According to Dr. Umar, the black church as a collective takes in $14 Million dollars every Sunday...

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

every member huh?

no one should be homeless huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?

yup every member... they paying they tithes struggling and poor whole the pastors ballin in jets and ? . backwards ass ?

you DONT HAVE TO MAKE MONETARY TITHES

if you dont have it to give, dont give ...its that simple...what they gon do...kick you out?

People are missing the entire point of what the tithe is supposed to be anyway

Actually yes ? !!!

92-year-old woman kicked out of church for not tithing
    BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -
    A 92-year-old woman is no longer allowed to worship at the church where she was a member for more than 50 years because she was not tithing.

Josephine King said that was the reason she was kicked out of Bainbridge's First African Baptist Church.

Her family members said they hope the situation will bring change to churches across the nation.

“Josephine King is no longer considered a member of the First African Baptist Church of Bainbridge, Georgia,” read Gerald Simmons, as he skimmed over the letter addressed to his aunt.

The letter, signed by Senior Pastor Derrick Mike, stated that Ms. King "has shown non-support" towards the church in the areas of "constant and consistent financial and physical participation."

"She was stunned. She was disappointed. She was shocked," said Simmons.

He said Ms. King was considered sick and a shut-in for several months, which was the reason for her lack of attendance.

He also said his aunt had gone above and beyond in the past to financially support the church.

"You shouldn't chase the individuals down," said Simmons. "You shouldn't do that. If that's the case, you're money hungry."

Simmons also noted that his aunt isn't the first person to receive a letter of removal for not tithing, and hopes her story will shed some light on the policy.

"You have to have money to make these churches run, but it's not about money,” Simmons said. "It's about ? . You have to put ? first."

Several requests for comment from the church were made, but no responses by officials or other members were given.

http://www.walb.com/story/29762845/92-year-old-woman-kicked-out-of-church-for-not-tithing

Here is one more
    Florida church sends collection notices to ‘delinquent’ tithers
    A Tampa woman is outraged after she says she received a collection notice in the mail from her local church ordering her to pay $1,000 in order to be considered a “member in good standing.”

“People were really friendly there, and I really enjoyed being there,” Candace Petterson, a single mother who has been attending the Greater Mount Moriah Primitive Baptist Church for six months, told a local ABC affiliate.

Ms. Petterson said things were going perfectly at her new church until she received a letter at her home last week.
    “To be a member in good standing and have the right to vote, adults are to contribute the minimum amount of $50 per month,” read Ms. Petterson. “Fifty dollars per month, now this shocked me because I haven’t heard about the $50 per month. So where did this come from?”

“Then Mount Moriah Day is on there, $150,” she added, plus a yearly church anniversary fee of $250, brings the total to $1,000 in required donations per year.

Ms. Petterson said she was told one of the fees is to help pay off the church’s debts. She also learned that her daughter, 11, would also have to meet the financial requirements to become a member, ABC reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/16/florida-church-sends-collection-notices-to-delinqu/

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

i've said this a couple of times

? all that ? you talking ? you can read and know damn well that post was a direct reply to you talking like they don't kick people out of church cause they don't tithe.

You was wrong move along to another point about the fallacy that is church.

Oh you have me sadly mistaken I don't go to church. I stopped going to church the second my mother felt I could be left home alone which was between 10-12 can't remember the exact age.

I have better things I can do than to sit somewhere and be lied to. The singing in church ain't that good for me to go just to be musically entertained.

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif

? lying for lol reactions. Well you accomplished your goal here you go lil guy
    498_zpsceaa8e8e.jpg
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

every member huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?

yup every member... they paying they tithes struggling and poor whole the pastors ballin in jets and ? . backwards ass ?

if you dont have it to give, dont give ...its that simple...what they gon do...kick you out?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -
    A 92-year-old woman is no longer allowed to worship at the church where she was a member for more than 50 years because she was not tithing.

Josephine King said that was the reason she was kicked out of Bainbridge's First African Baptist Church.

