marriage before the age of 25=failure...

Options

Comments

• CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dude, if you don't want to marry before you are 25, that's cool. It's your decision. What feels wrong for you may be right for someone else. Cliche, but everyone has different life paths that are for them.

Basically
    Everybody's situation is different so there's no definitive answer
  • L.I.P.
    L.I.P. Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Not everyone is the same... Everyone got different circumstances and situations in life and therefore marriage is viable at earlier points in life for some people than it is for others. Personally, I think getting married before 25 is just ludicrous. There's so much out there in the world to see and do and to be tied down to a relationship w/ someone before you're 25, most likely gonna be missing out on a lot
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited July 2010
    Options
    only for those who arent ready for it
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, ? . The world is a lot bigger for me than a ? ' degree from Devry and a "good paying job." I would like to think that at 25 the world is still full of options and possibilities, because if at 25 I've settled into a career and family and that's the next 50 years of my life, that's pretty ? ' pathetic. But that's just me. The average person enters law school at 26. They don't finish school until they're 29-30. Average age of a Person earning a doctorate is even older than that. If your goal in life is simply to get into a routine and spawn, be my guest. But I don't think I was put on this earth for the sole purpose of producing off-spring. If you see that as your life's goal, then have at it. But don't knock me for wanting something more for myself.

Just makin sure ? dont miss this powerful post
  • D-Marco
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just my thoughts but that Idealistic "We're gonna be together forever after knowing each other for 3 yrs" ? dont add up to me.

It takes a long time to see if this one person is the "ONE". And even if they are some people, like myself, see no sense in limiting my options.

Men's value goes up as we age (as long as you're progressing)... why get married early, then realize there's a whole world u never got to experience??

Just think how many dumb decisions u made @ 18? 21?
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    Just my thoughts but that Idealistic "We're gonna be together forever after knowing each other for 3 yrs" ? dont add up to me.

It takes a long time to see if this one person is the "ONE". And even if they are some people, like myself, see no sense in limiting my options.

Men's value goes up as we age (as long as you're progressing)... why get married early, then realize there's a whole world u never got to experience??

Just think how many dumb decisions u made @ 18? 21?

LMAO at gettin' married at 25 when some rental car places won't even let you rent a car before the age of 25. GTFOH.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Marriage comes with ups and downs but majority of people who get married and divorce are quick to cop out or run when the downs and hardships settle in. Also people under estimate the value of their spouses family/ friends before getting married....remember when you marry a person you also marrying their family and friends so before you get married make sure you can stand those people cause they will impact your relationship in one way or form.

Marriage can be done at any age I know people who got married in their early twenties and a decade later they still going strong...its all comes down to the people involved. If you can handle the obstacles and challenges that come with it then go ahead...
  • D-Marco
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My parent got married @ 19...

All Im sayin is if ur that young then u get married and start making all ur decisions together...if yall ever break up, one if not both parties gonna be ? up emotionally.

As people progress thru life they become different. I think its pretty easy to out grow someone you fell in love wit in ur teens.

I know it ain't the same...but how many childhood friends are u still cool wit?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? , don't get glib with me. We obviously have different perspectives on the world. Let's just leave it at that.

how about you can't justify your view beyond some abstract ? that you can't even live up to yourself?
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    L.I.P. wrote: »
    Not everyone is the same... Everyone got different circumstances and situations in life and therefore marriage is viable at earlier points in life for some people than it is for others. Personally, I think getting married before 25 is just ludicrous. There's so much out there in the world to see and do and to be tied down to a relationship w/ someone before you're 25, most likely gonna be missing out on a lot

be real here...

how many of y'all are gonna "see the world"???

not a damned one of you. Seeing the world and doing ? amounts to hittin "da club", going to Vegas or Atlantic City, maybe Cancun or Jamaica... and that's about it IF most of y'all even get to do that!

It's a ? abstraction of an excuse to continue being an immature kid instead of growing the ? up and preparing yourself for a real future.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited July 2010
    Options
    how about you can't justify your view beyond some abstract ? that you can't even live up to yourself?

