Why was the diplomats so distant from the rest of the roc?

Options
P. Town
P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Reason
Aside from cam it seemed like the rest of the dips really didn't ? with jay, kanye, beans, state property, bleek, its like they didn't fit in

Comments

• therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think it was the youth of the dips...
  • elzo69
    elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cuz Cam was throwing shots at Jigga round the time can i get a what what dropped.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they aint really ? w/ them ? before they joined tha roc so once they did they weren't on some fake ? like "we best friends now". They was 2 entirely different camps that dame put 2gether. Plus Jay was always salty at how dame gave Cam so much power w/o consulting him about it.

Pretty much..
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah, they (the roc) aint really ? wit them dudes before the deal. hell, that deal was dames doings. jay was his own man like cam was his own man. dame tried to mix ? with ? .

now dame walking around all like "woe is me, jay did me wrong, i thought we was potnaz, i thought we was folk!"

but this is my opinion. dont spazz out on me dudes.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    omillio sparks said in an interview that people on the roc (Jay-Z, Bleek, State Prop) didn't like the fact that they gave so much power to cam being that he was new to the label and they had been there longer. it's in an interview somewhere, i can't remeber which one
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Balling!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • P. Town
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Anybody think that tryin to push a hungry state property group and a flashy dipset group at the same time really was a bad idea?
    And even though dame seemed to support everyone, it just looked like a jay/beans pushin sp vs dame/cam pushin the dips
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Simple... because from the start DIPSET was a MOVEMENT.. they were signed to the Roc but they didnt move with the Roc.. Cam made that clear from jump street which is why The Dips is the greatest movement of all time IMO.. they didnt followl nobody or succ dicc or even rarely flash the rocafella chain.. They were about that Eagle, thats why even during turmoil they all repped the DIP because it was forever not a label or group.. DipSet is FOREVER!
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cuz they already had there own Brand and a whole entire crew that been together before they even got on the ROC , They tried to use the Roc more so to push the Diplomats rather than to fit in ...

they looked at it as just a Label situation.
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Simple... because from the start DIPSET was a MOVEMENT.. they were signed to the Roc but they didnt move with the Roc.. Cam made that clear from jump street which is why The Dips is the greatest movement of all time IMO.. they didnt followl nobody or succ dicc or even rarely flash the rocafella chain.. They were about that Eagle, thats why even during turmoil they all repped the DIP because it was forever not a label or group.. DipSet is FOREVER!

? OFF ? thats why them ? all broke up cuz they a ?

G UNIT WAS THE REALEST MOVEmENt ? ! we took over the rap game! ? ? LIFES UP and THEY CAREERS, like ur punk ? ass father CAMRON!, CAMRON U BETTER LEARN HOW TO TALK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!! BALLIN!!!.... BORING!!!!!!!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cuz they already had there own Brand and a whole entire crew that been together before they even got on the ROC , They tried to use the Roc more so to push the Diplomats rather than to fit in ...

they looked at it as just a Label situation.

C/S exactly what i just said basically
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    They didnt fit in because they were their own movement. The Roc deal was just that. A DEAL. Jay Z was mad because Camron wouldnt kiss his ass. Hell Camron pulled a gun on the ? in the Sony office. Cam was like ? you pay me from day 1 with the Roc. he didnt take the crumbs that Jay Z threw at him. Thats why Dame offered Cam that VP position because he wasnt a "sit around and wait for Jay Z" Roc artist like them other ? . Cam took initative. took his brand and roc cosign to the streets and made his movement massive. Made his Diplomat Record a real imprint under DefJam/Roc. Jay Z didnt like the fact that he had to pay Cam real money basically and always snubbed them Dipset ? . Dame was supposed to debut the big news that Cam was apart of the Roc on that same day SP and Jay Z tore up hot 97. Jay Z didnt take them on the Roc the mic tour and denied Jim Jones a solo album. Jay Z and Cam go back because Big L was supposed to sign with Rocafella in 1998 but Jay Z told Dame that his career was more important than breaking other careers. Big L knew Jay Z was the reason why thier deal talks went stalemate. supposedly Jay Z offered him a 15K deal. yeah only 15,000. L made that in a night on the underground circut. ? JAY Z
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Talk_Of_NY wrote: »
    ? OFF ? thats why them ? all broke up cuz they a ?

G UNIT WAS THE REALEST MOVEmENt ? ! we took over the rap game! ? ? LIFES UP and THEY CAREERS, like ur punk ? ass father CAMRON!, CAMRON U BETTER LEARN HOW TO TALK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!! BALLIN!!!.... BORING!!!!!!!

? smack yo moms.. as much as I respect the Unit they never were on par with The Dips respect wise EVER! if you actually know anything the Dips never broke up Jim Juelz and Freekey all rode together Hell Rell still collab'd so did 40 & JR.. only piece missing was Killa dicchead.. the dips ran the streets fucc album sales they ran rap on a more respectful level.. look at the unit.. they never had any unity if you keep it trilla.. The Unit started Buck Banks and 50, YayO IN JAIL.. They kicc buck out,they kicked game out when they were as hot as fire since then they aint been ? .. They lucky that the Dips didnt go in they ass
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    they aint really ? w/ them ? before they joined tha roc so once they did they weren't on some fake ? like "we best friends now". They was 2 entirely different camps that dame put 2gether. Plus Jay was always salty at how dame gave Cam so much power w/o consulting him about it.
    genstasia wrote: »
    They was Uptown dudes... Beans and State prop from Philly and Bleek from Brooklyn... They prolly was cool but i can see the difference in Style...
    elzo69 wrote: »
    cuz Cam was throwing shots at Jigga round the time can i get a what what dropped.

All this plus u can say since Dame bought em on board Jay was "like they ur ? , so u deal w/ em". The problem w/ that is Dame let them basically run wild for lack of a better term. To quote Jim Jones "We went wild up @ Roc-A-Fella. Dame wouldnt tell us no...he wouldnt tell us no." That ? probably rubbed Jay the wrong way.

There was also another incident that Bleek described. He said that the whole Roc was on tour and the Dips approached Jay about gettin more stage time and Jay basically told them "If u want more stage time then get ur own tour." I'll see if I can find it.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    They didnt fit in because they were their own movement. The Roc deal was just that. A DEAL. Jay Z was mad because Camron wouldnt kiss his ass. Hell Camron pulled a gun on the ? in the Sony office. Cam was like ? you pay me from day 1 with the Roc. he didnt take the crumbs that Jay Z threw at him. Thats why Dame offered Cam that VP position because he wasnt a "sit around and wait for Jay Z" Roc artist like them other ? . Cam took initative. took his brand and roc cosign to the streets and made his movement massive. Made his Diplomat Record a real imprint under DefJam/Roc. Jay Z didnt like the fact that he had to pay Cam real money basically and always snubbed them Dipset ? . Dame was supposed to debut the big news that Cam was apart of the Roc on that same day SP and Jay Z tore up hot 97. Jay Z didnt take them on the Roc the mic tour and denied Jim Jones a solo album. Jay Z and Cam go back because Big L was supposed to sign with Rocafella in 1998 but Jay Z told Dame that his career was more important than breaking other careers. Big L knew Jay Z was the reason why thier deal talks went stalemate. supposedly Jay Z offered him a 15K deal. yeah only 15,000. L made that in a night on the underground circut. ? JAY Z

For sure, Cam wasn't gonna take any BS from Jay and just wait around for the ? . And wtf a 15k deal? FOH!
  • P. Town
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Young chris said in a interview that when the dips got there they really got out of hand