Her family members said they hope the situation will bring change to churches across the nation.

“Josephine King is no longer considered a member of the First African Baptist Church of Bainbridge, Georgia,” read Gerald Simmons, as he skimmed over the letter addressed to his aunt.

The letter, signed by Senior Pastor Derrick Mike, stated that Ms. King "has shown non-support" towards the church in the areas of "constant and consistent financial and physical participation."

He said Ms. King was considered sick and a shut-in for several months, which was the reason for her lack of attendance.

He also said his aunt had gone above and beyond in the past to financially support the church.

"You shouldn't chase the individuals down," said Simmons. "You shouldn't do that. If that's the case, you're money hungry."

Simmons also noted that his aunt isn't the first person to receive a letter of removal for not tithing, and hopes her story will shed some light on the policy.

"You have to have money to make these churches run, but it's not about money,” Simmons said. "It's about ? . You have to put ? first."

Several requests for comment from the church were made, but no responses by officials or other members were given.

http://www.walb.com/story/29762845/92-year-old-woman-kicked-out-of-church-for-not-tithing

Here is one more
    A Tampa woman is outraged after she says she received a collection notice in the mail from her local church ordering her to pay $1,000 in order to be considered a “member in good standing.”

“People were really friendly there, and I really enjoyed being there,” Candace Petterson, a single mother who has been attending the Greater Mount Moriah Primitive Baptist Church for six months, told a local ABC affiliate.

Ms. Petterson said things were going perfectly at her new church until she received a letter at her home last week.
    “To be a member in good standing and have the right to vote, adults are to contribute the minimum amount of $50 per month,” read Ms. Petterson. “Fifty dollars per month, now this shocked me because I haven’t heard about the $50 per month. So where did this come from?”

“Then Mount Moriah Day is on there, $150,” she added, plus a yearly church anniversary fee of $250, brings the total to $1,000 in required donations per year.

Ms. Petterson said she was told one of the fees is to help pay off the church’s debts. She also learned that her daughter, 11, would also have to meet the financial requirements to become a member, ABC reported.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/16/florida-church-sends-collection-notices-to-delinqu/

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

? all that ? you talking ? you can read and know damn well that post was a direct reply to you talking like they don't kick people out of church cause they don't tithe.

Oh you have me sadly mistaken I don't go to church. I stopped going to church the second my mother felt I could be left home alone which was between 10-12 can't remember the exact age.

I have better things I can do than to sit somewhere and be lied to. The singing in church ain't that good for me to go just to be musically entertained.

ok..good for you (bolded)

but its posts like yours, that to say people who are like minded like you feel that churches are so bad, ya'll go out of ya'll way to talk down to them at every chance. I'm not in threads trying to convince people to go to church. Thats on you, and you are entitled to do whatever your heart desires

But TOO many people keep focusing on the building of the church instead of how the bible defines what church is. If its that important to you, then you again, go somewhere else.

and lol at me being wrong about people not getting kicked out. I was making a tongue in cheek remark about repercussions for not tithing and you found articles about TWO churches, which is hardly a valid sample size to support your claim.

NOT ALL CHURCHES KICK PEOPLE OUT FOR NOT TITHING. Maybe had i said that, then we arent having this discussion.

You didn't need to type all that ? . This would've been much easier and is the same thing you are doing
    10cff03e02c98b9e290a75be571c3603.gif

you just being obtuse at this point
  • D. Morgan
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

ok..good for you (bolded)

but its posts like yours, that to say people who are like minded like you feel that churches are so bad, ya'll go out of ya'll way to talk down to them at every chance. I'm not in threads trying to convince people to go to church. Thats on you, and you are entitled to do whatever your heart desires

But TOO many people keep focusing on the building of the church instead of how the bible defines what church is. If its that important to you, then you again, go somewhere else.

and lol at me being wrong about people not getting kicked out. I was making a tongue in cheek remark about repercussions for not tithing and you found articles about TWO churches, which is hardly a valid sample size to support your claim.

