, the graphics...etc. Who gives a ? about what is said on a message board lol? Thats really crazy and out of touch with reality.

My post isn’t on decades ago. It’s on the present with SFIV being the rebirth of fighting games. All these games out now wouldn’t had happened had Capcom not take that risk
  • focus
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That was in 2008. A decade ago, like I said.

Saying Capcom is still on top because of that is like saying Lil Wayne is the best rapper in 2017.
  • vagrant-718
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That was in 2008. A decade ago, like I said.

Saying Capcom is still on top because of that is like saying Lil Wayne is the best rapper in 2017.

Which fighting game is on top then? Sfv still get the most entrants in tournaments. If NRS on top then tournaments would’ve been closing out the show with Mkx or IJ2
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've honestly never played Injustice 2 so I can't speak on it

But all those MK games are trash lol , really only good for single player

And I still haven't played this game lmao I heard black panther was out
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Meh, the are basically what I thought they'd be. I might try running a Black Widow/Chun Li team though.
  • focus
    Options
    WS and Widow both look terrible model wise and gameplay looks boring.

Venom looks as good as anyone can in this game.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game is so ? ugly. Still can't believe they released it looking like this.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Black panther looks good
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Some character do look good, especially their animations. Jedah is a good example.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I'm just now watching videos of this , so Ultron is top tier?

Also I don't really understand how the infinity gems work
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Why don't you just play the game? You said you already have it.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Why don't you just play the game? You said you already have it.

I do have it, you wanna play?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Sure? You around now? I'm usually on for an hour at 10pm during the week days.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Alright 10 pm is usually when I'm on too
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Alright 10 pm is usually when I'm on too

Cool, when I holla at you I don't wanna get the "I'm ? " response again. lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol ? , you are such a clown. Go ressurect the Injustice topic for that ? . Why you gonna post it here?