What are you talking about? I can't live up to the fact that I want something more for my life? There's no point in me talking about what I'm doing currently b/c 1. you have no reason to believe me and 2. I'm not one of those "lemme take pics and post to prove it" types. The fact of the matter is that for myself and the people that I hang out with, marriage at this age is pointless. maybe that's just my world view b/c I've seen that there's more to life than just getting a good job and having kids. I'm not hatin' on you fam, you got it. You win. But from where I'm standing, marriage this young is silly and offers no benefit. There are more than 6 billion people on this planet, if someone you're with can't support you until you're ready, you can find someone else.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited July 2010
    Options
    be real here...

how many of y'all are gonna "see the world"???

not a damned one of you. Seeing the world and doing ? amounts to hittin "da club", going to Vegas or Atlantic City, maybe Cancun or Jamaica... and that's about it IF most of y'all even get to do that!

It's a ? abstraction of an excuse to continue being an immature kid instead of growing the ? up and preparing yourself for a real future.

You sound bitter, cousin. Just cuz you were never able to see the world doesn't mean that no one else will.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Two weekends ago I was sittin in a living room with three divorcees all under the age of 28.

I'm good on that ? .

ALso on that ? talking about everyone is about to have a ? existance like himself, keep that ? to yourself. I did that ? in college.

I am adult now, I got plans to go to Europe Next Summer, St Tropez - Italy Cruise. ? got plans.
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You sound bitter, cousin. Just cuz you were never able to see the world doesn't mean that no one else will.

I saw more of the world before I was 18 than you probably have up to this point in your life.

All through Ontario Canada (Windsor, London, Toronto, etc), Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, NY, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Nassau Bahamas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, VA.... I can keep going...
  • QB - 4th Edition
    QB - 4th Edition Banned Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    stupid thread

Yeah I agree it's getting to that point now.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL @ people not believing they can see the world and experience ? with a loving wife. If anything doin stuff with a soulmate make all those other experiences better. Granted Not every wife is a soulmate but you mean to tell me you cant get thru law school or devry and some other ? with a wife cooking you dinner, helping you study, you getting ? without the girl frontin, and she basically do what a girlfriend would do duties wise.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I saw more of the world before I was 18 than you probably have up to this point in your life.

All through Ontario Canada (Windsor, London, Toronto, etc), Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, NY, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Nassau Bahamas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, VA.... I can keep going...

Oh ? , Encyclopedia Brown travled all the states. You SHOOOWED me. That's nice ? . ? that gotta do with what I want?
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i was married at 23. divorced at 24. im a failure, but proud of it.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice? really? think so ? ? ok, lets play. lets see. ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3/4 these ? want a wedding, not a marriage.

probably one of the realest statements in 2010.
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh ? , Encyclopedia Brown travled all the states. You SHOOOWED me. That's nice ? . ? that gotta do with what I want?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! This was the funniest debate and this is the funniest post I have seen in a while. If you ask me, both of you have points. You can travel the world and experience things with a wife. It just may be more expensive and you have more responsiblities (takig care of your wife a house and all). Plus you always have a backup or rather something in your corner. However, I could understand why people want to wait a little while. Too busy having fun. I get that. No rush for now. Plus the guy saying, "oh well yall ? aint going to travel the world" well that is kinda putting a negative spin on marriage really. That's like saying "you aint going nowhere. might as well get married" LOL. Sounds like you describing marriage like the end all or something. Like a punishment for a failure. LOL. I know you don't mean it that way though. Some peeps marry young and it works (though most stats say that most dont) and some choose to wait.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    seriously who wants to be locked in a relationship like that?
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Koncept dropped some knowledge all thru this thread. daps man. Its all in your mindset,& good looks for those who to immature to be in a marriage, but wise enough to understand they shouldnt be in one.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    married at 23, marriage over by 25 smh.... t/s so true
  • D-Marco
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Koncept's post act like if u dont wanna get married ur doin something wrong. I disagree.

Everybody aint lookin for a wife, the dudes that understand how to deal with women usually dont get married and if so its definitely not under 25.

Dont get mad cuz u stuck wit the best u could do @ 20. Some people wanna get their stock up first then find a mate.

"Just because u got good head, imma break bread so you can be livin it up?".....Nah, im good