NOT ALL CHURCHES KICK PEOPLE OUT FOR NOT TITHING. Maybe had i said that, then we arent having this discussion.

You didn't need to type all that ? . This would've been much easier and is the same thing you are doing
    10cff03e02c98b9e290a75be571c3603.gif

you just being obtuse at this point

Thats rich coming you regarding this topic.

I'm done with it though
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Jesus himself knew these preachers were full of ? . He personally ran these no good, lying, money hungry, thieving, trash ass, prosperity pimps out of the church himself. He lieterally threw them and the ? they were trying to hustle out of the church......literally.

Matthew 21:12 (KJV)
    And Jesus went into the temple of ? , and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
    13 And said unto them, "It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

No one hated these hustling ass preachers more than Christ. He knew they undercut his message more than anything else. What do you think Jesus would do if he walked inside of Creflo's church today? Would he condone this prosperity theology ? or would he cleanse the den of thieves? Think about that while you watch so called Christians beat the hell out of each other in malls all over the nation spending money they don't have, buying ? they don't need all while celebrating the birthday of a poor man who commanded that what you have done for the least of these you have done onto me.

i dont think ANYONE here would disagree with what you said

@pachá12 just hit the feelings button on that post so obviously he disagrees. You know emotional these fake ass Christians get when you call them out on their ? . And nothing gets them more angry than using a direct quote from Jesus himself to prove just how wrong they really are. But what else would you expect from people who still practice the religion of their slave masters and continue to pray to white Jesus. Smh.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus himself knew these preachers were full of ? . He personally ran these no good, lying, money hungry, thieving, trash ass, prosperity pimps out of the church himself. He lieterally threw them and the ? they were trying to hustle out of the church......literally.

And Jesus went into the temple of ? , and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
    13 And said unto them, "It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

No one hated these hustling ass preachers more than Christ. He knew they undercut his message more than anything else. What do you think Jesus would do if he walked inside of Creflo's church today? Would he condone this prosperity theology ? or would he cleanse the den of thieves? Think about that while you watch so called Christians beat the hell out of each other in malls all over the nation spending money they don't have, buying ? they don't need all while celebrating the birthday of a poor man who commanded that what you have done for the least of these you have done onto me.

@pachá12 just hit the feelings button on that post so obviously he disagrees. You know emotional these fake ass Christians get when you call them out on their ? . And nothing gets them more angry than using a direct quote from Jesus himself to prove just how wrong they are. But what else would you expect from people who still practice the religion of their slave masters and prey to white Jesus.

well im gald you @'d him b/c i didnt disagree with what you said b/c i think it has some merit
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @skpjr78 I know about White Jesus as well as you know me. You're in the wrong. Lucifer used scripture to try to manipulate Christ. Comparable to what you do in terms of using scripture to troll Christians on this board. I don't argue with fools so I know for sure you haven't had an intellectual converstion with me.

You're the same person who tried to group Christians in with Black Friday. Why would i waste my time. Don't @ me, just stay in your feels and when I see you, I'll let you know.
  • skpjr78
    edited December 2017
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    @skpjr78 I know about White Jesus as well as you know me. You're in the wrong. Lucifer used scripture to try to manipulate Christ. Comparable to what you do in terms of using scripture to troll Christians on this board. I don't argue with fools so I know for sure you haven't had an intellectual converstion with me.

You're the same person who tried to group Christians in with Black Friday. Why would i waste my time. Don't @ me, just stay in your feels and when I see you, I'll let you know.

You wrote all that ? and none of that ? changes the fact that your bible which you Christians claim is the true word of ? specifically tells you that Jesus literally turned over the tables of the money changers and threw them out of the temple. You wrote all that ? but still can't contradict anything that I said which is a direct quote from your self proclaimed saviour which came straight out of your bible which you claim is the word of ? .

