The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    And All ya'll in here celebrating injuries that's Wack Cac ? ..If u ever suited up in any sport u know better than that...Weirdos

call'em out b
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe I did Sir ....& Stewart stop Instigating
    filcno4rxfec.gif
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rather have Nick Foles than Brandon Weeden and most of these other backup muhfuckas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's hilarious to hear that all these cacs suddenly begging for Kaepernick on WIP tho
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant front tho we did laugh at romo doin snow angels after breaking his back and ? .. folk gave no ? when obj got hurt... so dude kinda got a point
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/pilot-flying-j-jury-will-hear-secret-tapes-of-vile-racist-language/
    Pilot Flying J jury will hear secret tapes of “vile” racist language

The criminal fraud trial of several Pilot Flying J executives has been placed on hold until January 8. At some point after it resumes, the case is going to make major headlines for a different reason than the scheme to defraud customers of the truck-stop chain by cheating them out of fuel rebates.

Via the Knoxville News Sentinel, the presiding judge said on Thursday that secretly-recorded tapes containing the voice of former Pilot Flying J president Mark Hazelwood will be played for the jury. The judge described the comments as including “vile, despicable, inflammatory racial epithets” that disparaged “the entire population of Cleveland, Ohio,” the city of Oakland, California, and the Cleveland Browns.

Browns owner and Pilot Flying J CEO Jimmy Haslam was asked about the audio during the Friday press conference introducing John Dorsey as the Browns’ new G.M.

“I’m actually glad you brought that up,” Haslam said. “I have said since the investigation began almost five years ago that we wouldn’t comment, but yesterday’s comments that came out of the courtroom I think justify comments. I will just stand behind what we said yesterday: First of all, none of those individuals work for us anymore. Nobody that works for our company now was present at that event. That is not how we act and do things, and those kind of remarks are intolerable. I’m actually glad you asked that question.”

Haslam also admitted that the company is paying for the defense of Hazelwood and other former employees who are on trial.

“Without getting into too much detail, it is traditional when employees of a company are sued or have a legal problem that the company until those employees plead guilty or are found guilty, the company pays for their legal expenses so that will continue,” Haslam said.

It’s definitely traditional for employees who are sued for things done in the course of business to have their legal expenses covered. The tradition is a bit murkier when it comes to criminal misconduct, and any company that pays for the legal expenses in a criminal trial of a former employee invites speculation that there’s a not-so-subtle quid pro quo at work regarding the things that will or won’t be said, and/or the defenses that will or won’t be pursued.

For example, if Pilot Flying J weren’t paying for Hazelwood’s defense, maybe Hazelwood’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, would be arguing not that code words used by lower level employees kept Hazelwood from being aware of the scheme to defraud customers but that Hazelwood was simply doing what he was told to do from above.

Regardless, and even though Haslam didn’t make the comments himself and apparently wasn’t present for them, the publication of “vile, despicable, inflammatory racial epithets” from the person Haslam hired to be president of Pilot Flying J could spark a broader discussion and debate about whether Hazelwood’s attitudes and words reflect the culture and attitudes of others in the company.

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    cant front tho we did laugh at romo doin snow angels after breaking his back and ? .. folk gave no ? when obj got hurt... so dude kinda got a point

Not sure why ? acting like clowning injuries is some new ? . Right or wrong. Is a staple of the IC. People just get in they feelings when is they squad for the most part. I hope Wentz makes a full recovery, but as far as the eagles as a squad. ? em. ? wanna be running n getting first downs n TDs, that's the risk you take. Wanna avoid unneccessary hits, stay in the pocket my G. That's what ? was saying to Cam and Vick, but now we supposed to hold a vigil for Carson bc Philly fans hurt. ? that, stay in the pocket and stop showboating after you get a first down scrambling.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Arod, same ? . People wanna praise these QBs for keeping the play "alive" and ignore the fact that they basically putting the season on the line everytime they scramble n ? . With the new "don't touch the QB rules", defensive players can only really HIT a QB when he scrambles. So that's even more reason for QBs to not scramble much.
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Not sure why ? acting like clowning injuries is some new ? . Right or wrong. Is a staple of the IC. People just get in they feelings when is they squad for the most part. I hope Wentz makes a full recovery, but as far as the eagles as a squad. ? em. ? wanna be running n getting first downs n TDs, that's the risk you take. Wanna avoid unneccessary hits, stay in the pocket my G. That's what ? was saying to Cam and Vick, but now we supposed to hold a vigil for Carson bc Philly fans hurt. ? that, stay in the pocket and stop showboating after you get a first down scrambling.

? you shouldve seen my Facebook feed last night and today. Philly fans were acting like the Wentz just died they were so grief stricken. Y’all should be blessed y’all got a backup who can actually play, unlike Brandon Weeden or Tom Savage. Then they would’ve really been ?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Might be a good safety
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did my dolphins get on prime time 4 times in 7 weeks??
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Wasn't this ? a top 10 pick. It was a dumb pick to begin with. Them ? already got a top level WR, you really just needed another decent WR that could been found in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Word to Kupp or Juju
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross the reason you gotta be careful with them track guys masquerading as football players
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Miami needs to go back to these unis. Those news unis & helmet wack.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wasn't this ? a top 10 pick. It was a dumb pick to begin with. Them ? already got a top level WR, you really just needed another decent WR that could been found in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Word to Kupp or Juju

pick seemed like a reach imo. Eh. I guess the front office was high on him.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Our throwbacks are beautiful
  • infamous114
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lol this fat ? Thomas looked like he was headed for the first down marker before he fumbled the ball smh
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Cutler running away form a sack and completing a pass? So uncutler like
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That PI was some super BS

Cools pushed a ? in the face and didn’t get called for offensive PI.

• TheBoyRo
    Options
    Damn we might win lol
  • infamous114
    Options
    Xavien Howard been trash in 2 seasons but he's doing his thing the last 2 games
  • natural born sinners
    Options

pick seemed like a reach imo. Eh. I guess the front office was high on him.

They were high on something alright
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    I need bulkhead to go off to salvage a fantasy season