The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options
1117118119120121123»

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Channing Tatum's 'Gambit' Budget, Filming Location And Start Date Revealed

The long-in-the-works Gambit is more tangible than ever.

New details reveal Gambit will head in front of cameras in March in New Orleans, according to the city and state's film offices, as reported by NOLA.com.

The gestating project will shoot under working title "Forevermore."

Budget details for this specific iteration of the X-Men spinoff are unavailable — the project has changed hands and experienced set backs over the course of its lifetime — but an original 2015 filing with the Louisiana state film office reportedly boasted a $155 million dollar budget.

Gambit will be directed by Gore Verbinski, the filmmaker behind the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

“I think we got super, super lucky," star and producer Channing Tatum said of Gambit's bumpy road to the big screen. "I think a lot of setbacks, we'll look at them in hindsight as giant blessings."

Tatum, who pointed to R-rated Fox productions Deadpool and Logan as teachers, said the movies "knocked down a lot of doors for us to be able to do things that we wanted to do in the first place."

According to rumored plot details that surfaced in September, Gambit will operate as a spin on Ocean's Eleven and Romeo & Juliet — with mutants.

Gambit will open Valentine's Day 2019.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/18/channing-tatum-gambit-budget-filming-location-start-date/
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lol someone trying to sabotage the movie. That budget will
    Not be 155
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lol Deadpool had a 58 Million dollar budget. I cant see them giving Gambit much more than that.

They initially gave Deadpool more money in the beginning but cut it practically in half during filming. I think Deadpool is way more of a fan favorite than Gambit is, so if that happened to Deadpools budget id be super surprised if they gave Gambit over 100. Tatum aint that big of a money maker i dont think.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The wait for Gambit is over. We've been waiting on the film since, what, 2004?

Just wait til Marvel gets it then give us a Gambit film
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I wonder if New Mutants will take place in the Logan timeline. I just rewatched Logan for the first time since theaters and they mention "New Mutants" multiple times in the film. Could possibly take place in the Xmen timeline too though.