Smh at Christians claiming they are Christ like while doing and justifying everything that Christ stood against. You can't square this circle but I can't wait to see you try.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @skpjr78 aren't you a Muslim?????
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You wrote all that ? and none of that ? changes the fact that your bible which you Christians claim is the true word of ? specifically tells you that Jesus literally turned over the tables of the money changers and threw them out of the temple. You wrote all that ? but still can't contradict anything that I said which is a direct quote from your self proclaimed saviour which came straight out of your bible which you claim is the word of ? .

Smh at Christians claiming they are Christ like while doing and justifying everything that Christ stood against. You can't square this circle but I can't wait to see you try.

Why exactly do I have to contradict you? Plus, I know these scriptures, you can save them. I haven't seen you post the one about the prostitute, but maybe that would slow you down. It sounds like you broke the rule, Trust No Man (There is extensive scripture on this), you sound more disappointed than an actual Christian. I hear what you saying about the Bible being the true word of ? , that can be debated, I know there's scripture that affirms that.

To keep it 100, i was on my way to the gym and saw I got mentioned. Put simply, good and bad in all of us, even Christians. Flesh is still flesh. So while Dr. Johnson is checking pockets, he's actually fueling more issues within the black community. Real Christians know what time it is, bighñfer issues going. The reality is that we are in the times where the tree is shaking for all religions, the focus is to strengthen. A Pastor thats living wrong is going to the same hell that any unrepentant sinner is going to. I'm done with this. You're wrong and need to make your peace with some things in your life.

Thank you you for motivating me to find a particular scripture.
  • skpjr78
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »

No I'm not but I am studying Islam. I grew up in the Christian church and was told too many times to stop asking questions and never question ? . It feels good to able to study something and be surrounded by people who want you to ask questions and won't let you leave until they answer it.

Meanwhile the typical church going Christians are still doing overt, contradictory ? right in your face and expecting you to pretend like you don't see it and forbidding you to ask questions about it. You can't ? on my head and tell me it's raining. I'll save that ? for the negros who still pray to the same ? as David Duke and the KKK. I'll pass.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No I'm not but I am studying Islam. I grew up in the Christian church and was told too many times to stop asking questions and never question ? . It feels good to able to study something and be surrounded by people who want you to ask questions and won't let you leave until they answer it.

Meanwhile the typical church going Christians are still doing overt, contradictory ? right in your face and expecting you to pretend like you don't see it and forbidding you to ask questions about it. You can't ? on my head and tell me it's raining. I'll save that ? for the negros who still pray to the same ? as David Duke and the KKK. I'll pass.

LOL keep studying.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif

498_zpsceaa8e8e.jpg

Lying bout what ? ?

You're ass was caping hard for that ? in that diploma thread about him.

Oh, you forgot here some of you're dumb ?
    Serious question for the Umar supporters. Do you really think there is a problem with people being skeptical about his plans for the school that haven't come to fruition yet? Granted I get you might have reasons for continued support, but do you really think it's wrong for people to want to grill him on this point?

If they have donated money. They have the right to ask those questions.

If they haven't donated they can feel skeptical and that is understandable

If they haven't donated no you shouldn't want to grill him about it. Who the ? are you to be asking that man about what he doing with other peoples money that you haven't contributed to?

You should probably take your own advice, since you ain't contributing to the church, what the ? gives you the right to say what they should do w/ the money
  • skpjr78
    edited December 2017
    Options

Why exactly do I have to contradict you? Plus, I know these scriptures, you can save them. I haven't seen you post the one about the prostitute, but maybe that would slow you down. It sounds like you broke the rule, Trust No Man (There is extensive scripture on this), you sound more disappointed than an actual Christian. I hear what you saying about the Bible being the true word of ? , that can be debated, I know there's scripture that affirms that.

To keep it 100, i was on my way to the gym and saw I got mentioned. Put simply, good and bad in all of us, even Christians. Flesh is still flesh. So while Dr. Johnson is checking pockets, he's actually fueling more issues within the black community. Real Christians know what time it is, bighñfer issues going. The reality is that we are in the times where the tree is shaking for all religions, the focus is to strengthen. A Pastor thats living wrong is going to the same hell that any unrepentant sinner is going to. I'm done with this. You're wrong and need to make your peace with some things in your life.

Thank you you for motivating me to find a particular scripture.

If I'm wrong than so is your bible and your Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. His words not mine.

Either Jesus, your bible, your preachers or you aren't telling the truth. Somebody lying. Until you can tell who the liar is I'll just ignore all of yall.
    #MustBe2Sides
  • D. Morgan
    edited December 2017
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif

498_zpsceaa8e8e.jpg

Lying bout what ? ?

Serious question for the Umar supporters. Do you really think there is a problem with people being skeptical about his plans for the school that haven't come to fruition yet? Granted I get you might have reasons for continued support, but do you really think it's wrong for people to want to grill him on this point?

If they haven't donated no you shouldn't want to grill him about it. Who the ? are you to be asking that man about what he doing with other peoples money that you haven't contributed to?

You should probably take your own advice, since you ain't contributing to the church, what the ? gives you the right to say what they should do w/ the money

You that pressed for lols you don't realize that contradicts you lying ass statement.

Not once have I said what the church should or shouldn't do with the money cause it ain't my money. Stating facts that some churches do ? up ? with tithes ain't the equivalent of saying what the church should do with the money.

I knew you would pick that post instead the others I posted in that thread. Especially make the choice not post were I said "it makes sense for folks to question what was done with the money. Its actually smart for a person who hasn't donated money to hold off on donating money to the school if they don't like the way Umar is answering questions by the people who have donated money."

Yeah you a lying ass ? pressed for lol reactions. You got them now eat your cookie for your lol accomplishment
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif

498_zpsceaa8e8e.jpg

Lying bout what ? ?

You that pressed for lols you don't realize that contradicts you lying ass statement.

Not once have I said what the church should or shouldn't do with the money cause it ain't my money. Stating facts that some churches do ? up ? with tithes ain't the equivalent of saying what the church should do with the money.

Yeah cuz this post isn't a shot at how the church money is spent.

? the pastor can't ride around in a $80k car if the church paying members bills.

Thy Lord and Savior White Jesus Christ will take care of my bills while my tithes every week will take care of the pastor so he can live a life of luxury for saving members souls.

That's how this works!!!!!

But I'M the one contradicting myself.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif

498_zpsceaa8e8e.jpg

Lying bout what ? ?

? the pastor can't ride around in a $80k car if the church paying members bills.

Thy Lord and Savior White Jesus Christ will take care of my bills while my tithes every week will take care of the pastor so he can live a life of luxury for saving members souls.

Yes you are if you don't get the obvious sarcasm of that statement then you more pressed then I ever thought you was.

How many lol reactions you want cause its obviously that important to you?

? you looking silly ? right now.

• Revolver Ocelot
    edited December 2017
    Options

every member huh?

Actually yes ? !!!

BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

Here is one more

THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE??

But you a Dr. Umar stan

Idris-Elba.gif

498_zpsceaa8e8e.jpg

Lying bout what ? ?

Yes you are if you don't get the obvious sarcasm of that statement then you more pressed then I ever thought you was.

How many lol reactions you want cause its obviously that important to you?

? you looking silly ? right now.

Yes, a sarcastic shot at the church and what is done with the money.

Cuz you did it sarcastically, means it wasn't a shot?

confused-black-girl---confusception_fb_3489431.jpg

Man you're the epitome of a smart dumb ? .
  • D. Morgan
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That wasn't your point so now you trying to move the goalpost cause you that pressed to try and prove some ? that just ain't there.

Its your fault you out here looking silly not mine.

So what else you got?

Please at least make the ? worth my while cause so far the ? you pulling is ? pathetic! On top of it being boring me at this point.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pachá12 just hit the feelings button on that post so obviously he disagrees. You know emotional these fake ass Christians get when you call them out on their ? . And nothing gets them more angry than using a direct quote from Jesus himself to prove just how wrong they really are. But what else would you expect from people who still practice the religion of their slave masters and continue to pray to white Jesus. Smh.

I get what you're trying to relay. However, I think you're casting to big of a net. All pastors and Christians aren't lying deceiving misguided folks.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I grew up in a Christian family and went to Catholic schools all the way up to 10th grade. Ive definitely experienced the don't ask ? christians but I've also met and spoken with plenty who encourage asking questions and debating scriptures and applying them to your view of the world. Every religion and denomination has people who are very strict and don't deviate from what they interpret as the literal meanings and then some who are open to interpretation and discussion. You say you're studying Islam now...I'm sure you're not naive enough to think there aren't people within Islam who also discourage questions and aren't extremely traditional in their beliefs. Those people exist everywhere
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    That wasn't your point so now you trying to move the goalpost cause you that pressed to try and prove some ? that just ain't there.

So what else you got?

Please at least make the ? worth my while cause so far the ? you pulling is ? pathetic! On top of it being boring me at this point.

Is that your fall back whenever you get called out and have nothing to back it up.

Somebody else is always moving the goalpost.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plat push and ? still missed the point of this thread

which basically is....
    a.mann wrote: »
    Umar wants a piece of that pie....lol

And not to share with you ?

• D. Morgan
    Options

So what else you got?

Is that your fall back whenever you get called out and have nothing to back it up.

? you said take my own advice like said in the other Umar thread in regards to telling people how to spend the money.

I never made a comment on how the church should spend the money. Cause just like in the other the thread same standard applies here. I don't give a ? how the church spends the money cause it ain't MY ? money.

So you've gone from don't tell the church how to spend their money, when that was never said by me. Too just taking a shot at the church.

You moving the goalpost. Either its about me telling the church how to spend their money or just me plain old taking a shot at the church.

Pick one and stick to it cause it can't be both.

• skpjr78
    edited December 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I grew up in a Christian family and went to Catholic schools all the way up to 10th grade. Ive definitely experienced the don't ask ? christians but I've also met and spoken with plenty who encourage asking questions and debating scriptures and applying them to your view of the world. Every religion and denomination has people who are very strict and don't deviate from what they interpret as the literal meanings and then some who are open to interpretation and discussion. You say you're studying Islam now...I'm sure you're not naive enough to think there aren't people within Islam who also discourage questions and aren't extremely traditional in their beliefs. Those people exist everywhere

Everytime I've gone to the mosque or attended any kind of session of any sort I've been told to bring a notebook a pen and be prepared to ask questions. I've actually been to meetings where the brothers were upset that not enough questions were being asked. I have never walked out of the mosque with unanswered question and I make it my business to ask as many questions as I can. No one brother claimed to know everything but they would not allow to walk out of the door until they found someone somewhere who could provide me with a satisfactory answer. I can wholeheartedly attest to their dedication to answering any and all questions that anybody has. That is the exact opposite of what I dealt with in the church. Anytime I asked my family, a deacon, an elder or the pastor a question they didn't like or couldn t answer they would tell me some ? like ? works in mysterious ways, don't question ? or they would just get ? off and tell me to stop asking so many damn questions. I peeped that ? at a very young age and that's when I began to realise that the church was full of ? .
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

So what else you got?

? you said take my own advice like said in the other Umar thread in regards to telling people how to spend the money.

I never made a comment on how the church should spend the money. Cause just like in the other the thread same standard applies here. I don't give a ? how the church spends the money cause it ain't MY ? money.

So you've gone from don't tell the church how to spend their money, when that was never said by me. Too just taking a shot at the church.

You moving the goalpost. Either its about me telling the church how to spend their money or just me plain old taking a shot at the church.

Pick one and stick to it cause it can't be both.

? the thread is about the church and what they do or don't do w/ the money they collect on Sundays.

And one of your first post was a shot at a preacher and the price of his car. Last I check that's about church and money.

tenor.gif

Imma take my own advice and stop arguing w/ smart dumb ? .